• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something weird is happening to PSN

Just fixed mine by contacting live customer support on my pc, all I needed to do was give my email associated with my psn and my psn ID, and the support sent me a password reset email with no dob conformation.

jwk94

Just fixed mine by contacting live customer support on my pc, all I needed to do was give my email associated with my psn and my psn ID, and the support sent me a password reset email with no dob conformation.

Can you give me the link to the live support?

Dragoshi1

I can't sign in, and to make matters worse, I made my account YEARS ago, around 2007-2008, and I don't remember what date of birth I entered, sent a ticket and currently trying to initiate a live chat.

Diebuster

I can't sign in, I can't change my password because it tells me my e-mail/date-of-birth are wrong (they aren't), and the live chat is too busy to offer me support. This is ridiculous.

Anion

Maybe its an attempt to prevent a hacking senario right before the EU PS4 launch? However, it seems that its affecting groups of people at a time. Odd

kmg90

I posted earlier that I wasn't having any issues....

Was playing Dynasty Warriors on my Vita when I received a notice that I was not logged in anymore... after trying to login in the friends app failed I went to the account site and tried my saved password which didn't work

Had to do a password recovery and now everything is OK again....

couldnt login to mine either (US) but was able to go through the "Forgot Password" thingy and change mine on the site and now it seems fine

Dragoshi1

Are you freakin' KIDDING me!?

Now, my PS3 slim(the first release one) gave me a blue screen with text mentioning corrupted information, and then it rebooted acting like it was factory reset! There's a star ( *) next to all of the profiles, and it refuses to connect to my router, even though I'm inputting in all the correct information!

What the HELL.

-Digits-

Just happened to me, can't reset my password as it says my birth-date info is incorrect (its not)

I can't even reset my password now. It says my birthday is wrong, when it's not.

I can't sign in, I can't change my password because it tells me my e-mail/date-of-birth are wrong (they aren't), and the live chat is too busy to offer me support. This is ridiculous.

Same here. I'm sure I didn't lie about my date of birth but it keeps telling me the enteree information is wrong.

Edit: d'oh. I swapped day and month around when signing up. Silly me.

Iacobellis

I tried to login on my PS4 and was prompted to change my password. Checked the link in my email and got my account working again within minutes.

Wonder why Sony is doing these password checks so frequently?

Hmm, I changed my password about two weeks ago (I do this every six months or so with all my passwords) and logged into PSN with no problems last night. I haven't gotten any emails or anything but I guess I should check again.

Edit- I can use the iOS Playstation app and I log in just fine. Away from my Vita at the moment, will check that later.

todd360

It was very irresponsible of them not to send notification mails. I freaked out for a minute.

Sony go to your room! I'm giving you a timeout!

*Calls friend*

Sony has been up to no good lately so I gave him a timeout

Oh really? Nintendo has just been sitting in his room trying to figure out the Internet.

I'm so jealous. Nintendo is such a good kid.

Is the PS Store down completely? I've tried both the US and EU store on my PS4, PS3 and on the PC but I can't get in at all.

Ogawa-san

It was down for me about an hour ago but it's back up now. US PSN account and store.

Had to reset my password today too, everything's working fine now on PC/PS3/Vita.

Derrick01

Banned
What the heck? There is no problem with my internet connection or anything, so what can the problem be?

I frequently can't get into the PS4 store because it just loads into a blank blue screen. That's been going on pretty much the entire time I've had my PS4.

edit: It's doing it right now too.

I frequently can't get into the PS4 store because it just loads into a blank blue screen. That's been going on pretty much the entire time I've had my PS4.

edit: It's doing it right now too.

On my PS4 I can access the store but I don't see anything, like pictures etc. I can just highlight the categories on the left. However on my PS3 it says an error has occured and it goes back to XMB. On PC it says webpage not available.. Everything was working fine yesterday.

Edit: As mentioned this happens to both the US store and the EU (Norwegian) store.

Jonnax

Happened to me a few days ago. My Date of Birth wouldn't work so I had to call them up and after a while they just gave me an email address to send a photo of my drivers licence to.

So far I got an email saying that SEN has received it and my case is being transferred to PSN. I'm kinda annoyed because I was hoping to pick up Metal Gear Rising from Playstation Plus before it leaves on the 27th.

I noticed I couldn't log in either, said wrong password. I quickly reset my password, and it worked it again. Maybe I caught in time, didn't see any transaction on my bank account. I never played FIFA games though.

yaffi

Good thing I wrote down all my data somewhere, so resetting my password wasn't a problem. And everything's working fine again now.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Yes this happened to me yesterday, and I fixed it by reseting my password. Sucks that Sony didn't send us any email regarding a sudden password reset.

test_account

XP-39C²
Nope , nothing.
Did you write in the correct date of birth (in case you signed up with a fake one)? I signed up with a fake one, and i didnt remember what i wrote in to begin with. Then i wasnt able to request a password reset. Luckily i found out what my fake date of birth was, then i could request a password reset.

Top Bottom