• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action

Korezo

Wow my ps+ expired last week, so I chose the 3 month of +. Hopefully they give out codes before blood bourne releases.

Senketsu

I already have most of these games and I don't have a PSP, 3months of PS plus it is then and I hope they send it soon ^_^

Wait....

With the original welcome back programme, didn't you get like 4 games?

Now you only get 1 and only if you missed out on the original programme or am I misunderstanding?

You got 2 PS3 and 2 PSP games per account and 30 days of PS+ (60 in the US if you got the subscription early enough for the promo to still be on when the first 30 expired.)

Biker19

Banned
Why would anyone put down their real info along with their debit/credit card info on a home gaming console in the first place?

The only thing that you need, is your gamertag & to use pre-paid cards to either add more money onto a wallet, or to add more time to your PS+ &/or Xbox Live Gold subscription (or do it through sites like Amazon to get downloadable codes for them).

Why would anyone put down their real info along with their debit/credit card info on a home gaming console in the first place?

The only thing that you need, is your gamertag & to use pre-paid cards to either add more money onto a wallet, or to add more time to your PS+ &/or Xbox Live Gold subscription (or do it through sites like Amazon to get downloadable codes for them).

.... Because it's more convenient to just pay by debit/credit card rather than purchase a pre paid card?

mackattk

Free PS3 themes for everyone!!!

Edit: the list of games and themes and only giving out PS+ to non subscribers is bullshit. I am (should be) eligible to partake in this but won't just because it is all trash.

Zoe

Many people have been burned by getting locked out of their accounts for various reasons and not being able to recover them because of fake information.

I'm not sure if it was related, but right around the time of the breach, somebody in France cleaned out $800 from my account. Thankfully it was seen as suspicious and the transactions were put on hold. My bank stepped up, and gave me an overdraw limit worth the $800 until it was solved, so I never really lost any money.

the only consolation I will accept is Bloodborne for free. Right now. Ship me the game as is right now and patch me the launch day update when its ready.

thats the only way I shall forgive

So looking forward to another 5 days of PS+ and another 10% off coupon.

Didn't we already get free games and credit service from this hack? More 'bonus' I suppose.

Just be very careful when filling this out...

A. Wallet Balance Payment Claim

*Do you wish to make a Wallet Balance Payment Claim?
Note: not available for PSN accountholders whose only PSN account is a sub-account.

Yes No

I certify that at least one of the accounts I provided in this claim form was used between January 1, 2011 through May 14, 2011 and that, because of the Intrusions, none of them was used after that through June 13, 2014. I would like to close all of the listed accounts. If any associated wallet has a balance of paid virtual currency of $2 or more, I would like to receive a payment equal to that balance.

PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF YOU CHOOSE "YES" AND ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THIS BENEFIT, ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS LISTED IN THIS CLAIM FORM WILL BE CLOSED AND NEITHER YOU NOR YOUR LINKED ACCOUNTHOLDERS CAN CLAIM ANY OTHER BENEFIT UNDER ANY OTHER SECTION OF THIS PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT BENEFITS CLAIM FORM BELOW.

Please check here to confirm you wish to make a Wallet Balance Payment Claim. If you want to keep your account(s) open, do not check this confirmation box. You can instead submit a claim for benefits under another section of this Claim Form, if you qualify, as described in those sections.

If you already have PS+ you can't claim the PS+ to your account...

List of games said:
Dead Nation™ (PS3)

inFAMOUS™ (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet™ (PS3)

Super Stardust™ HD (PS3)

rain™ (PS3)

Puppeteer™ (PS3)

Invizimals™: Lost Kingdom (PS3)

God of War® HD (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet™ (PSP)

ModNation™ Racers (PSP)

Patapon 3™ (PSP)

Killzone® Liberation (PSP)

WipEout® Pure (PSP)

Syphon Filter®: Dark Mirror (PSP)

List of Themes said:
WipEout® HD Dynamic Theme

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Dynamic Theme

TOKYO JUNGLE™ Dynamic Theme

The Last Of Us™ Dynamic Theme

Ratchet & Clank® Dynamic Theme

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ Dynamic Theme

Cbajd5

For some reason the CAPTCHA refuses to submit for me even though I'm entering it correctly. (Even though I got it correct by what I see in the image and hear through the audio.) And after 3 times it fails to submit you have to redo the whole application again.

I'll try again later I guess? (I guess I'll get Puppeteer since I didn't have Plus when it was free and i already own/don't care about the other games.)

Cth

Hrm, never took advantage of the Welcome Back offer.

Guess I'll be paying closer attention to the outcome this time.

For some reason the CAPTCHA refuses to submit for me even though I'm entering it correctly. (Even though I got it correct by what I see in the image and hear through the audio.) And after 3 times it fails to submit you have to redo the whole application again.

I'll try again later I guess? (I guess I'll get Puppeteer since I didn't have Plus when it was free and i already own/don't care about the other games.)

Yeah, same thing for me too. Yay.

Yeah, same thing for me too. Yay.

Make sure you're clicking the checkbox that you agree to the disclaimer on the final page.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Captcha does seem broken.

It didn't go through the first time, then a second text box for the captcha appeared. Use the top one, not the bottom one.

terrisus

So, nothing for those affected on the PC side?...

The only reason I had an account with Sony was EverQuest.

They could at least offer some "Station Cash" or something.

Wait what?

From the agreement

I certify that at least one of the accounts I provided in this claim form was used between January 1, 2011 through May 14, 2011 and that, because of the Intrusions, none of them was used after that through June 13, 2014. I would like to close all of the listed accounts. If any associated wallet has a balance of paid virtual currency of $2 or more, I would like to receive a payment equal to that balance.

PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF YOU CHOOSE "YES" AND ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THIS BENEFIT, ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS LISTED IN THIS CLAIM FORM WILL BE CLOSED AND NEITHER YOU NOR YOUR LINKED ACCOUNTHOLDERS CAN CLAIM ANY OTHER BENEFIT UNDER ANY OTHER SECTION OF THIS PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT BENEFITS CLAIM FORM BELOW.

Please check here to confirm you wish to make a Wallet Balance Payment Claim. If you want to keep your account(s) open, do not check this confirmation box. You can instead submit a claim for benefits under another section of this Claim Form, if you qualify, as described in those sections.

The "Wallet Balance" claim is essentially giving people the option to cashout and close their account if they want.

It's very plainly labeled and warned of in bold, underlined writing.

Right, so from what I understand, they give you money and close your acct, or you take a free 3 yr old game or ps+ top off

RPGCrazied

Damn, my own fault for not reading it all. I sure hope I don't get any cash back, really don't want my PSN account I've had for years closed, that would suck. I honestly can't remember if I had any money in my wallet when the hack happened.

Sorral

So having your credit card stolen is worth 19 cents in damage?

If I remember right, the credit card information were encrypted, so they couldn't be stolen. It was the addresses, names, accounts, etc that weren't.

Also, according to a post above, apparently $5 million out of it went to the lawyers...

Zoe

So, nothing for those affected on the PC side?...

The only reason I had an account with Sony was EverQuest.

They could at least offer some "Station Cash" or something.

I didn't chose it so I don't know what you could get, but there is an option for those accounts.

RPGCrazied

Will changing my sign in ID help from getting my account closed? The only way it will get closed if you get money back, or just by filing a wallet claim?

bigkrev

Guess because the Vita and PS4 weren't out when this outage happened, we can't get any free games for them. Would have been nice if they had selected more PSP games that were Vita compatible, though.

Cornbread78

So who didn't actually download the free games? I think pretty much everyone did....

but we still get 1 more free game now? Show me the list, lol.

Knack for everyone!

Mecca

I got Dead Nation and WipeOut last time, but regretted not grabbing Infamous instead so I guess I'll go with that since I still haven't gotten around to playing it.

Kiyo

So who didn't actually download the free games? I think pretty much everyone did....

Me because I was in a 360/PC mood around that time and never turned my PS3 on. There wasn't an online webstore back then so I couldn't redeem the games from my PC so I just never bothered.

Top Bottom