• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World is going to be the darkest Sonic game yet

qq more

Of course it doesn't look dark at all, but considering Sonic's history, I'll expect the worst.

I'd only go for bomba price for a Sonic game even without these "news".

The franchise has long moved away from that direction ever since Sonic 06 bombed though... and that was 7 years ago almost!

To be fair with you, I don't pay full price for Sonic games either.

These are dark times...

9397589993_6dfe0afe32_b.jpg

Even darker than guns (Shadow) and bestiality (2006)?

I never got the bestiality thing. It was just one kiss, a very play out trope of magical girl bring someone from the death with an expression of love. (a kiss, a tear drop).

Sure the sexual tension between Sonic and Elize got downright uncomfortable at the time but the kiss never felt dirty to me.

Piers

The villains are rather blunt in dialogue but I wouldn't say this game is anything dark, especially against SA2/Shadow/2006.

pants

Always the thing with Sonic, great leaps forward in Colors and Generations ... 100000000000000000 paces back to satisfy some marketing wanker.

RangerX

Banned
I'm not sure that kind of dialogue fits into a sonic game. Honestly i preferred it when there was no dialogue whatsoever.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think I was more surprised at the end of Sonic Unleashed, when the final boss upon defeat starts oozing and spurting out gratuitous amounts of green blood.

The game mostly seems like a children's story through most of it, with the Pixar-esque characters, the dialogue between Sonic and Chip, and a general lightheartedness, so the final boss just suddenly splurging blood everywhere seemed kind of out of place.

qq more

I think I was more surprised at the end of Sonic Unleashed, when the final boss upon defeat starts oozing and spurting out gratuitous amounts of green blood.

The game mostly seems like a children's story through most of it, with the Pixar-esque characters, the dialogue between Sonic and Chip, and a general lightheartedness, so the final boss just suddenly splurging blood everywhere seemed kind of out of place.

Kirby Dreamland 3 took it to another level.

Boosting to win bottomless pit bullshit? If the game is so simple that you win by boosting, why do you care for bottomless pits? I can't stand the crybabys that always show up in Sonic threads complaining that the games played themselves, only to complain about being killed by bottomless pits. If you were playing well you wouldn't even fall into the pits to begin with and I can tell you, Sonic Rush is definitely not an easy game to S-rank.

The game just isn't fun, it's practically based around the boosting mechanic alongside a sprinkle of cheap bottomless pits placed for the sake of it.

By no means am I claiming that the Sonic series sucks, hell it's one of my favorite gaming series. I'm just claiming that Sonic Rush is a poorly designed game that isn't fun to play. But sure, take it as me ripping on the series as a whole. There's just no denying that Dimps at one point had an obsession with bottomless pits (Advance games also suffer from this badly) and holding right (Advance 2 and Rush instantly come to mind).

MrT-Tar

This is probably just standard Saturday morning cartoon stuff, but in theory I guess it could be like Pokemon; ie much darker when you realise it is all about children capturing wild animals and forcing them into cockfights with other 'trainers' and essentially terrorist organisations.

Top Bottom