• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic R Original Soundtrack now available digitally (iTunes/Amazon, $9.99/£7.99)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/06...ailable-on-itunes-and-amazon-music-worldwide/

The greatest video game soundtrack ever is now on iTunes and Amazon MP3. Consult this thread if you are unfamiliar with its majesty. I'm surprised it's only being made available now, but I'm sure glad SEGA did the right thing and gave the world a little more sunshine to feel.

Track Listing

1. Title Screen - 0:45
2. Options Screen - 0:55
3. Start Fanfare - 0:08
4. Resort Island: Can You Feel the Sunshine? - 5:03
5. Radical City: Living In the City - 4:47
6. Regal Ruin : Back In Time - 4:31
7. Reactive Factory: Work It Out - 4:36
8. Radiant Emerald: Diamond In the Sky - 4:54
9. Super Sonic Racing - 4:01
10. End Fanfare - 0:10
11. Number One - 3:58
12. Can You Feel the Sunshine? (Instrumental) - 4:31
13. Living In the City (Instrumental) - 4:00
14. Back In Time (Instrumental) - 4:30
15. Work It Out (Instrumental) - 4:34
16. Diamond In the Sky (Instrumental) - 4:19
17. Super Sonic Racing (Instrumental) - 3:30

Amazon: US, UK
iTunes: US, UK

Anyone who doesn't appreciate this soundtrack is insane. I can't NOT dance to Work It Out. I don't even know how to dance!

Number One has to be my favorite track. It just screams of early 90s Pop/R&B. I could so imagine that song being played on the radio back in the day.

Hmm.

£8 is outside of "worth it for laughs" range, but £0.79 for each of tracks 4-9 is tempting (Why would anyone want to waste time/money on the instrumental versions of THE GREATEST soundtrack?!?)

TRYIN' TA KEEP YOUR FEET RIGHT ON THE GROUNDDDDDD

SgtCobra

So many things that we've been through, can you feel it?
So many things for us do to, but can you feel it?
So many faces all around
So many places to be found
Living in a city where nothing gets you downnnnnnnn

CAN YOU FEEL IT

HUELEN10

Is this what you want? Heck no! This is the real deal, the one you want. This is the release that had the awesome "Work It Out <Red Raw Mix>" and "Super Sonic Racing <X-Tra Club Mix>". This new release, and this is a new release, is just a PC Redbook rip, missing 3 songs, in different order.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with this gimped release.

volcarona

CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE?
DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY?
DON'T YOU FEEL THAT SOMETIMES
YOU JUST SHOULD STOP MAKING GAMES?

Hmm.

£8 is outside of "worth it for laughs" range, but £0.79 for each of tracks 4-9 is tempting (Why would anyone want to waste time/money on the instrumental versions of THE GREATEST soundtrack?!?)

Yeah, you only really want the songs. Game soundtracks make me laugh when they include 3 second jingles and such.

faridmon

Hmm.

wat?

That is the standard pricing for music in UK, unless you are buying those heavily discounted mainstream pop & rock acts.

Neo Child

Banned
sonic r gaf is strong

eeeveerybody

eeeeveeeeerybooodyyy

EEVVERRRYYBODDDY

EEEVVEERRRRYYYBBODDDYYY!"!!

EEEVVEERRRRYYYBBODDDYYY!"!!

MrBadger

Huge co-incidence for me considering I booted up Sonic R (don't ask why. I actually ended up liking it once I got the hang of using the shoulder buttons to drift) just the other day and decided to see if the soundtrack was in itunes.

Also, I think it's funny how the soundtrack is almost twice as much as I paid for this game itself on PC back in the day. Clearly Sega have their priorities straight.

Oh god, even back then I was confused as all hell by this soundtrack as a kid. A bunch of cheesy early 90's pop ballads that felt completely out of place!

"Livin' In The City" is bloody catchy though.

Used to listen to the Redbook tracks on my Saturn disc all the time.

I remember Tails' running sound would sync up really well with Livin' in the City.

Top Bottom