• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic movie redesign leaked

Skyfox

Looks good imo

F0Fe3pn.jpg

-:UPDATE:-

Second new image with Sonic from the front

ATzEdaD.jpg

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ahhh... I can’t say for sure but that certainly looks about 500% better. Still the wrong colour arms, but I’m willing to forgive them on that one. The eyes are better, the face is better, and he looks like he has actual gloves now which is better.

It’s still odd they haven’t shown anything at all about this since the last trailer. It’s out soon, you would think they would start promoting these changes early after that balls up.

Zephir

Looks better...he's very short, classic sonic style, but with modern sonic features, like the green eyes.

As a Sonic fan, I still hope this will be better than the usual "animated 3D character in a real world", like Alvin & the Chipmunks, Smurfs, Yogi Bear, Woody Woodpecker, etc...but heh, probably asking too much...

At least Jim Carrey will be fun without a doubt

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Almost perfect. Why it wasn't close to that to begin with is beyond me.

GreyHorace

Looks much better. Still think the movie will stink as the trailer didn't give me much confidence in it's quality. Even a better design won't save a subpar story. This year's Detective Pikachu at least had Ryan Reynolds charming performance plus the great live action translation of pokemon to make up for the pedestrian plot.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Wishful thinking but i hope they have the original version as a special feature on the blu ray release or something. I’m here for the freak show.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
if they continue lowering the resolution then it will look 1:1 like Genesis Sonic

maybe this is the plan all along. the first 240p mainstream film!

The eyes look better but I want to see it in motion, specifically for the facial expressions.

If they can modernize Charlie Brown and The Grinch for CGI, how on flat-earth are they having so much trouble getting Sonic to look right?

levyjl1988

Banned
I got no problem with the arms. Now that you mentioned it I had to look at previous Sonic to see if his arms were blue.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Looks ok, but I'm a person that didn't like that much the real-life Pokémon, so... I'm ok

Fbh

Definitely looks much better. Really have to wonder who thought going with the original design over this was a good idea.

Gargus

Banned
This is still going to suck.

I lost my last bit of interest when they changed the design because people got upset. As soon as someone starts making big changes in a movie because of the public that tells me they have no backbone or creative integrity. It tells me they are .making a movie and just trying to appeal to the public instead of making the movie they want to. I don't like sellouts and flip floppers. Sure sonic before might have been a turd, but at least have the balls to stand by your turd.

Top Bottom