• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations Announced [PS3 / XBOX 360 / PC / 3DS] - No Wii Version Official

Dark Schala said:
Play-Asia changed my order status for the Sonic 1&2 soundtrack to "Preparing Order"! Weeee! I'm so excited. :D
CD Japan shipped mine yesterday morning, can't wait until it arrives.

SolidSnakex said:
j7Qv9.jpg
Shame it's already been released and completely sold out, I wouldn't have minded picking one up if an import site listed it.

G0523

Does anyone know of any good deals for this game?

I know GameStop is including a free DLC pinball stage with an avatar item and background theme and Toys R Us (and Amazon, I guess) had a very temporary sale where it was $37.99 but that's long gone.

But are there any ACTUAL deals?

G0523 said:
Does anyone know of any good deals for this game?

I know GameStop is including a free DLC pinball stage with an avatar item and background theme and Toys R Us (and Amazon, I guess) had a very temporary sale where it was $37.99 but that's long gone.

But are there any ACTUAL deals?

As it's been repeated over and over, you can preorder the PC version for just about $20 right now if you get it from Green Man Gaming, or if you wait until it's announced for Steam, you can get a bunch of free Sega Steam games for under $30.

Otherwise, console version, we're not going to know for probably another week or two about any launch time sales. Watching Amazon is your best bet.

qq more

Demo is out in XBLA now according to Retro's thread. Don't know if it's in the US, EU or both regions. You need Gold either way though. :\

*waits for the PSN demo*

G0523 said:
I have Gold and I haven't seen any demo whatsoever. Just wait till tomorrow.

No, it's definitely up, at least for the US, I'm downloading it now.

It showed up as fourth on the list for some reason, and it was just added a little bit ago, so you might have overlooked it.

NOOO OMOCHARLES GET OUT OF MY HEAD

X button spindash is still superfast.

God Omochao is literally in the way everywhere. I know it's because of the demo, and I think you can turn him off in the final game, but this isn't going to get replayed nearly as much because of him.

Aww, I can still do this glitch.

Teknoman

Greektown said:
man the graphics are mediocre. i need some 60 fps action. Gameplay is basic but solid, and not glitchy :)
Might be better if it was 60fps, but 30fps locked plus really detailed graphics isn't what i'd call mediocre.

G0523

Kulock said:
No, it's definitely up, at least for the US, I'm downloading it now.

It showed up as fourth on the list for some reason, and it was just added a little bit ago, so you might have overlooked it.
Oh. Must've just gotten up. I've had my Xbox 360 on practically all day and couldn't find it. I'll check it out now.

TimmiT

Greektown said:
man the graphics are mediocre. i need some 60 fps action. Gameplay is basic but solid, and not glitchy :)
Get the PC version, 60fps at 1080p.
I wish I could play it like that on my laptop.

xprs22 said:

Taken from YouTube comment:

0:14 Green Hill
0:33 Chemical Plant
1:08 Sky Sanctuary
1:47 Speed Highway
2:29 City Escape
3:38 Seaside Hill
4:33 Crisis City
5:22 Rooftop Run
6:20 Planet Wisp
7:01 Soinic 1 theme

So that was the Classic version of Crisis City in the Modern Era trailer! MMMMM, that Planet Wisp...

EDIT: Looks like in the Extra Missions you can
call certain characters from the game to help you, essentially just as powerups and not actually playable (Taken from Sonic Retro):

In levels with Tails, you press the Y button to call him to you, similar to how the elemental shields were shown with Y in that one screenshot. It’s likely all those little powerup icons we saw are things you can use with Y.

You can call Espio in a fashion similar to Tails. He has a grappling hook.

There’s also the ability to call Vector. He throws you to locations.

A team-up mission with Amy is included; she gives you the hammer jump.

There’s a team-up mission with Cream in a level with no rings. The only way to get rings is to call on Cream to throw you some.

There’s a treasure hunt for buried metals. You call Knuckles, who digs into the the ground for you.

Rouge team-up: heavily armored robots block you–call on Rouge to take them out.

Blaze team-up: the level has walls of flame which Blaze can extinguish.

Charmy team-up: …he can make a vortex at your feet. What?

You can view the rest here.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks like it's up on Steam. £19.99 for the UK version.

I'll buy and download it later on tonight.

Skilletor

The game is telling me there are challenges available in Green Hill Zone. How do I know what the challenges are or how do I activate them?

Edit: NM, I'm dumb.

McNum

So I've been playing the PC version and apart from something odd in Chemical Plant Act 1, the game runs pretty well. I'm running a AMD 5770 graphics card, and after setting shadows to low and disabling AA, it runs pretty well.

The keyboard controls, though... I get the feeling that Sega just let an actual hedgehog walk across the keys when they assigned those. Plus you can't assign anything to Shift, Control or Alt either. Ah, well, I bought an Xbox 360 controller, I've got enough consle-ish PC games to warrant a proper console controller now. The game plays so much better with a controller.

EDIT: Ah, darn it. Wrong thread. I thought this was the OT.

Top Bottom