• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Move's 2010 launch lineup (31 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakefoo

Sports Champions™, September 2010
*Eye Pet™, September 2010
*Kung Fu Rider™, September 2010
Start the Party! ™, September 2010
echochrome™ 2 (PSN), September 2010
Tumble (PSN), September 2010
*Hustle Kings, October 2010
*PAIN (PSN), October 2010
*TV Superstars™, October 2010
*The Fight: Lights Out™, October 2010
The Shoot™, October 2010
*High Velocity Bowling (PSN) October 2010
*Heavy Rain®, October 2010
*Sly Collection, November 2010
SingStar® Dance, November 2010
LittleBigPlanet™ 2, November 2010
Beat Sketcher (PSN), Fall 2010 <--- what is this, sounds interesting
SOCOM 4, Fall 2010
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 11 (Electronic Arts), September 2010
Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios), September 2010
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (WB Games Inc.), September 2010
Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave), September 2010
Resident Evil®5 Gold Edition (Capcom), September 2010
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco), September 2010
NBA® 2K11 (2K Sports), October 2010
*John Daly's ProStroke Golf (OG International), Fall 2010
*Racquet Sports (Ubisoft), Fall 2010
R.U.S.E. (Ubisoft), September 2010
*Kung Fu LIVE (Virtual Air Guitar Company), October 2010
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos™ (Crave), November 2010
*Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios), November 2010

I'm completely interested in these, but will hold out my opinion on the asterisked titles once I find out more about them.

Fuck, all these games are coming out in a 4-month span.

distrbnce

Banned
Posted this in the Move launch details thread, but I guess this is a better fit. Sorry for the double post, but I wanna have this conversation... can't wait.

These are the games I actually want to try out. What's everyone else's list, comments?

Sports Champions - cool demos, terrrrrrible name and logo, jeeze

echochrome™ 2 (PSN) - just saw that one quick shot, but definitely want to try something with a light mechanic.

Hustle Kings - er, maybe

Dead Space Extraction - included with Dead Space 2, and example of how Sony's doing it right

PAIN (PSN) - this will be particularly awesome if it just feels like you're pulling back and moving around the slingshot (i know most people don't think pain is any good, but my roommates and i play it all the freakin' time. this is very cool.)

The Shoot - don't know much about this, but desperately missing light gun games.

Heavy Rain - can't wait to see what they do here

Sly Collection - er, i want this, but not sure using Move

LittleBigPlanet 2 - i might actually create a level

SOCOM 4 - do want. wondering if they'll separate online Move vs. ds3 enabled rooms, or if it's really good enough to hold up.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 - want to at least try this out

Toy Story 3: The Video Game - not sure about move applications, but interested in the game

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest - my roommate saw this in the press conference montage... it sold him and he's a grumpy and skeptical as shit.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - haven't played RE5 at all yet... so maybe

Time Crisis: Razing Storm - YES.

Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos - lol

Sorcery - looks VERY cool to me. hope the spell mixing stuff gets deep.

Killzone 3 - depending on how SOCOM 4 fares i guess. still skeptical about how well it works for fast FPS's 'til i see it myself. well, it's not like i'm not gonna buy the game, so i'll be trying it at least.

distrbnce

Banned
SSJ1Goku said:
EDIT: I called it, people don't give a damn about the orb. If anything it has become the strongest marketing point.

I was thinking... Portal using Move... with the orb changing red and blue based on the portal...

And wonder if it can strobe... looking at Child of Eden here.

...LotR game, i know it's Aragorn based... but what if the orb turned blue when Orcs were nearby?

Guenther

BTW: How do you mount the PlayStation Eye on top of a Flat TV? And does anyone know the minimum distance between the camera and the player for proper function?

Loudninja

cakefoo said:
Video of the Best Buy preview event - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ffl_k2PFUg

They got user reactions after playing. Hands-on experiences and word of mouth will definitely do the trick so that this thing doesn't get mislabeled a Wii clone. Guys, girls, young kids, and even moms were praising it for being more accurate than the Wii.

That flashlight game with the ghost looks cool, they really need to make a horror game as well.

Hypereides

Gold Member
distrbnce said:
I was thinking... Portal using Move... with the orb changing red and blue based on the portal...

It would only make sense to add Move functionality to Portal 2. I have faith in valve being ambitious as they are to add it into the game.

Otherwise it would be a missed opportunity.

pre order placed... along with this bad boy

charger = pure sex

418bR9H3NNL._SS400_.jpg

distrbnce

Banned
highluxury said:
It would only make sense to add Move functionality to Portal 2. I have faith in valve being ambitious as they are to add it into the game.

Otherwise it would be a missed opportunity.

lol, I dunno, I'm still in shock from the whole thing. My mind still sees Pre-E3 Gabe Newell saying something like "WHAT? F NO WE AREN'T SUPPORTING THAT SONY GIMMICK! TOO MUCH WORK!"

Definitely hoping though.

Half-Life 3 for that matter. Flickering blue orb when you've grabbed something with the gravity gun. Yep, can't stop imagining possibilities, just hope the orb lighting allows for that kind of control.

Dude Abides

Banned
Most interested in RE5, based on people's praise for the Wii version, and golf.

And Sorcery of course. Glad they're taking time with it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Loudninja said:
So who is getting it on release?I think I will!I really like what I seen so far,and I am sure its going to get better.
Not release since I won't have money in September, but soon thereafter. RE5: Gold and Socom were enough for me. But Eyepet, LBP2, GT5, and Dead Space: Extraction using it make it so much more of a buy for me

Massa

I'm getting it in February as soon as I realize people with Move have an unfair advantage in Killzone 3 multiplayer.

If that's not the case I'll wait for EA to announce Grand Slam Tennis for the PS3.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
g35twinturbo said:
I played with the Pong and Archery along with Time Crisis.

It's crazy accurate, I'm buying the Sports bundle day 1.

How was the lag on all 3 of those games?

Loudninja said:
So who is getting it?I think I will!I really like what I seen so far,and I am sure its going to get better.

I'll be out of town the week it is released, but will preorder and get my wife to pick it up so it is ready for when I get home. Time Crisis has eradicated any reservations I may have otherwise had.

slider

Loudninja said:
So who is getting it?I think I will!I really like what I seen so far,and I am sure its going to get better.

On a whim I just pre-ordered a short while ago. Got an Eye so Move and sub-controller. I think that's all I need at first.

GeoramA

cakefoo said:
Beat Sketcher (PSN), Fall 2010 <--- what is this, sounds interesting.
I'm intrigued as well. Sony trademarked it along with Journey, so I'm sure we'll see something about it soon.

Jeels

With Heavy Rain and LBP2 supporting it, I will be all over Move as long as impressions are good. Regardless, the pricing is still steep and I don't see how they expect the mass market to lash onto it. I certainly don't feel comfortable paying 30 dollars for the attachment.

noah111

Still Alive
The Heavy Rain implementation looks like shit to be honest, i'd rather wait on a sequel or something built with Move in mind.

Yeah, I'll pick it up in February for KZ3. Hopefully by then even more solid games will be announced for it. Also Rising. (please)

I'm hoping we can still use the DS3 as a subcontroller...I'll buy one if I have to, but the option would be nice, to save the money.

expy

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Does not.
Hmmmm, that's a shame, since the Dualshock is somewhat of a substitute for it and has SIXAXIS built into-it, I thought they'd be able to use that somehow.

XP-Enigma

Loudninja said:

I am getting it.

So is the camera bluetooth or usb? I have the PS3 slim and dont think there are any rear usb ports. It will suck if I have to plug the camera in the front. :|

Pai Pai Master said:
Does not.

Not even the sixaxis motion from the DS3?

XP-Enigma said:
I am getting it.

So is the camera bluetooth or usb? I have the PS3 slim and dont think there are any rear usb ports. It will suck if I have to plug the camera in the front. :|

It's USB.

Loudninja

XP-Enigma said:
I am getting it.

Its USB sorry.

IonicSnake said:
Not even the sixaxis motion from the DS3?

It's USB.

Nope.

mh I just noticed the Navigation Controller also has X and O buttons (in addition to L1/L2/L3), how am I supposed to press them with only one (left) hand on the DS3?

edit: Move has all 4 face buttons, so the two on the Navigation Controller are optional?

SolidusDave said:
mh I just noticed the Navigation Controller also has X and O buttons (in addition to L1/L2/L3), how am I supposed to press them with only one (left) hand on the DS3?

edit: Move has all 4 face buttons, so the two on the Navigation Controller are optional?

I think they are there to give you a simple option to navigate the XMB with just the sub-controller, but I don´t know.

Edit: Giving it a second thought, as it has a PS-button which allows you to quit game/close down system/turn off controller it really needs the X/O buttons to be able to do that.

Loudninja

E3 2010: PlayStation Move Impressions
I was very pleasantly surprised by how easy Heavy Rain is to control with the Move; it necessitates a lot of waggling and thrusting... but for the most part, actions like opening a door, turning on a faucet, or swiping at a would-be assailant (minus the "would-be," in my particular case) are very intuitive. It might be a shameless Wii-mote knock-off, but I'm already pleased with this particular application.
http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/playstation-motion-controller-e3-demo-series/1099451p1.html

Hydrargyrus

Loudninja said:

I'm getting it too, for sure.
But I don't know when. I doubt about getting it at day 1 or wait till the SOCOM 4 release date to get a pack (I don't know if Sony will make one pack...)

Loudninja said:

I already have the camera, so I will at least get 1 move controller day 1.

I'll try playing games with 1 move and one Dualshock3. And if I take to it, I will get the sub controller too.

leehom

Call me a goof, but I'm buying a Move just for Time Crisis. I have TC 1,2,3 and 4 and this new one will be mines as well. I wasn't interested at the Move at all till I saw TC up there. Sorcery looks intriguing.

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, Sly Collection will use Move? How?

Anyway, nothing in that launch list really screams "MUST-HAVE" at me. I'll probably pick it up when Sorcery comes out.

Loudninja

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
KevinCow said:
Wait, Sly Collection will use Move? How?

Yeah, it was hard to see how that might work without revamping things a lot...and it turns out it won't, it's some extra separate minigame stuff added in that uses it.

Tumble looks like it could be quite cool...that flew under the radar.

Loudninja said:
Move vids
Sorcery PlayStation Move Demo - E3 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAI7lNd6OQ

PlayStation Move Socom 4 Demo - E3 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHwaXcXumo

Resident Evil 5 PlayStation Move Demo Commentary - E3 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OnPqFwL2g

SingStar Dance and SingStar Guitar vid
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/18/singstar-gets-physical/

Heavy Rain E3 2010: Move Walkthrough
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-heavy-rain/101764

He keeps saying Gold Edition, we who bought the normal edition wont get the update?

cakefoo

Loudninja said:
Resident Evil 5 PlayStation Move Demo Commentary - E3 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OnPqFwL2g
Ugh, such retarded controls. But that's more the fault of the original game.

Trigger doesn't shoot- a FACE button does! :/

I guess it's fine if you're used to RE, but for luring casuals to shooters, this isn't what I'd want to showcase.

Also, it's been confirmed that the reticule is being controlled by the orb's position, not the remote's orientation. I don't know, maybe they didn't have a magnetometer in the Move when Capcom first began development, so they didn't think the pointer controls would be good enough? I know that's what we all thought before the magnetometer was revealed. But knowing the near-final specs of the Move now, I find it hard to understand the choice they've made. I could see using that style of cursor control in a game like LBP, where your cursor functions as sort of a mid-air stylus, but not in a shooter where you're used to aiming through orientational tweaks.

Darkangus

leehom said:
Call me a goof, but I'm buying a Move just for Time Crisis. I have TC 1,2,3 and 4 and this new one will be mines as well. I wasn't interested at the Move at all till I saw TC up there. Sorcery looks intriguing.

Goof...

And I will do the exact same thing... =) To good to pass...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom