• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

Sacul64

Banned
Am I the only one curious about exploring the world beneath these floating structures? It looks so inviting and appealing down there, such vast open plains, like a playground ready to be explored.

I Know that's why I tried to take screen shots that showed areas like that.

I've been thinking about it since we saw the first picture... Sadly, I know we won't be able to.

We will be able to go there, heck there is likely a red ring down there.

iavi

Am I the only one curious about exploring the world beneath these floating structures? It looks so inviting and appealing down there, such vast open plains, like a playground ready to be explored.

Looks like Never Lake

CPfrdZi.jpg

Tailzo

Yeah, the animation is great.

I also really like the graphic-style and the colors. With this style, I don't think the game would need a more powerful hardware. Unless it is 30fps.

I Know that's why I tried to take screen shots that showed areas like that.

We will be able to go there, heck there is likely a red ring down there.
I've been thinking about it since we saw the first picture... Sadly, I know we won't be able to.
Getting to explore an area like that would seriously be my dream Sonic game. I hope their X1/PS4 project is closer to this direction...

I remember how hyped I got when I first saw this :/

Multiplayer racing

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS

HYPE
SONIC WIND!
DISAPPEAR!
SONIC WIND!
SONIC WIND!
DISAPPEAR!

my friends and I would play the fuck out of this for hours, so good

SONIC WIND!
DISAPPEAR!
SONIC WIND!
SONIC WIND!
DISAPPEAR!

my friends and I would play the fuck out of this for hours, so good

YEAH!
Just wait a minute!
YEAH!
Just wait a minute!
YEAH!
Just wait a minute!
*finishes before the opponent even gets a quarter of the way through the level*

;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The German press-release has been issued, the most interesting part being that it says that all three of the Wii-U exclusive Sonic games will be coming out this year. Makes it sound quite plausible we'll hear about the third Sonic game announcement at E3.

Mark1

I loved the multiplayer in SA2! Me, my brothers and friends had a blast playing this years ago. Hope we can choose different characters instead of reskinned Sonics, but I'm doubtful after hearing Sonic is the only playable character.

AniHawk

The German press-release has been issued, the most interesting part being that it says that all three of the Wii-U exclusive Sonic games will be coming out this year. Makes it sound quite plausible we'll hear about the third Sonic game announcement at E3.

i think it's either a racing game, the fabled mario/sonic platformer, or something unexpected like sonic shuffle 2, or a sonic ultra collection.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Mario & Sonic is out in 2014, IIRC. So, maybe they talk about Fiscal Year.

Dusk Golem

My guess is that it might be a digital title.

Original Press release:
"Heute enthüllten sie weitere Details zum zweiten von insgesamt drei Titeln, die die beiden Videospielunternehmen exklusiv für Wii U und Nintendo 3DS herausbringen werden.

Ale drei Spiele erscheinen noch in diesem Jahr."

Translated:
"Today, they (Sega) revealed further details of the second of three titles, which the two companies will release exclusively on Wii U and 3DS. All three games will be released this year."

Taken from here.

Taker666

That really does make it seem like the hinted Sonic vs Mario Kart game is a reality (i'm not sure if that's wise in Japan..Sonic would likely harm sales).

I'm surprised all the games are this year to be honest (especially if Mario 3D is this year as well).

It's nice to have them but you'd think for the sake of software sales they'd hold at least one until 1st quarter 2014.

NotLiquid

I doubt it's Mario & Sonic Kart. The rumor was created out of a twisted narrative, there's really not much to suggest that they're actually working on that kind of game.

Most likely it's a digital title or something completely different.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Wii U needs all the games it can gets this holiday. It's somehow now or never. Plus, I guess both Nintendo and Sega want to see how beneficial is this agreement. Might be a long friendship if things go well.

I'm surprised all the games are this year to be honest (especially if Mario 3D is this year as well).

Maybe Nintendo's stuff wasn't where they needed it to be, so they set up this deal with Sega to create some buffer room for their own titles. Allow them to push 3D Mario/Mario Kart back but still fill the platformer/karting gap left by the delay.

Mark1

Maybe Nintendo's stuff wasn't where they needed it to be, so they set up this deal with Sega to create some buffer room for their own titles. Allow them to push 3D Mario/Mario Kart back but still fill the platformer/karting gap left by the delay.
I hope not, I think Nintendo need to release these titles this year to increase interest and to make up for a lack of titles do far. If they want to perfect the games fair enough.

I also want Mario 3D to be released this year

I'd be very worried about the quality if all 3 are set to release before the end of the year (or heck, even fiscal year). The only "good" way that could turn out is if Nintendo just money hatted multi plat titles to be exclusives, but even then that means they'll be likely just ports of existing games, and we've all seen how well ports of games have turned out for the Wii U.

tajd

Banned
I'd be very worried about the quality if all 3 are set to release before the end of the year (or heck, even fiscal year). The only "good" way that could turn out is if Nintendo just money hatted multi plat titles to be exclusives, but even then that means they'll be likely just ports of existing games, and we've all seen how well ports of games have turned out for the Wii U.

remeber that a sonic game hasent been realesed in 2 years so theyve been clearly working :) i wonder what the 3rd game is

Smellycat

Have you seen the new Olympics game?? The framerate is horrible, so it looks like some sacrifices were done there.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Have you seen the new Olympics game?? The framerate is horrible, so it looks like some sacrifices were done there.

If the sacrifices are just being made on the Olympics game I'm fine with that. Imo this game can suck as much as they want it to suck, I'm not buying it anyway :).

Dusk Golem

I think the frame rate will be improved in the Olympics title, but we shall see.

Anyways, these games have at least been in development for a year and a half, if not longer, and they have more development time ahead so not too concerned. Mario & Sonic isn't handled by the people who make the regular Sonic games anyway, they're a sports division of SEGA.

Mr Swine

Banned
I wonder if Sega is planning PS4/Xbone Sonic games for next year..

Some sonic fans are really happy that this deal is short lol. But I think it would eventually be better if Sega stayed with Nintendo to release the Sonic games since they have last gen sold most on Ninty platforms.

weird_legs.png

Huh. Well, that's not good. lol

Some sonic fans are really happy that this deal is short lol. But I think it would eventually be better if Sega stayed with Nintendo to release the Sonic games since they have last gen sold most on Ninty platforms.

I'd be fine with Sega/Nintendo partnership forever. Sonic is a good fit for Nintendo.

Gagaman

Not necessarily happy, just curious why such a deal is so short, considering how well Sonic sells on Nintendo platforms. Like they just wanna get it out of the way quickly.

Meelow

Banned
Not necessarily happy, just curious why such a deal is so short, considering how well Sonic sells on Nintendo platforms. Like they just wanna get it out of the way quickly.

Possible all 3 games can be done development soon, or they want to see how well the sales will be.

Top Bottom