• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations CITY ESCAPE Trailer

ShadiWulf

http://www.sega.com/games/?g=7281&v=3752

Youtube Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7GQ91VPNU

Whooo!!

screens:

5KmXx.jpg

1RAe9.jpg

PFnvD.jpg

QY83g.jpg

a4ypz.jpg

oJ0sC.jpg

kXXlL.jpg

n8aLY.jpg

ssgSw.jpg

d4mt6.jpg

I don't see anything new SHADIWULF WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS

EDIT: Oh man, it's forcing me to look at the UK site which doesn't have it uploaded yet. Somebody know a way around this?

clav

No. Just no.

Why not Metal Harbor?

edit: It looks nice, but did SEGA even poll the fans for what levels they wanted for Sonic Generations? City Escape was low on my list.

ShadiWulf

Astrosanity said:
I don't see anything new SHADIWULF WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS

EDIT: Oh man, it's forcing me to look at the UK site which doesn't have it uploaded yet. Somebody know a way around this?
go to the upper corner, switch to the US flag

ShadiWulf said:
go to the upper corner, switch to the US flag
Groovy, thanks a ton. Trailer looks nice! Really like how they worked on the truck for Classic Sonic, and it looks a lot more bright and colorful than the original stage did.

EDIT: And oh hey, there's
Spagonia
for a split second at the end.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Gotta sadly admit, since SA2B was my first major intro to Sonic, and it's one of my most played games ever, seeing City Escape imagined kinda got to me ;_;
maybe not to tears, but still brings back good memories

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Hooooly shit

Looks like Spagonia's going to be the Unleashed level judging from those last few seconds.
It's only city escape.

I doubt they'd do rooftop run for unleashed just because it's so thematically similar.

Aaron Strife said:
It's only city escape.

I doubt they'd do rooftop run for unleashed just because it's so thematically similar.
I'm almost certain that's Rooftop Run at the end.

The snowboard powerup for Classic Sonic reminds me of the snowboard from Triple Trouble, come to think of it.

gwiz210

Jun Senoue already confirmed that the song is in the final version of the game.
Cool your shit people, they just put in MCR for promotion purposes.

Modern Sonic's later sequence with the circular platforms reminds me pretty blatantly of a spot in Dragon Road in Unleashed, and the layout of Unleashed more than Colors. Not sure if want.

Skateboard Classic Sonic was cute, did remind me of the Rocket Shoes enough not to cringe. Picking the instrumental version of a song that starts out "Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs" was an odd choice, though.

NTom64

Fuck yes, looks amazing!

Really glad they've managed to make Dreamcast/Modern levels work in 2D. Can't wait to see what the rest of the game looks like (and to hear the new version of Escape from the City, of course).

marcurius

Looks pretty good, though it looks like classic Sonics jump could be a bit higher?

Pretty strange that I haven't played a Sonic game (other than the demo of Unleashed and trying out one of the GBA games very briefly) since Sonic & Knuckles, considering how much I loved the Mega Drive games when I was younger and still do.

daffy

Banned
Follow me, set me free
Trust me and we will escape from the city

I'll make it through proving to you, follow meeeee

oh yeah

Top Bottom