• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Move's 2010 launch lineup (31 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Will look to get this, not going to waste my money on bullshit like Kinect. I'm going to get it when I upgrade to PS3 Slim (250gig) this year. Can't wait. I need to catch up on a bunch of PS3 games.

CryptiK

gofreak said:
Yeah, it was hard to see how that might work without revamping things a lot...and it turns out it won't, it's some extra separate minigame stuff added in that uses it.

Tumble looks like it could be quite cool...that flew under the radar.
most likely the flying section and minigames

KevinCow

Banned
cakefoo said:
Ugh, such retarded controls. But that's more the fault of the original game.

Trigger doesn't shoot- a FACE button does! :/

I guess it's fine if you're used to RE, but for luring casuals to shooters, this isn't what I'd want to showcase.

Yeah, that always bugged me about RE4 Wii, and they didn't even give the option to switch the buttons around. He does say that the Move button is the default action button, so maybe there are multiple configurations?

It's also kinda bizarre that the default control scheme doesn't let you strafe. The traditional shooter style control scheme of RE5 could have easily been adapted to the Move.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Loudninja said:
So who is getting it?I think I will!I really like what I seen so far,and I am sure its going to get better.

Oh Im totally getting it. I can see its already got some awesome support in the pipeline.

Time Crisis RAZING STORM sold me on the spot.

Loudninja

These are the setups:
One Move+PS eye
2 Moves+PS eye
1 Move+ Dualshock+the PS eye
1 Move+ Navigation controller +the PS eye

You have many ways to play the games.

StuBurns

Banned
Loudninja said:
These are the setups:
One Move+PS eye
2 Moves+PS eye
1 Move+ Dualshock+the PS eye
1 Move+ Navigation controller +the PS eye

You have many ways to play the games.
I don't believe the DS+Move thing. They've put an X and O on the Navi for a reason, you don't have access to those buttons if you're holding just the left half of the DS, and it feels bad.

Based on what has been shown so far, you have two legitimate options I think.

PSEye, Navi, Move.
PSEye, Navi, Move, Move.

Both hella expensive. That's only for one person too.

DMeisterJ

Banned
StuBurns said:
I don't believe the DS+Move thing. They've put an X and O on the Navi for a reason, you don't have access to those buttons if you're holding just the left half of the DS, and it feels bad.

PSEye, Navi, Move.
PSEye, Navi, Move, Move.

What do you mean you don't believe the DS + Move thing? You don't believe that you can use a DS3 to substitute for the Navigator?

Loudninja

StuBurns said:

PSEye, Navi, Move.
PSEye, Navi, Move, Move.

What? its already confirmed you can use it,it just another control method.

StuBurns

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
What do you mean you don't believe the DS + Move thing? You don't believe that you can use a DS3 to substitute for the Navigator?
I don't believe it's viable, I believe they will let you of course.

BeeDog

StuBurns said:

PSEye, Navi, Move.
PSEye, Navi, Move, Move.

Then... hold the right half of the DS3 with your right hand? Granted, it'll be a pain in the ass for lefties like me, but it's doable.

StuBurns

Banned
BeeDog said:
Then... hold the right half of the DS3 with your right hand? Granted, it'll be a pain in the ass for lefties like me, but it's doable.
Then you don't have the d-pad, the stick or the L1/L2, how does that help?

BeeDog

StuBurns said:
Then you don't have the d-pad, the stick or the L1/L2, how does that help?

D'oh, that's true, completely forgot the subcontroller has a D-pad. Does the subcontroller have any triggers? If not, then L1/L2 could perhaps emulate O/X.

StuBurns

Banned
BeeDog said:
D'oh, that's true, completely forgot the subcontroller has a D-pad. Does the subcontroller have any triggers? If not, then L1/L2 could perhaps emulate O/X.
It sure does.

The Nav has L1/L2, d-pad, almost certainly L3, the stick, X and O. You cannot access those with one hand on a DS3 with any sort of ease.

StuBurns said:

it looks like the X and O buttons are only optional on the navi, I was wondering about that as well, but the Move controller has all four face buttons.

possible reason:
painful fart said:
I think they are there to give you a simple option to navigate the XMB with just the sub-controller, but I don´t know.

Edit: Giving it a second thought, as it has a PS-button which allows you to quit game/close down system/turn off controller it really needs the X/O buttons to be able to do that.

so you really only need the left part of the DS3 (=only your left hand).
If you sit down you probably won't even notice a difference besides the placement of the stick etc. because you never have to move the DS3 around and it can rest on your leg or wherever.

StuBurns

Banned
SolidusDave said:
it looks like the X and O buttons are only optional on the navi, I was wondering about that as well, but the Move controller has all four face buttons.

possible reason:

so you really only need the left part of the DS3 (=only your left hand).
If you sit down you probably won't even notice a difference besides the placement of the stick etc. because you never have to move the DS3 around and it can rest on your leg or wherever.
It's nice to think that is the case, but we shall see. I fully expect developers to take advantage of the Navi buttons and design games with using those in mind. Maybe I'm wrong, I just think the whole using DS option is a con because Sony don't want to tell people how much it will actually cost them. It's been very "well you might have a PSEye, so you just need this one $50 controller" when in actuality, not many people have the PSEye's, and most people will want a Navi too. I'm not saying the price is extortionate, just that I think the way they're presenting it as cheaper than it really is is unfair.

DMeisterJ

Banned
StuBurns said:
It's nice to think that is the case, but we shall see. I fully expect developers to take advantage of the Navi buttons and design games with using those in mind. Maybe I'm wrong, I just think the whole using DS option is a con because Sony don't want to tell people how much it will actually cost them. It's been very "well you might have a PSEye, so you just need this one $50 controller" when in actuality, not many people have the PSEye's, and most people will want a Navi too. I'm not saying the price is extortionate, just that I think the way they're presenting it as cheaper than it really is is unfair.

I'm still not following... There are X and O on the Move controller.

StuBurns

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
I'm still not following... There are X and O on the Move controller.
And the Navi.

If a developer designs a game with the intent that the user presses the O and X button on the Navi, people using the DS are in for rape times.

Maybe Sony have forbid that, but until I hear that from them, I'm going to presume the worst.

DMeisterJ

Banned
StuBurns said:
And the Navi.

If a developer designs a game with the intent that the user presses the O and X button on the Navi, people using the DS are in for rape times.

Maybe Sony have forbid that, but until I hear that from them, I'm going to presume the worst.

Oh okay, well, you have fun with that one.

StuBurns said:
And the Navi.

Why wouldn't they just be able to press X or O on the Move controller?

What your saying isn't making any sense. The X and O buttons are on Move as well. So it doesn't matter if your holding a dualshock or the nav controller.

StuBurns

Banned
IonicSnake said:
Why wouldn't they just be able to press X or O on the Move controller?
They could, but if the game is designed based on you using the other X and O, using the ones on the Move might be harder.

Even if that never happened, I still think the idea of using the DS3 is stupid. It's just Sony being scared to say 'hey, our waggle system is pretty expensive'.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've never seen people so unhappy with options. I kinda like giving the consumer the choice of how expensive or cheap something should be. But apparently people hate that. Oh well.

StuBurns

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
It's the same price as the Wiimote and chuk.
The PSEye, Move and Navi is the same price as a Wiimore and nunchuk? That just makes me think the Wii shit is very overpriced.

I'm not anti-options, I'm anti-stupid options. I don't think DS + Move is going to be workable personally, people are welcome to disagree, but we shall see, I have no doubt people are going to be ripping it apart when they try it.

JWong

Banned
StuBurns said:
Check the Digital Foundry interview. They said you can completely replace the Navicon with DS3.

StuBurns said:
They could, but if the game is designed based on you using the other X and O, using the ones on the Move might be harder.

Even if that never happened, I still think the idea of using the DS3 is stupid. It's just Sony being scared to say 'hey, our waggle system is pretty expensive'.

I still don't understand why it would be harder unless they want you to hold down the Move button and X or O but then that's just poor design from the devs.

Even if you had to do that while holding a DS3 it's not impossible, you just press X or O on the DS3 though that would not be very comfortable.

And if devs would want you to use stick to move while doing all this then they are idiots since that is pretty much impossible with just two thumbs. That's like asking players to press X and at the same time use both analog sticks.

StuBurns

Banned
IonicSnake said:
I still don't understand why it would be harder unless they want you to hold down the Move button and X or O but then that's just poor design from the devs.

Even if you had to do that while holding a DS3 it's not impossible, you just press X or O on the DS3 though that would not be very comfortable.

And if devs would want you to use stick to move while doing all this then they are idiots since that is pretty much impossible with just two thumbs. That's like asking players to press X and at the same time use both analog sticks.
Fine.

However, I've been reading that article, Sony agree with me it seems, to some degree at least.

Digital Foundry: But that would be a bit of a handful on a game like SOCOM...

Richard Marks: I found that if you're sitting down and it's on your knee, it's not a problem at all, it feels pretty natural. But if you want to stand up and you want a user-friendly game then you use the sub-controller.

Even Sony think it's stupid. Putting it on your knee? When have you ever controlled a analog stick from resting on your knee?

I can't believe I had to do this but I give you proof! And I'm sitting down in my actual gaming position!! Is your mind not blown?

ps.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I can't believe I had to do this but I give you proof! And I'm sitting down in my actual gaming position!! Is your mind not blown?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/jedipete33/ps.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That is not resting on your knee. And it is not proof of anything other than the fact you can hold a controller with one hand which I never doubted.

StuBurns said:
Even Sony think it's stupid. Putting it on your knee? When have you ever controlled a analog stick from resting on your knee?

No, they say if you want to play while standing the Navi controller is better than the DS3 (if you try it you know why).
It's fine while you sit because you can hold it like you would normally do.

I really don't see why Sony should actually emphasize that you would definitely need to buy a Navi as well under all circumstances.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
You really think Sony would allow two X and O buttons doing different things? Thats just adding a layer of confusion. The X and O buttons are most likely on the sub-controller so you can navigate through the menus fully (up,down, left, right, confirm, go back etc.) without having to use both controllers (sub and move).

StuBurns

Banned
SolidusDave said:
No, they say if you want to play while standing the Navi controller is better than the DS3.
It's fine while you sit because you can hold it like you would normally do.

I really don't see why Sony should actually nemphasize that you would definitely need to buy a Navi as well under all circumstances.
I still think it's bullshit. I do not believe it will be comfortable, and no one will convince me otherwise unless they can give me socom and a move to try it.

NinjaFridge said:
You really think Sony would allow two X and O buttons doing different things? Thats just adding a layer of confusion.
I never suggested that, read before you reply.

StuBurns said:
I still think it's bullshit. I do not believe it will be comfortable, and no one will convince me otherwise unless they can give me socom and a move to try it.

Why would it be uncomfortable? You hold it the same way you do now, except only with one hand. Do you actually hold the controller in the air when you play?

StuBurns

Banned
akachan ningen said:
Why would it be uncomfortable? You hold it the same way you do now, except only with one hand. Do you actually hold the controller in the air when you play?
Yes I do, at least I think I do, it's one of those things I've never even thought about, I just do whatever is natural.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
StuBurns said:
I never suggested that, read before you reply.

StuBurns said:
And the Navi.

Thats what i'm replying to. Its highly unlikely they would have two sets of the same button each doing each different, as in something you can do on the X and O buttons on the sub and not on the Move.
I highly doubt they would allow such a thing to happen, why would something like that happen anyway? The X and O buttons on each controller would probably do the same thing, so if you are using the DS3 you could use the X and O buttons on the Move.

I also just noticed you can resize the size on the reply box. Holy shit!

StuBurns

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
Thats what i'm replying to. Its highly unlikely they would have two sets of the same button each doing each different, as in something you can do on the X and O buttons on the sub and not on the Move.
I highly doubt they would allow such a thing to happen, why would something like that happen anyway? The X and O buttons on each controller would probably do the same thing, so if you are using the DS3 you could use the X and O buttons on the Move.

I also just noticed you can resize the size on the reply box. Holy shit!
That's not what that post meant at all. I can't be bothered to reiterate. Never mind.

I think the DS thing is a con, you can all try it, we shall see when the thing ships.

jiggle

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

ps.jpg

is this how u supposed to hold it with what they referred to?
weird, i always thought they meant holding it vertically ever since the RE announcement
that provides a better grip imo

StuBurns said:
That's not what that post meant at all. I can't be bothered to reiterate. Never mind.

I think the DS thing is a con, you can all try it, we shall see when the thing ships.

Sony's conning people for letting them use a controller they already own? Whatever..

StuBurns said:
Yes I do, at least I think I do, it's one of those things I've never even thought about, I just do whatever is natural.

I can beat the whole Suikoden 2 with 1 hand, and isn't there 1 handed mode in Bayonetta and DoA volleyball? I seem to remember jokes about your other hand doing something else while playing those game.

I think it's not as big deal as you might think.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Oh wow, Echrochrome looks much more accesible now.

Playing with the shadows will make it easier. Should be fun to play with Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom