• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some of the Street Fighter V character themes are up on Youtube

BadWolf

I really like Ryu's as well even though it's overly dramatic.

That's the best part, feels so epic.

I wonder. In Street Fighter IV some character themes Trigger Youtube's content ID. I recall at least one of the VODs I uploaded of a local tourney get flagged for Chun-li's theme. Fortunately I didn't monetize my videos so it didn't really matter.

That's strange, highly doubt that would be something Capcom would enforce either way.

Bizazedo

I really like my mains, Bison. No link handy at the moment and I know it almost seems like an MvC theme.....but I still love it.

I don't know if it's a matter of new and shiny-ness but I like the SF:V arrangements way more than IV's. Like for IV there are only a couple themes that actually like. It seems that with V there will only be a couple I dis-like.

TacosNSalsa

That's the best part, feels so epic.

That's strange, highly doubt that would be something Capcom would enforce either way.
I agree on the Ryu theme...I love it! My favorite theme from IV was Akuma vs Ryu theme which was just an arranged way more dramatic version of Ryu's theme

It's actually sad but it was one of the reasons iShoryuken had to stop posting videos . He was having a real issue with the character themes getting ID and he couldn't monitze his videos which for him was necessary to keep doing it .

emag

I don't know if it's a matter of new and shiny-ness but I like the SF:V arrangements way more than IV's. Like for IV there are only a couple themes that actually like. It seems that with V there will only be a couple I dis-like.

I'm entirely the opposite.

I dislike all of the V remixes (except maybe Ken's) and generally liked the IV remixes (Cammy's in particular was so much better). I also firmly believe IV newcomers (especially Viper, Seth, Hakan, Juri) had much better themes than the V newcomers (Laura's is good, though).

DR2K

Banned
There's something really cheap about all these character themes. Don't care for any of them, especially mid match,

They're nice (Karin and Rashid are the best) but Alpha 2 and all of SF3 remain the GOAT SF soundtracks.

That's partly why I hope someone remixes them under CPS1/2 sound fonts to see how much they actually do fit in with previous titles.
I actually like Ryu's remix. His theme, frankly, is rather boring and the only ones that bring some needed "umph" are MVC3's and this.
His Smash remix was pretty damn ace.

Nyoro SF

Karin's theme is so so damn good. That kind of smooth jazz and rock, to me, is a cornerstone of fighting game music; it just works so well for the combat.

tier list
S: vega
A+: ryu, nash
A: karin, ken, mika
B: chun li, zangief, rashid, dhalsim
C: necalli, cammy, birdie
would rather listen to stage music tier: laura, bison

Wallach

Need that full F.A.N.G theme. The preview is awesome.

Laura's theme is dumpster tier. Press delete please so we can just hear the stage theme.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Karin's theme is sooooo damn good. She was my favorite until I heard Rashid's theme... now I'm not so sure.

I was lukewarm to his initially, but that "RAAAASHIIDOOOOO~" got me all hyped. Goddamn.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
These themes make me sad...

because I know that Sakura's theme won't be in the game.

She'll probably show up in the next batch of DLC after the 6 we're getting. With Karin finally back there's no way they'd pass up a reunion between those two.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ken's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t8B3Sx8X-0
qtsGbde.jpg
Oh my gawd, that's glorious!

Top Bottom