• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Twighlight Pricess Details (old?)

Ark-AMN

Banned
http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6144

key points:

* the report says that between the single-player adventure and all of its hidden side-quests, there are over 100 hours of gameplay to be experienced.

* Also on the subject of size, it’s said that the game in general is much bigger than any Zelda before it, defeating even Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker in this regard.

* the fresh and new gameplay mechanics introduced in Twilight Princess will set the benchmark for the next generation of Zelda.

The first paragraph of the story was already known where Eiji Aonuma is director and Miyamoto is producer.

Johnas

Ark-AMN said:
* the report says that between the single-player adventure and all of its hidden side-quests, there are over 100 hours of gameplay to be experienced.

That 100 hours thing is news to me. We'll see, of course, but I haven't heard that before.

DSN2K

palm.newevent.repeat.day.form.png

tell yeah Ive got Nintendo WORKED OUT O_O

DSN2K

Ark-AMN said:
Hey, I searched the threads, I didn't see any one of them specifically calling out this info.

not blaming you, it certainly might be "New" but its the same old talk what we get every time Nintendo releases a game....

"the fresh and new gameplay mechanics introduced in Twilight Princess will set the benchmark for the next generation of Zelda."

I thought it was going to be the last Zelda as we know it... ?

Raiden said:
100 hours my ass.

-_- They always say 60 - 80+ hours and most people end up beating the game in less than a day.
I'm sure they measure their time in the slow mind of a 5 yr old child.

Akai

iceDragon7 said:
-_- They always say 60 - 80+ hours and most people end up beating the game in less than a day.
Take what any dev says as a game time and halve it for a hardcore gamer...This number includes getting EVERYTHING in the game, not just beating it...Skipping out on more than half the heart containers will obviously cut out a lot of time...

iceDragon7 said:

Well, there was that one time in '97 when Nintendo claimed their best testers could finish OoT in <10 hours, much to the gaming community's chagrin. I'm sure this Zelda will take 30 or so hours to finish like most :).

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
iceDragon7 said:

You beat a Zelda in less than a day? Impressive. Bullshit, but impressive :)

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I don't think anyone can argue that you don't get the bang for your buck length wise, in any Zelda game.

uh just thought id point out that....

EVERY FUCKING ADVENTURE GAME BOASTS AN UNGODLY AMMOUNT OF HOURS AND END UP BEING LESS THAN HALF THAT NUMBER

i believe StarFox Adventures was supposed to be 80 hours.

VerTiGo

Banned
Nintendo's gameplay estimates aren't usually shy of the truth. I spent hours upon hours with OoT and MM doing everything there was to possibly do in the game.

I wish there was a small sailing section. Nothing grand, just a present nod to the first Legend of Zelda. Maybe a raft on a sea with a few docks. Damn, I think of the best ideas.

Juice

The so-called "Advanced Media Network" is so keen on becoming important, that they put out such self-important trite, meaningless garbage like this that I think they're more deserving of an **** ban than some of the other regulars thrown around here.

That's a pretty harsh claim there, Juice, but you seem to know what you're talking about. do you have a newsletter that I may subscribe to?

Xrenity

Juice said:
The so-called "Advanced Media Network" is so keen on becoming important, that they put out such self-important trite, meaningless garbage like this that I think they're more deserving of an **** ban than some of the other regulars thrown around here.
This is your little nephew posting on your account, right?

Juice

Xrenity said:
This is your little nephew posting on your account, right?

If only. This group of unprofessional childish circle jerkers was the bane of our existence at my previous fansite writing gig, as they all seemed to get together in thinking that copying and pasting our news stories and posting them as their own, and then having the audacity of pimping links to those plagiarized news stories to message boards and game site editors on a daily basis was perfectly acceptable.

Hell, there were one or two occasions where I was IMed with links to my own plagiarized news stories in hopes that I post a link to it on my own goddamn website.

Fuck them.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Someone takes himself way too seriously. :lol

I mean, using phrases like "The bane of our existence"?

Seriously, you do know what industry this is right?

Ark-AMN

Banned
I can only speak for myself in stating that a blatant "copy/paste" (ie. Ctrl C -> Ctrl V) is not used on our website. But if you can find a true example of such, then I'd take those accusations to be something more than the ramblings of some melodramatic forumite.

Juice

Ark-AMN said:
I can only speak for myself in stating that a blatant "copy/paste" (ie. Ctrl C -> Ctrl V) is not used on our website. But if you can find a true example of such, then I'd take those accusations with more than a grain of salt.

This was a couple years ago, back when I still did all this. Ask Ray Almehda, he's the one who'd usually do it. Then we'd bitch. Then he'd stop for a week.

Ark-AMN said:
I can only speak for myself in stating that a blatant "copy/paste" (ie. Ctrl C -> Ctrl V) is not used on our website. But if you can find a true example of such, then I'd take those accusations to be something more than the ramblings of some melodramatic forumite.
You sir, are worse than a melodramatic forumite, an emo-chump-continually-whoring-out-his-own-site forumite.

Juice

Gameplay>Graphics said:
You sir, are worse than a melodramatic forumite, an emo-chump-continually-whoring-out-his-own-site forumite.

Which, IIRC, is also against the ToS here.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I hit a nerve?

And I posted this not because it was my website, but because its the only place where I see it. If you actually know my post history, I post things from many many websites. But you guys don't care about that, just want to spew your baseless allegations, thats fine.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Gameplay>Graphics said:
No, I just hate it when people whore out their own site. And there is only one who does it more than you,
Kobun Heat

Jesus, whens the last time I actually did this? I sure don't remember

koam

100 hours is awesome, that means the game will be close to 30 instead of 20 . Great news.

PR 100 hours = 30 hours reality
PR 50 hours = 20 hours reality

Ark-AMN

Banned
I don't even understand what you said there. I just checked my own thread history and none of the locked threads had anything to do with AMN.

Ark-AMN said:
I don't even understand what you said there. I just checked my own thread history and none of the locked threads had anything to do with AMN.
When you do a search, it only goes back so far (not very far). I was only wrong about one thing, you are not worse about this than
Kobun Heat
. Nobody's worse about that than him!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Kobun has good exclusives, I don't see what it matters if someone else links to them or he does. Better that he does than they go under the radar, I'm not going to start browsing Wired just in case there's stuff GAF misses.

Ark-AMN said:
Back to May, thats six freaking months. Thanks for helping to derail this thread over nothing.
On any significant timescale, six months is but a fart in the wind.

But seriously, this info has been passed around like a playboy mag among sixth-graders since, guess when, MAY!!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Miyamoto is not the producer. Aonuma is the producer and sort of acting as a director alongside another director.

Top Bottom