• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Unlimited coming this year (new tone, focus on the lore, playable character...)

-It is NOT a boost game. SEGA has realized that they've done all they can with that formula, so this is allegedly a return to more of an Adventure/traditional platformer, which is seen as having much more long term potential.

-Full 3D, no hybrid nonsense here.

-Features return of the spin dash in 3D and character upgrades.

-There are more playable characters than just Sonic, but I wasn't given specifics as to who those were. Tails/Knuckles/Shadow all seem like valid possibilities.
Sounds good, if true. Adventure fields should also make a return. It's been too long.

somewhat relebvant, im posting it here for the sake of this theory, and i know there's a thread for this but..

Am i the only one who thinks the trailer has some sort of Aztec-ish ancient civilization feel to it? due to the slabs that appear, it's possible the leaks aren't that off. let's also remember how forces was teased, we got an Infinite symbol, teasing the character's name, and many people point out how the symbol looks like the words "Zap"
it's possible that isn't the game's name, but the new character's name, and if we trust this rumor about the story....
the new character is going to be Zap the Hedgehog. mark my words. if it's not a hedgehog, then some weird exotic animal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom