• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone on the street just said good evening to me

SJRB

Gold Member
iu

GeekyDad

...Thoughts? What does GAF think?
I think perhaps you are (were) having a bad day. Saying "good evening" / "good morning" to someone is typically meant as a "good wishes to you," not acknowledgement that the day is good. Maybe he saw you and your state and thought you could use some well wishes. Sounds like a generous soul. Perhaps you just needed some time to digest it. But your reaction, externally, seemed gracious.

Anyway, I have many days like this, so I feel you. It's hard being gracious when you feel like shit. That's just a fact of life, shitty as it can be sometimes.

Mistake

This reminds me of the time a stubby asian man jumped out of some bushes, and went “hello~” causing me to panic and run away

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So I was minding my business, just running errands, and out of the darkness (fucking Winter) some dude just spawns out of atoms and says "Hey, good evening!"

Fuck. Right. Off.
Typical garbage meme thread i have seen so many times on GAF throughout the years already. I get it, you want to come off as sarcastic by making a thread about a gesture so universally nice that it is difficult to be actually upset against, but here you are, infamoususeryou. You are making that thread.

I very well know this is a parody, its just not a fun one. That's alright though:

If you were actually funny, you wouldn't be posting on GAF but you would be making a living as a comedian.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Typical garbage meme thread i have seen so many times on GAF throughout the years already. I get it, you want to come off as sarcastic by making a thread about a gesture so universally nice that it is difficult to be actually upset against, but here you are, infamoususeryou. You are making that thread.

I very well know this is a parody, its just not a fun one. That's alright though:

If you were actually funny, you wouldn't be posting on GAF but you would be making a living as a comedian.

Hey.

Go fuck yourself.

LOL

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I hope this is a fucking joke thread somehow. If not, sit your miserable ass down.

Joking? On the internet? I'm not a silly clown, OR a comedian, I post on GAF. There's a strict non-compete against comedy clubs and GAF, I was just told by a kind gentleman who is probably FANTASTIC at parties.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Joking? On the internet? I'm not a silly clown, OR a comedian, I post on GAF. There's a strict non-compete against comedy clubs and GAF, I was just told by a kind gentleman who is probably FANTASTIC at parties.
Wow…right on. This is the first time I’ve legitimately had no response whatsoever to someone on Gaf. Well done…I guess?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Wow…right on. This is the first time I’ve legitimately had no response whatsoever to someone on Gaf. Well done…I guess?

That is a response, though. You're just a liar, sir.

Yes, it's a shitpost joke thread, look up some of Days Like These... threads, poking some fun at that. Humor is most effective when you don't have to explain the joke, and some would say that that means that it's a bad joke, but I share a different opinion. Lurk more.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
That is a response, though. You're just a liar, sir.

Yes, it's a shitpost joke thread, look up some of Days Like These... threads, poking some fun at that. Humor is most effective when you don't have to explain the joke, and some would say that that means that it's a bad joke, but I share a different opinion. Lurk more.
Fair enough. (Sits and watches the trash fly impossibly high over his head). Carry on

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Lurk? Your post is just trash. It is what it is. There is literally no point to it, it’s not funny, and you are making the forums look bad 🤷‍♂️. Should o
Put that in an spoiler tag to look cool?
Fair enough. (Sits and watches the trash fly impossibly high over his head). Carry on

I'm making the forum look bad? Are you financially invested? Is Evilore your uncle? It's a fucking video game forum. A lot of you guys need to get the NO FUN ALLOWED sign surgically removed from your asses.

Edit:
Post didn't look cool enough, sorry.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Why you posting such assault here tweet that shit like a normal person

Character limits on messages are also a creation of organized religion, so I actively stay away from social media, as a way of letting people know how regular and well adjusted I am.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hey.

Go fuck yourself.

LOL
Hi!

Masturbation is healthy, so yes, will do!

No hard feelings ofc.
I actually am.
But i don't tell that on GAF. I do not need that reassurance.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
OP would have an aneurysm living in the UK. Buying a sausage roll results in several greetings, thank yous and goodbyes.

Top Bottom