• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic R Original Soundtrack now available digitally (iTunes/Amazon, $9.99/£7.99)

Saikyo

CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE?
DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY?
DON'T YOU FEEL THAT SOMETIMES
YOU JUST SHOULD STOP MAKING GAMES?

e9Wjhv0.gif

Metal-Geo

Just bought this sucker on iTunes. Being automatically downloaded on everything connected to my iTunes account as we speak.

ALL I NEED IS YOU! FOR ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Remark

Banned
The soundtrack to Sonic R was too good.

I already have it ripped from the original Saturn disc but if I didn't I would probably buy tbh.

MrBadger

Sega needs to stop messing around with Shenmue 3 or whatever it is they're working on and give us the HD 60fps Sonic R Steam release with online multiplayer that we deserve.

Toad.T

Banned
SO TAKE ME BAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK IN TIIIIIIIMMMMMEEEE
TO ANOTHER WORLD
WHERE YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN BE MIIIIIINNNNNNEEEE
WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or I can stick my Original Saturn Disc in my PC and play it like a CD that has the full OST on it
I sometimes stick my PC version into my car's CD player & listen to the OST that way. Now I can feel the sunshine while driving around town or to college.

This soundtrack is so good, for such a bad game.

Livin in the City is the best song when you are driving through a big city.

mclem

I remember being delighted when I found out that Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing had Super Sonic Racing in it. To the extent of singing along loudly. Because you just can't not.

Sega needs to stop messing around with Shenmue 3 or whatever it is they're working on and give us the HD 60fps Sonic R Steam release with online multiplayer that we deserve.
I would buy that SO HARD, that I would break SEGA.
Why do people think this music is good? I will never understand it, to be honest.
Well, at the time, there were few, if ANY games to sound so good. And like many people in this thread have said, it perfectly encapsulates what 90's (euro)Pop was at the time. As for now, well, nostalgia, and they are still well composed, if a tad cheesy.

Richard Jacques (especially with his muse, TJ Davis) is a damn genius. Mis Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn version) and Metropolis Street Racer Soundtracks (also with TJ Davis on the vocal tracks) are great as well.

t_wilson01

"Living in the city..." I like the song, but wouldn't have it as background music for a game. The instrumental version is great.

Yoooou're the one that makes me feel so hiiiigh (just like a diamond in the sky)...

One of the greatest soundtracks ever across any medium, no joke. Richard Jacques is a monster.

Diamond in the Sky is so unfairly overlooked, too. Best track in the game.

MrBadger

Is there a way to play Sonic R other than the Saturn? Was it part of any compilation?

I owned it on PC, and it's also on Sonic Gems Collection along with Sonic CD and Sonic the Fighters. That's on Gamecube, so if you have a Wii lying around like most of us do, that's your best bet.

Cody_D165

Banned
Is there a way to play Sonic R other than the Saturn? Was it part of any compilation?

Sonic R had a PC release back in the day, it's actually slightly different than the Saturn version. It's also present on Sonic Gems Collection for the Gamecube (this version is the PC version because Saturn emulation is lolhard)

Be warned, if you've never played it before, the soundtrack is by far the best part of the game (and I mean that in the worst possible sense)... though I have a huge soft spot for the game.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Imagine the fun to be had if Sega held a official remix competition for Super Sonic Racing. We just need the acapella (it doesn't extract well from invert phasing the instrumental over the original track, I've tried it) then the song could be remixed into just about every genre there is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If this somehow ever gets re-released again, the game is just BEGGING for a Karaoke Mode like with Daytona USA's XBLA/PSN ports.

LordGouda

This is the perfect soundtrack to play God of War to.

I could totally bang Aphrodite to this:

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing, try to keep your feet right on the ground
When you're Super Sonic Racing there's no time to look around
We're just Super Sonic Racing, running to the point of no return
Everybody's Super Sonic Racing, come on let the fire burn

Don't you know that we really have to go
To a place where you can feel my heart just race

"Richard Jacques (especially with his muse, TJ Davis) is a damn genius."

Richard Jacques posted once (once) on GAF like 13 years ago. I might've marked the fuck out.

No remix versions? Did you guys know you can just plop the pc version in your cd player and it's the whole soundtrack in order?

Azure J

Reaffirms Your Life Tier:

Work It Out (Make It Real)
Livin' In The City
Number One

"Cannot listen to these without busting into a smile on a SEGA sky day" tier:

Can You Feel The Sunshine
Diamond In The Sky
Super Sonic Racing

Back In Time (but not a relic) Tier

Back In Time

"Richard Jacques (especially with his muse, TJ Davis) is a damn genius."

Richard Jacques posted once (once) on GAF like 13 years ago. I might've marked the fuck out.

I just went to UK Resistance and did a custom search for Richard Jacques - their love and obsession with the man is infectious and not creepy at all.

This man composed the Headhunter soundtrack. Is that on amazon/itunes yet?

Top Bottom