• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Move's 2010 launch lineup (31 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Well Sony did it. They proved that they can do motion controls right. They have a robust line up of casual, custom tailored, and core games that tout Move really well.

Price on the other hand is gouging in NA. Way too much for price of entry, especially those who didn't get an Eye early on during those deals at Target and such. This needs to be fixed, or it's going to hinder it from taking off. Entry price is still too high. Maybe they can correct this by launch, but I doubt it.

klee123

Looks like namco is making a shooter bundle for PS3. Revealed this week in famitsu. It'll be a retail release featuring:

Time Crisis Raizing Storm
Dead Storm Pirates
Time Crisis 4.

All 3 games will be in one disc.

iceatcs

Takao said:
Hey, where's Ape Escape? I don't trust that sketchy twitter account either.
Yeah I told many times every new threads while ago. This twitter account is so suspicious.
I always thought Twitter is exclusive xbot bless for example gamescoopz.

But there may be one in making since it was on TGS Move game list.

klee123 said:
Looks like namco is making a shooter bundle for PS3. Revealed this week in famitsu. It'll be retail release featuring:

Dead Storm Pirates
Time Crisis 4.

DAY 1 BUUUUUY

iceatcs

klee123 said:
Looks like namco is making a shooter bundle for PS3. Revealed this week in famitsu. It'll be retail release featuring:

Dead Storm Pirates
Time Crisis 4.

Finally more 2 guncom3 games? Or Move only :|

NEED NEW POINT BLANK, Please namco!

Ashes

Banned
olimpia84 said:
CTRL+F
Search: Pro Evolution Soccer
No Matches Found

Conclusion = MOVE FAILS

Are you kdding? Pes on wii is the only thing holding the credibility of pes up. Pes has to support move. I think we will learn more once we get to conferences held at places that actually care about football.

Ashes

Banned
hxa155 said:
I like the fact that Move-only games will be $39.99.
Yep this alone, actually saves you money in the longer run. I'm just hoping that Socom comes with a sub controller rather then an ear piece (which I've got), because the earpiece was a similar price to the sub controller back when I bought it.

AFreak

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Someone with a Wii already has a Wiimote and Nunchuk, and the Motion+ comes with every game that requires it; moreover, only a half-dozen games use M+. You didn't include the cost of a sandwich either.

And you don't need all the shit for PS Move either. It's only 50 bucks if you know how to hold a DS3 with one hand.

Yoboman

J-Rzez said:
Well Sony did it. They proved that they can do motion controls right. They have a robust line up of casual, custom tailored, and core games that tout Move really well.

Price on the other hand is gouging in NA. Way too much for price of entry, especially those who didn't get an Eye early on during those deals at Target and such. This needs to be fixed, or it's going to hinder it from taking off. Entry price is still too high. Maybe they can correct this by launch, but I doubt it.
Why are people complaining about price? It's the same as Wiimotes :\

Concept17

Yoboman said:
Why are people complaining about price? It's the same as Wiimotes :\

Because of the camera.

I was surprised by the pricing. Though it would be more, given Sony's love of high prices. The price, plus the lineup. Especially Sorcery, sold me on Move. Will be getting it for sure.

Will finally play RE5.

I could have sworn I saw the move logo during the dead space 2 talk during the sony conference.

edit: oh, that was dead space extraction. well, it better happen.

F-Pina

gofreak said:
The devs are actually on GAF, so they might chime in at some point. But the list is missing titles, so I wouldn't worry...

Regarding Under Siege we have something planned, but not for E3.

OneMoreQuestion said:
I was just wondering, where do we actually put the Eye when using the Move? On top or below the TV? And can it be placed at an angle?
angle : not a good idea
above or below : both fine
in your butthole : definitely

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
klee123 said:
Looks like namco is making a shooter bundle for PS3. Revealed this week in famitsu. It'll be a retail release featuring:

Dead Storm Pirates
Time Crisis 4.

Will all games be playable with the MOVE?

Bradach

Chamber said:
I would have been all over Dead Space 2 with Move. :(

me too. Could still happen i suppose, cutting off limbs would be splendid with MOVE :D

I suppose we'll still be able to do some dissection with extraction (great game BTW)

KillerAJD

Guardian Bob said:
I think thats the reason for this. The question is can it be played without Move.
As posted in the link above, Deadstorm and TC4 can also be played with a Guncon3. Doesn't say anything about a DS3 though, nor does it say if TCRS can be used with a Guncon3 (although I'm assuming it will).

*Bah, beat again!

Piggus

Bradach said:
me too. Could still happen i suppose, cutting off limbs would be splendid with MOVE :D

I suppose we'll still be able to do some dissection with extraction (great game BTW)

Speaking of which, how about Move with Metal Gear Rising? :3

jax (old)

Banned
maybe move control can still be implemented. We'll see (for deadspace).

btw: re5 + free extraction + heavy rain... getting move would enable me to play/replay 3 games just by getting it. (i own RE5+HR)

and the timecrisis bundle. nicee!

quite a great value proposition

onken

Move support for Rising seems like a no brainer, total fail if it doesn't happen. Also, no Ape Escape :/

iceatcs said:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4703217355_15da1397f8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Heh, that's kinda cool actually.

Jax said:
maybe move control can still be implemented. We'll see (for deadspace).

btw: re5 + free extraction + heavy rain... getting move would enable me to play/replay 3 games just by getting it. (i own RE5+HR)

and the timecrisis bundle. nicee!

quite a great value proposition

Do you have RE5 Gold Edition? :/

Haunted

Hydrargyrus said:
PlayStation Move + PS Eye + Starter Disc: 59,99 euros.
sold!

See that, companies? It only takes one properly done conversion from dollars to Euros and I'm on board. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The starter disc in euro land is only demos, not Sports Champions. However, I really think SCEA should do the same thing to reduce the perceived 'starter price' on the shelves, in particular for people who already own games getting patches and what-not.

Speaking of which, I wonder if flower is still getting an update or not.

(Oh and that Time Crisis bundle is a sweet surprise!)

Xater

gofreak said:
The starter disc in euro land is only demos, not Sports Champions. However, I really think SCEA should do the same thing to reduce the perceived 'starter price' on the shelves, in particular for people who already own games getting patches and what-not.

Speaking of which, I wonder if flower is still getting an update or not.

(Oh and that Time Crisis bundle is a sweet surprise!)

That's perfect because I don't want to pay for that stupid mini-game collection.

Man

Would be so cool if they got a demo of sorcery on that Starter disc. Even if very early code/polish that would probably help market the game better than any standard marketing campaign.

Yoboman

Stumpokapow said:
Removing stuff that really looks like it wouldn't appeal to anyone on GAF under any conditions, and removing games that are being retroactively patched (because presumably you bought them already if you were interested):

Pretty solid list of titles, honestly.

I don't think it's quiiiite enough to convince me to buy in (price is a little too high; assuming I get the Sports Champions bundle, two sub controllers, and an extra Move, I'm at a little over $200 taxes inc), but I could easily see me picking it up by the end of next year for sure.

Here are some buy-in prices for people who are curious;

1. You already have a PS Eye
- $80 for one player
- $130 for one player with second Move for games that support it
- $160 for two players (2 move + 2 sub)
- $320 for four players (4 move + 4 sub)

2. You don't have a PS Eye
- $130 for one player (including Sports Champion)
- $180 for one player with second Move for games that support it
- $210 for two players (2 move + 2 sub)
- $370 for four players (4 move + 4 sub)
Yeah nobody would ever spend a lot on peripherals, what are they thinking!:lol

jax (old)

Banned
Guardian Bob said:
Do you have RE5 Gold Edition? :/

why does that sound like a problem?

Its a great package. All the DLC + whatnot with it. If it gets patched, this title's value in terms of what you get for you dollar, is going to be so amazing.

I already have the PSEye (via EyePet bundle) for videochat and several features in games.
I don't intend to buy the quite expensive sub controllers but I will just use my two DualShocks controllers. Will look a bit silly and probably not very ergonomic but saves me money.

So for me it will only be <40€, though I need two of them for multiplayer and more importantly the cool two-stick stuff in some single-player games (= <80€). Is there a list for games with dual-Move support? Maybe I can wait before buying the second one/let my buddy bring his over for mp only at first.

Hopefully there will be some small price reductions if not many people preorder them plus it may be cheaper via UK import (or any country in the word actually if it's cheaper there, will work with any PS3).

On the software-side I already have available:
- EyePet (which will probably use most of Move's features because they bascially do the same thing already just with this plastic square thing. Plus you can then draw directly on the TV, no paper needed anymore. I also still need to finish some events)
- Heavy Rain (didn't do a complete second playthrough yet for the evil ending. Should be even nice with Move)
- PAIN
- High Velocity Bowling (1:1 bowling?)
- Hustle Kings (1:1 billiard?)

these plus maybe some PSN demos should keep me busy for a while in regards of gaming with Move.

btw. can 3 players each use sub controller/DS3 + Move? The PS3 can handle up to 7 controllers/Bluetooth devices.

klee123 said:

Dead Storm Pirates
Time Crisis 4.

OH.MY.GOD

Haunted

gofreak said:
oh, hm.

Well, it's still 10€ cheaper than if bought on their own. I would even consider an 80€ bundle if they'd include the nunchuck.

Haunted said:
sold!

See that, companies? It only takes one properly done conversion from dollars to Euros and I'm on board. :lol

Still, the nav costs 30 fucking euros. Not sold until they drop the price on that cheap piece of plastic.

fortified_concept said:
Still, the nav costs 30 fucking euros. Not sold until they drop the price on that cheap piece of plastic.

use your PS3 controller instead for free.

btw from the eu blog:
All of the demos on the starter disc will be available as free downloads from PlayStation Store at launch.
:)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Haunted said:
sold!

Indeed, that's a fair price. If they'd gone the $99 = €99 route, I wouldn't have cared at all. But €59 + €29 for the Nav controller? Consider me slightly interested.

ymmv

Banned
Smokey said:
I may actually get this since it is being supported by good games.

Kinetic can go fuck itself, Sony has outdone MS on this one.

This is how I feel as well. The Kinect hardware won't get any use outside of casual games. The Move controllers are suitable for both casual and core games. I'm excited about the Dead Space Special Edition because it will have an HD port of DS: Extraction with Move support. I really want to try that.

RpgN

Heavy Rain
High Velocity
PAIN
Eye Pet
Resident Evil®5 Gold Edition

I own those games so, it's nice to have them supported and test that thing out before buying any new games. But about RE, I have the RE5 one and not the Gold Edition, the normal one will be patched too right?

Sly Collection
SingStar® Dance
LittleBigPlanet? 2
Time Crisis: Razing Storm

I'm slightly interested in those games along with Sorcery, hopefully Sorcery will come 2011 early...

Bradach

RpgN said:
the normal one will be patched too right?

I'm 99% sure that the normal one won't be patched. That's what the said at a briefing last year. Just the gold edition :( (i have the 'old' RE5 as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom