• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some new Red Steel screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
red-steel-20060928055015400.jpg

red-steel-20060928055014103.jpg

red-steel-20060928055012400.jpg

KINGMOKU

They look at beautifull as they did in the Wii screenshot thread ;)

Seriously though, that last shot is spectacular.

SantaC

I gotta say that red steel has a great improvment from the first build regardless of bullshots or not.

gameboya

What version of photoshop are they using?

Or are they using some other graphical manipulation program?

I'm REALLY getting tired of this bullshots!!!

fake gfx shots am cry

I lose!

/cry

This is Marie-Sol from the Red Steel development team! I want to take this opportunity today to give you different news and updates about our game.

As you can imagine, we are in a very busy period of time for quite a few weeks now. We're focused on polishing the game and controls, debugging and also finalizing the multiplayer modes of Red Steel that we will reveal soon.

In August, we were excited to attend the Game Convention in Leipzig. In fact, even if we could not present a new version of the game vs. E3 at that time, it was the first time we could present the game massively to Europe. The feedback we received during the show was very enthusiastic and a big source of motivation for the team!

More recently we have been part of the worldwide Nintendo events, in New York, London and Tokyo. We were very proud to finally reveal first maps of the game! If you’ve seen the last video we put on the Net at the same time, this will give you an idea of what’s to come.

Now, these days, play testing and pizza are our main daily and nightly tasks. But it’s worth it. Especially when we see the results. We think we’ve succeeded in getting impressive visuals and effects that you will also discover through the whole game, such as traditional Japanese houses, impressive bamboo forest, and very nice weather effects … I don't want to reveal too much on what happens there but I'm sure you'll like it too!

To finish, I just wanted to let you know that we keep reading your reactions and feedback on the internet. Thanks for your support!

Talk to you soon for more news!

Marie-Sol

Well judging by the screenshots it does look really nice. Just hoping it looks the same in motion.

vasuba

Banned
Red Steel Blog

Those shots are there with them talking about final graphics build. They have said since Germany that they had the graphics greatly improved but couldnt get the demo out in time for the conventon. they also say now they are finalizing Multiplayer stuff

Red Steel Videos

september 14th shows the latest build? in motion.

KINGMOKU

If this is final out the door graphics, I will have no problem with the Wii this generation concerning graphics. At all.

Now, someone kick the other developers in the anus and get them to this level and it will be all good.

PleoMax

Banned
Look guys i don't wanna rain on your parade with the blogs and shit, but this resolution...is not the resolution of the game and the AA levels are way too high, its clear they were "photoshopped".

That said this game sounds really cool, might get it along with zelda.

eh, they're bullshots most likely off their PC dev kits.

it's ubisoft, they've been doing this for years.

if the farcry wii screens didn't look so shit i'd praise Ubisoft for putting out correct resolution, untouched photos of that game.

MaestroRyan said:
I BELIEVE

please god
you just have to know what you're looking at. if these assets are the real in game assets and the lighting in these screens are similar to whats in the final game, you can imagine the game still looking pretty nice at 480p with some aliasing.

problem is a lot of ifs... but generally, that's all ubisoft do with their bullshots. up the res, and crank up the anti aliasing. so with that in mind, it is looking improved (as these bullshots are better than the old ones and we know the difference in quality between those bullshots and the actual gameplay from that build).

Porridge

People will get over the Wii's 3rd place graphics hardware because I think good developers will squeeze out a lot of great visuals. Red Steel looks really good.

But it also might force them to go with different graphical styles altogether, like Wii Sports. This system is gonna really produce a lot of console creativity

vasuba

Banned
The blog does have smaller sized screenshots but they are smaller then the Wiis resolution and look just as good really. The bottom of the log does say to see the images in higher resolution click the ink and thats where those are from.
rayman-blog-20060928055142148.jpg

rayman-blog-20060928055142726.jpg

rayman-blog-20060928055143273.jpg

Those are lesser resolution then the Wii but they look to me close enough to the larger

Branduil

Obviously they are higher res than possible. But everything else, the lighting and other effects, are entirely believable. Looks good, quite a bit better than an Xbox game.

KINGMOKU

Zoramon089 said:
You people who say they're fake make me laugh. The Wii is either weak or it isn't, you can't keep flip flopping
Well, to be fair, some of the crap wii have seen is borderline criminal, while this looks fantastic.

Its hard to tell truth from fiction when one game looks a PSX game, while this looks just brilliant.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
0OoO0 said:
Ummm...what's a bullshot?
Touched up images released by the PR of a game company that try to pass them off as actual in-game screenshots. The term was coined by replacing the "shit" part of bullshit with "shot" as in image.

Ark-AMN

Banned
moku said:
Well, to be fair, some of the crap wii have seen is borderline criminal, while this looks fantastic.

Its hard to tell truth from fiction when one game looks a PSX game, while this looks just brilliant.
Well, I think it has a lot to do with how far developers were pushing the GameCube. The best Wii stuff now is from those who were in the thick of things with the little ol Cube and got the most out of it. SOME of Ubi's teams did a great job with the Cube for titles like Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil.

And of course, with Nintendo and Retro, there's no doubt.

masud

Banned
Developer's have been releasing high res PS2 and Xbox shots for years. Suddenly with the Wii it's a problem?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ark-AMN said:
Well, I think it has a lot to do with how far developers were pushing the GameCube. The best Wii stuff now is from those who were in the thick of things with the little ol Cube and got the most out of it. SOME of Ubi's teams did a great job with the Cube for titles like Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil.

And of course, with Nintendo and Retro, there's no doubt.

QFT

I'm really want to see Amusement Vision do another racing game on Wii just to see how much they can top Fzero same could be said for capcom with ReWii. Pretty much if the developer hasn't made a good looking GC don't expect them to suddenly start pulling miracles with the Wii, though THDJ has been looking better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom