• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure confirmed for the Xbox Live Arcade

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.destructoid.com/yup-sonic-adventure-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade-165211.phtml

As if the leaked screenshots hadn't already confirmed it, it does indeed appear that the still-unannounced Xbox LIVE Arcade port of Sega's Sonic Adventure is headed our way.

Destructoid reader Damon sent along word that the XBLA version of the title was recently reviewed in the latest issue of the UK magazine, 360 Gamer. According to the review, the game is a "no frills" port of the main game featured in Sonic Adventure DX, the enhanced GameCube update of the original title.

The reviewer was mostly unimpressed by the port of the game that originally appeared on the Dreamcast back in 1998, saying it "really hasn't aged well."

"It's not all bad," writes reviewer Mark Podd, who gave the game a 5 out of 10, "but if your idea of a decent Sonic game is watching the Blue Spiky One charging across a 2D landscape, you'd be best advised to give this one a miss."

The review's details list a "to be confirmed" price and release for the XBLA title, which has yet to be announced by Sega at the time the magazine hit newsstands.

[Thanks, Damon!]

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
11bn1a9.gif

more Dreamcast gaems

Ten-Song

Still that shitty no wide screen nothing upped in terms of resolution messy Backbone looking port? Yeah, screw that.

abombb

Banned
One of my favorite Dreamcast games, definitely excited if there's online play for the versus component in the game.

dock

For the uninitiated, what differences are there between Sonic Adventure and SA DX?
It's probably based on the PC Sonic Adventure DX, which could probably have widescreen hacked into it.

abombb

Banned
Orbitcube said:
Might want to read the OP.
I know its the ported version, but I played it when it came out and was one of the few that fairly enjoyed it. Contrary to the majority of reviews when the game came out impressions, that game aged well for me.

fernoca

Orbitcube said:
Might want to read the OP.
To be fair, the OP (and the linked article which was copy-pasted in the OP)..basically don't say anything other that:
-Seems like nothing was added.
-It hasn't aged well
-People expecting a 2D Sonic would be dissapointed.
-Is not all bad.
Heck I could say the same things by just looking at the leaked pictures. :p

Peff

For the uninitiated, what differences are there between Sonic Adventure and SA DX?

A "Mission Mode" which adds a good number of extra missions in the hubs and levels (collect this balloon, collect x rings, etc), a skin of Metal Sonic as a playable character, six old 8-bit games, updated models and graphics (though the PC version was missing some water effects), glitches are fixed, though some are also added :lol and that's about it. Keep in mind that the leaks had a "Sonic Adventure Extra pack" or something like that, which is highly likely the extra content.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I will get this day 1 no questions asked.

Sonic Adventure holds a special place in my gaming heart.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SwiftSketcher said:
I hope it hits PSN too. Still one of my favorite Sonic games, DON' CARE WA NO ONE SEZ.

The rumor thread did have Sonic Adventure pegged for the PSN as well.

abombb

Banned
Peff said:
A "Mission Mode" which adds a good number of extra missions in the hubs and levels (collect this balloon, collect x rings, etc), a skin of Metal Sonic as a playable character, six old 8-bit games, updated models and graphics (though the PC version was missing some water effects), glitches are fixed, though some are also added :lol and that's about it. Keep in mind that the leaks had a "Sonic Adventure Extra pack" or something like that, which is highly likely the extra content.
Includes extra Chao Raising Minigames as well:D

goldenpp72 said:
They couldn't even 60 fps and widescreen it? :(

It's like you haven't been following Sega for the last 8 years or so. Just be happy that it seems to be all of Sonic Adventure and that they weren't feeling lazy about things.

goldenpp72

Freedom = $1.05 said:
It's like you haven't been following Sega for the last 8 years or so. Just be happy that it seems to be all of Sonic Adventure and that they weren't feeling lazy about things.

It sucks because I like SA a lot and might still buy it despite it all, but i want to send a message to.. mostly because I REALLY REALLY would like a spruced up SA2 port, removing pop in, adding widescreen and online would be really cool :(

Surgeon Rocket said:
11bn1a9.gif

more Dreamcast gaems

LOL!!!

I'm not jumping in yet. Still loves me PS3, shit, I don't have all this money to spend! But throw it on Playstation Network, and I'll laugh and play it on my Gamecube instead!

Polari

Dreamcast nostalgia trip FUCK YEAH. Now let's get Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5 and Shenmue on this thing. Seaman for Natal would be pretty rad too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, Sega. If you just tried, even a little bit, I'd totally be on board for this.
Maybe the game hasn't aged that well but it would be worth it just for the Dreamcast nostalgia, but fuckin 640x480 an unstable framerate is just unacceptable.

Chu Chu Rocket HD would probably be the greatest thing ever...
How could that NOT be a perfect fit for the Live Arcade?

Chao

FullMetal said:
So, its a port of a port? Really?

I've heard SA for the Dreamcast wasn't even completed in order to be available at launch.

That would be Sonic 2006, but yeah sounds like it would work for Sonic Adventure too.

Will they ever take some time to make their games or are they going to rush them forever?

Top Bottom