• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want any other characters in this rodeo but Sonic characters. Nothing but Sonic characters are acceptable. I'll even accept fan characters but they MUST be Sonic. NO EXCEPTIONS.

qq more

When you guys make the new OT... is it okay if you include the #SonicGAF irc link? :>??????????????????????????????? (Actually the better question is do you guys approve of the chat anyways?)

We don't want any other characters in this rodeo but Sonic characters. Nothing but Sonic characters are acceptable. I'll even accept fan characters but they MUST be Sonic. NO EXCEPTIONS.

PFqcm.gif

Christopher

I actually like the characters without all that garbage on them.

I'm going to get 180 emblems in this game, trust.

That DONT HIT THE WALLS challenge, my god.

Fully upgraded Knuckles in SA2 looks so pimp.
You know how there's like kids superhero toys where it will have say spiderman or batman covered in a bunch of unnecessary crap he'd never use? that's what this Knuckles looks like, I keep expecting to hear an enthusiastic fast talking sales pitch to pop up mid game "New from Sega it's wicked cool Hunter Form Knuckles, use the sunglasses to find the robots weakpoints and use the high intensity arm action to knock out Eggman once and for all!"

i will fight you
See, I said you were back to kick some buttocks.

That's okay, I'll just link the remix of "Nocturne" for you.

How could they ruin the chronicles original so much, it completely loses the tone and style of the minimalistic masterpiece.

You know how there's like kids superhero toys where it will have say spiderman or batman covered in a bunch of unnecessary crap he'd never use? that's what this Knuckles looks like, I keep expecting to hear an enthusiastic fast talking sales pitch to pop up mid game "New from Sega it's wicked cool Hunter Form Knuckles, use the sunglasses to find the robots weakpoints and use the high intensity arm action to knock out Eggman once and for all!"

New China Dress Rouge action figure, now with Kung fu Tits!...I mean Grip!

So next week is finals and I have a project to do for my computer class, which is make a powerpoint based on a comic book character. I asked teacher if it was ok if I could do a videogame character that had appearedin/ has his own comics, and he said it was ok, so of course I picked Sly Cooper Sonic the Hedgehog.

New China Dress Rouge action figure, now with Kung fu Tits!...I mean Grip!

Already on it.

Anth0ny

I've been played a buttload more games. Mario 3D Land, Ocarina 3D, Sleepy Dawgs, Sly Raccoon... I think the GAF stereotype of talking about games more than playing them is super true. :lol

It's absolutely true. I played a shit load of games during my recent 1 month vacation.

fucking gaf <3

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've been played a buttload more games. Mario 3D Land, Ocarina 3D, Sleepy Dawgs, Sly Raccoon... I think the GAF stereotype of talking about games more than playing them is super true. :lol

Shame it coincided with a significant increase in my work for uni. Hell, I'm supposed to be writing an essay right now. Procrastination is eternal, GAF or no GAF.
I work way better at night so I generally leave paper/report-writing for post-midnight/into the morning. Procrastination ends up with me churning out a better paper as long as someone quickly edits it in the morning before I print it off.

And I told you you'd play more games!
KuGsj.gif

No wonder half of GAF has huuuuuge backlogs.

Good luck with exams mate.
Thank you. I think I'm gonna need it on the "trying to get more than 1-3 hours of sleep" side of it. :/

Speaking of GC, I still need to get around to Thousand Year Door. Been sitting on a copy of that for about a year now and haven't played it yet.

I work way better at night so I generally leave paper/report-writing for post-midnight/into the morning. Procrastination ends up with me churning out a better paper as long as someone quickly edits it in the morning before I print it off.

And I told you you'd play more games!
KuGsj.gif

No wonder half of GAF has huuuuuge backlogs.

I normally work better at night too. Either late at night or first thing in the morning. One'll never catch me working in the day. Unfortunately, I don't have any editors at my beck and call. :p

And my backlog is fiiiiiine! I happened to get more games and then promptly finish them. I don't wanna end up like most of Gaming side, with never-ending Steam catalogues and naff-all playtime. I always aim to finish what I start, or at least play far enough to know I've had enough. I even completed inFamous 2 over the last month, and that's a game that's too long at only about 15 hours or so. The only real big thing in my backlog is Xenoblade Chronicles. I just can't be bothered to turn on my Wii. The length is daunting.

Oh, and it's a shame you turned down the mod job. Although I can see why you would.

Wtf, I unlock Metal Sonic for gettin all 180 emblems in SADX?

Yep, it's mostly a visual change but he does hover off the ground when you pick up speed, I think he's actually a tad slower.

I may not have SA2 Green Hill Zone but I got Metal Sonic and beat all the missions, YEAH!

BlackJace

Oh no no, I was just screwing around in the Chao Garden in SADX and got the last emblems I needed to complete the 180. I've owned the game for years now but I never got around to doing it.

Was not expecting ol' Metal. It's a nice change of pace.

clemenx

Banned
I guess this is the right place to post this. I've been listening to the Sonic Rush OST. So fucking good. I have the urge to replay it now.
My Favorite tune is this www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhq0IpvyMQk

How was Sonic Colors on the DS? Never played it but I absolutely loved both Sonic Rush games. I may have to look for it.

qq more

I guess this is the right place to post this. I've been listening to the Sonic Rush OST. So fucking good. I have the urge to replay it now.
My Favorite tune is this www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhq0IpvyMQk

How was Sonic Colors on the DS? Never played it but I absolutely loved both Sonic Rush games. I may have to look for it.

I didn't like either Rush games but enjoyed Colors DS, so I guess that would say something! Although the game seems really short because it didn't took me long to beat the first 3 zones.

Edgeward

The Unleashed mod looks very promising. The Metal Sonic mod also looks great. Neither are done yet though but there is a demo for the Unleashed mod!

Dayum, those look great. Hope they finish and soon. I looked at and was surprised to find a Knuckles mod too, although one of his legs was limp the whole time lol. Knuckles was the last new character introduced I liked, even if I never really liked how he played what with his reduced jump height. Made it impossible to beat Sonic 2 with him because of it!

So why do you look so weird Green?

I love playing Mario games after I've been doing a bunch of Genesis games, I'm so sloppy it's not even funny.

But I love how happy the game wants to make you feel when Baby Yoshi is around. Like I said, it's this generation's Care Bears.

Bah Bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom