• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something Awful Photoshop Phriday - Power Ups in Real Life

Baker

Banned
Thought some of these were pretty funny...

http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=4172

Power-ups have long been the inseperable aid of the video game hero, working his or her way through the various caves, alien fortresses, alien caves, cave fortresses, and warehouses of the video game universe. This week the Something Awful Forum Goons both ask and answer the rhetorical question, "what if video game power-ups existed in real life?" Thank goodness someone had the guts to do that.

Baker

Banned
Blimblim said:
Remember guys, hotlinking to SA's images will get you a nice ban!

Is there a list of what sites are a no-no here? None of the pics were NSFW, so I didn't think it was a problem.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
perplexcity said:
Is there a list of what sites are a no-no here? None of the pics were NSFW, so I didn't think it was a problem.
They become NSFW when you hotlink to them. Oh God, do they ever.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
perplexcity said:
Let's just say that if you hotlink one of their images, the image that will be shown here will DEFINITELY NOT be safe for work.
Edit: human5892 hate!

Ristamar

perplexcity said:

Obviously you've never seen what happens when someone hotlinks SA's images.

Rlan

I don't get the Tank one, most of the rest are :lol though.

Surprised at the lack of "Mushroom makes you 'bigger'" pictures.

Baker

Banned
Sp3eD said:
:lol at the bike arieal crash one. That flash game rocked.

Yeah that's what sold it for me. We played that game at work for weeks. I just recently figured out it was based off some hentai shit though.

explodet

Some of those aren't up to the usual SA Phriday standards, usually their video game ones are a lot better. A few didn't make any sense at all.

Some of their better collections were their Postcards from the Video Game World or In-Game Advertising.

Xenon

explodet said:
Some of those aren't up to the usual SA Phriday standards, usually their video game ones are a lot better. A few didn't make any sense at all.

Some of their better collections were their Postcards from the Video Game World or In-Game Advertising.

I agree but the "grandma respawning in 15 seconds" made me lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
A lot of that was not funny. I'm pretty sure their are some people capable of doing better over here.

I'll admit that I laughed at the Grandma respawning one.

Rlan said:
I don't get the Tank one, most of the rest are :lol though.

Surprised at the lack of "Mushroom makes you 'bigger'" pictures.

I think the tank one refers to Company of Heroes. I think.

A few chuckles, but overall kinda meh. The previous Megaman one was waaay more funny.

sa_megaman_collage.jpg

Nander

Respawning Grandma, Invisability in the girls locker room and state saved/state loaded made me smile a bit at least :)

Top Bottom