• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony 3rd party timed exclusive games coming

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Abandoned (TBD)

Happy The Voice GIF

tommib

Any dev can write a blog post as far as I know. People have had all the evidence on how this snake’s oil man just doesn’t deliver shit for years on end. He’s just an abusive scammer.

Having said all that, I do think Sony should take the app down. But there’s so much shovelware in the PSN store and games for trophies with 0 quality that it’s hard to blame Sony for hosting a piece of shit.

Any dev can write a blog post as far as I know. People have had all the evidence on how this snake’s oil man just doesn’t deliver shit for years on end. He’s just an abusive scammer.

Having said all that, I do think Sony should take the app down. But there’s so much shovelware in the PSN store and games for trophies with 0 quality that it’s hard to blame Sony for hosting a piece of shit.
Sony can delete the post if it's false information, I'm not about to do an investigation on this. I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

yurinka

Thank you again for your concern. As I've mentioned before please provide the information that devs are hiding the intention to launch the game on Xbox or Switch as well on the same date and I'll remove the game from the list.

Just let me now which one you have a problem with. (y)
You are the one claiming these games will be released in the future in non PS consoles when some of them aren't announced as timed console exclusives or never announced plans to release them in the future in other consoles.

Stray (like Rollerdrome) is a timed console exclusive because its trailer said it so in the little text, or Little Devil Inside on its Kickstarter announced other consoles too:
is-annapurna-interactives-stray-coming-to-xbox.900x.jpg

Forspoken was mentioned to be a console exclusive during 2 years. But where is the source claiming Sony's KOTOR remake or that Granblue Fantasy Relink, Abandoned (lol), Valkyrie Elysium or Project Awakening are coming to other consoles too?

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
Little devil inside and forspoken look good but it could just be how they cut that forspoken trailer together

Gojiira

A lot of these aren't confirmed as Timed...Forspoken,FFXVI, And KOTOR especially given how Sony is funding it.

Robbinhood

Banned
Unreal line up, doesn’t even include first party yet it’s worth owning a console for alone. I don’t know why Sony third pay games hit so much more consistently than other manufacturers. They know how to pick em

A lot of these aren't confirmed as Timed...Forspoken,FFXVI, And KOTOR especially given how Sony is funding it.
If it isn't a Sony owned IP it is likely to show up on an Xbox or a Nintendo platform at some point, sooner or later. See Persona 3, after about 15 years it found it's way to Xbox.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
About Little Devil Inside:

About Granblue Fantasy: Relink:

Valkyrie Elysium:

I'll put a warning on KOTOR that it might not be timed.
Yeah, I'll do a more detailed post soon in the KOTOR thread. I think it's a full PS console exclusive like FFVII Remake. It's not coming to other consoles.

Varteras

Gold Member
Yeah, I'll do a more detailed post soon in the KOTOR thread. I think it's a full PS console exclusive like FFVII Remake. It's not coming to other consoles.

And it’s a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch.

Typically, this kind of language suggests it will come to other consoles later. Like how Xbox timed exclusives say, "Console Launch Exclusive". But, if there is anything we should learn from Final Fantasy VII Remake, it's to not make assumptions that things haven't changed.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm fine with mods changing it to "Sony 3rd party timed (maybe) console exclusive games", saves me the trouble of arguing over it. I just copied the title to protect myself against any accusation of trolling.
Well haha it doesn't matter if you ask me, just leave it as it is. :)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is it? Even I don't know at this point. I just figured if the other one was allowed to exist I would try my luck cloning it.
I guess people cant believe you made this thread in good faith. Boasting about timed exclusives that arent even true exclusives as if moneyhatting is a good thing is too weird for some people to admit.

Personally Id rather Sony spend their money on supporting smaller studios like Housemarquee, Bluepoint and have them make first party games. IPs that wouldnt get greenlit at big third party publishers like Square Enix. Sony has had an illustrious history funding exceptional first party games with third party studios. Crash, Demon Souls, Ratchet, Spiderman, KZ, Motorstorm, Bloodborne, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and most recently Returnal. They resulted in incredible franchises or studios being acquired by Sony and turned into AAA studios. A game like FFX16 is never going to have the same effect. SE will never make RPGs for Sony with Sony's first party quality visuals and storytelling prowess.

I guess people cant believe you made this thread in good faith. Boasting about timed exclusives that arent even true exclusives as if moneyhatting is a good thing is too weird for some people to admit.

Personally Id rather Sony spend their money on supporting smaller studios like Housemarquee, Bluepoint and have them make first party games. IPs that wouldnt get greenlit at big third party publishers like Square Enix. Sony has had an illustrious history funding exceptional first party games with third party studios. Crash, Demon Souls, Ratchet, Spiderman, KZ, Motorstorm, Bloodborne, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and most recently Returnal. They resulted in incredible franchises or studios being acquired by Sony and turned into AAA studios. A game like FFX16 is never going to have the same effect. SE will never make RPGs for Sony with Sony's first party quality visuals and storytelling prowess.
If anything I made it to make fun of the other thread that was boasting about moneyhatting to point out the hypocrisy and I made sure to make it as obvious as possible (come on, I even included Abandoned). I doubt my thread would've survived if I made it first, that is what is funny about it.

I understand the reality of things and that since there is money to be made with moneyhats they'll keep happening, Sony shameless does it while MS pretends they don't do or that they are against it but they do it just as much according to what makes sense given their position in the market. Even Nintendo does it a lot. The whole "when everybody plays we all win" is a cheesy PR line that some people seem to take at face value.

Most people pretending to be outraged about the SE moneyhatings would find it funny if it was the other way around, we have seen it again and again when it comes to acquisitions and previous moneyhats (as we've recently seen with Kojima).

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
If anything I made it to make fun of the other thread that was boasting about moneyhatting to point out the hypocrisy and I made sure to make it as obvious as possible (come on, I even included Abandoned). I doubt my thread would've survived if I made it first, that is what is funny about it.

I understand the reality of things and that since there is money to be make with moneyhats they'll keep happening, Sony shameless does it while MS pretends they don't do or that they are against it but they do it just as much according to what makes sense given their position in the market. The whole "when everybody plays we all win" is a cheesy PR line that some people seem to take at face value.

In other words - trolling.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I understand the reality of things and that since there is money to be made with moneyhats they'll keep happening, Sony shameless does it while MS pretends they don't do or that they are against it but they do it just as much according to what makes sense given their position in the market. Even Nintendo does it a lot. The whole "when everybody plays we all win" is a cheesy PR line that some people seem to take at face value.

Most people pretending to be outraged about the SE moneyhatings would find it funny if it was the other way around, we have seen it again and again when it comes to acquisitions and previous moneyhats (as we've recently seen with Kojima).
Yeah, but then thats trolling. So the guys accusing you of trolling were right.

P.S I can definitely see the hypocrisy you are trying to point out, but your thread is definitely trolling.

Last edited:
Yeah, but then thats trolling. So the guys accusing you of trolling were right.

P.S I can definitely see the hypocrisy you are trying to point out, but your thread is definitely trolling.
Cloning a thread that was up for hours trolling? I don't get it, I made it as close as possible exactly so that mine wouldn't be closed.

I just thought it would be funny but I didn't make it to troll anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom