• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic movie redesign leaked

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Fuck the haters, I'm unironically all in.

When has Jim Carrey been in a shitty movie?

When has Sonic ever been in a shitty game or any form of media, really?

New design shows the love and care the filmmakers have for this iconic character and what motivates him.

All systems go bitches.

FMXVII

Fuck the haters, I'm unironically all in.

When has Jim Carrey been in a shitty movie?

When has Sonic ever been in a shitty game or any form of media, really?

New design shows the love and care the filmmakers have for this iconic character and what motivates him.

All systems go bitches.

Jim Carrey?

Um...

Kickass 2? Yes Man?

Sonic?

Um...

Everything after "and Knuckles"?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Jim Carrey?

Um...

Kickass 2? Yes Man?

Sonic?

Um...

giphy.gif

FMXVII

The point of making an ironic comment, is to not draw obvious attention to the attempt.

Prefacing your intended irony with the declaration of your post being "unironic" depletes it of any and all mettle that might otherwise serve to steel it.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
To be fair dude you opened by saying you were being unironic and sarcasm really wasn't very easy to detect in the rest. Though I felt you must be trolling with that part where you said there had never been a bad Sonic game. :messenger_tears_of_joy: BUT! there are people who do literally believe that, so you never know.

Nvzman

Jim Carrey?

Um...

Kickass 2? Yes Man?

Sonic?

Um...

Not only did you completely miss the joke, you couldn't even answer it correctly.

Not all the 3D Sonic games were shit lol, mediocre is a bit better of a word but Adventure 1, Colors, and Generations are all perfectly good games, I'd throw in Unleashed too but that one's a bit more polarizing. Also the obligitory Mania mention

Last edited:

FMXVII

To be fair dude you opened by saying you were being unironic and sarcasm really wasn't very easy to detect in the rest. Though I felt you must be trolling with that part where you said there had never been a bad Sonic game. :messenger_tears_of_joy: BUT! there are people who do literally believe that, so you never know.

And some of them aren't even Furries.

Crazy, I know.

Just not Furry-crazy.

FMXVII

Not only did you completely miss the joke, you couldn't even answer it correctly.

Not all the 3D Sonic games were shit lol, mediocre is a bit better of a word but Adventure 1, Colors, and Generations are all perfectly good games, I'd throw in Unleashed too but that one's a bit more polarizing. Also the obligitory Mania mention

The joke was a fail once you inserted "unironically" into your post.

HOWEVER, considering that you took my comment about good Sonic games literally... I am starting to see a trend emerge.

Last edited:

Nvzman

The joke was a fail once you inserted "unironically" into your post.

HOWEVER, considering that you took my comment about good Sonic games literally... I am starting to see a trend emerge.
you responded to the wrong poster :messenger_beaming:, I'm not the one who made the original post lol, just joining in.

Last edited:

Nvzman

When I see multiple attempts at saves from such obvious fails by "different posters", I automatically assume Alts.

;)
If you couldn't even muster the ability to click on a supposed "alts" profile to see that it's an account on this website from 2013, you really shouldn't be in a position to be a passive-aggressive twat because you couldn't understand a post that was clearly sarcasm. I'm not continuing a slap fight, but if you need to have the last word go ahead.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
If you couldn't even muster the ability to click on a supposed "alts" profile to see that it's an account on this website from 2013, you really shouldn't be in a position to be a passive-aggressive twat because you couldn't understand a post that was clearly sarcasm. I'm not continuing a slap fight, but if you need to have the last word go ahead.

hey, other me, shut up before we get found out over my joke that didn’t land.

Sincerely

-You

FMXVII

So you lost, then?

Cool.

It was obvious to everyone.

And you're simply not important enough for me to click on your join date.

You barely rank as a means to pass a moment of boredom whilst Borderlands 3 barfs out another cutscene.

...which just ended.

Ciao for now, Sanic-fan.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Was it really that hard to get it like this the first time? I don't get it. Why would they have ever approved the first design.
Whoever researched Sonic for the movie probably looked into the fanbase and saw the furry bullshit as the most active part, and thought that's what actual Sonic fans wanted.

kdubbtha1

Neo Member
This gone be hilarious. All the nerds mad cause of the new Sonic look, they change the look to a relatable Sonic, and the plot/movie still TRASH....

nkarafo

It's much better than the previous one.

They did a good job listening to the backlash and fixing their mistake.

IMO, he now looks better in this pic than the official Sonic, after the edgy Sonic Adventure redesign.

Still not for me though but i'll be happy if the movie gets success.

It looks like a guy in a furry costume.

New version is much improved.

Probably done for easy motion capture.

The new Sonic render looks more like the Sonic that people want to see. But in a way, I will miss the controversy around the previous design. This is probably for the better though, as Sonic does have a shockingly huge fanbase. If this one becomes a hit, I can see Paramount Pictures making sequels based on this, in the same way they continued to sequalize the Transformers franchise. I would imagine that there will also be a lot of merchandise based on this movie as well.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is such an odd position to be in... I both want the classic, awesome design (which it is now, not the new design where he’s a lanky piece streak of piss)...

But I also would love to see the mess that the film was going to be.

Either way this film is going to make bank I’m sure. I won’t be seeing it in the cinema but I’ll for sure watch it when I can, even if just for Ace Ventura.

HUELEN10

I can't really comment on this until I know how HUELEN10 HUELEN10 feels about the design.
Not my favorite, but could be worse. Aside from blue arms, the bigger problem is still there: Sonic looks like an animal or an alien.

He's a toon. Let him look like a toon. Max G nailed it in that vid he made a while back.

Generic

The first pic is good but the second one looks bizarre. He clashes too much against the real actor.

They should've made a full CG movie, Sonic design is too extreme to work in live action.

Whitecrow

Banned
Wow that actually look pretty amazing I must say.

They nailed the united eyeballs.

And even the mouth is waaaaaaay better than any of modern official artwork.

Last edited:
Top Bottom