• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some of the Street Fighter V character themes are up on Youtube

Pachinko

Am I alone in finding Laura's theme like a hodgepodge of Sonic the Hedgehog game style themes? I dig it.

Nah, I think that might be why I like it so much too so you aren't at all alone. ( I assumed you meant hillside plaza , not her actual theme)

I know some people out there haven't been too impressed with the soundtrack in SFV but I find it's pretty good stuff myself, fully realized renditions of all the returning SF2 characters and decent remixes of the returning alpha cast along with some pretty damn catchy new tunes ... outside of Laura's theme anyway.

Then you've got the stage music , much MUCH better than the forgettable generic fluff present in SF4's stages. I honestly can't remember any of it's non character themes unless I'm actively listening to it. Crowded street at night , Kanzuki Estate , Hillside Plaza are all super catchy energetic themes.

VariantX

I pretty much enjoy every theme in the game except for laura/bison.

Too much of that techno crap that reminds me of how I didn't like SF4's music, and Bison's theme sounds way worse than its SF4 iteration because it seems like it doubled down on the stuff I didn't like about SF4's soundtrack. Laura's stage music is amazing, but her own theme falls short, and I honestly cant put my finger on what it is about it that bothers me so much.

Zekes!

Really liking Karin's theme.

I feel like Ken's theme sounds like an OCRemix, not really loving it.

Excited to hear Alex's theme eventually. Don't fuck it up....

Zubz

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm already fucking excited for Rashid, but that theme's already shaping up to be my new favorite. However, I don't want to make that judgment already, because the small snippet of F.A.N.G.'s theme we have is pretty rad. I love how it starts with Muzak before picking up... Into a similarly chill tune. It's weird, it's not conducive to fighting, and definitely doesn't sound like a boss character's song, but it's F.A.N.G.; everything we know about him seems to point to this fitting him like a glove. So until I hear his entire theme, I don't know if I can call Rashid's the best yet.

... And then there's the fact that we have remixes of Guile's Theme & Jazzy NYC coming.

I'm a little disappointed with Cammy's theme. Needs to be a little more high energy sounding for her to be fighting to. It's okay as an alternate sounding version, but not for play.

TheOGB

Banned
They certainly all stomp the shit out of the SF4's soundtrack (except Bison's theme sounds like it was cut from Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Laura's theme, despite being an alright tune, bafflingly sounds as boring as an USF4 stage)

Top Bottom