• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Move's 2010 launch lineup (31 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Annnd, interestingly, apparently the update for the original LBP is still on the cards, for launch.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266109/little-big-planet-2-due-in-nov-move-support-confirmed

The original Little Big Planet has sold over 3 million copies to date. Sony Computer Entertainment American vice president Scott Rohde confirmed to GameSpot that it too will support the Move controller when the system arrives November 4. The game will receive the update in the form of a software update.

Course, the date seems to have been confused with Kinect's. But, I wonder how this will work...will it be DLC that includes that new 'pointer' material in the TGS demo?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Line up is a lot more varied and robust than I though.
Hope it grows and grows.

That Namco Shooter collection? Bad ass.

sillik

Banned
Sony's direction with move has instilled me with enough faith to pick it up when KZ3 drops. I'm not a fan of waggle, but with sony its obvious that the peripheral is complementing the hardcore focus, not assimilating it.

Metal Gear: Rising is soooo going to support Move. We just don't know about it yet, because we don't know much about Rising at all yet.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I played with the Pong and Archery along with Time Crisis.

It's crazy accurate, I'm buying the Sports bundle day 1.

Rapstah

g35twinturbo said:
I played with the Pong and Archery along with Time Crisis.

It's crazy accurate, I'm buying the Sports bundle day 1.
I was like "WHAT, MOVE PONG, WHY DIDN'T I HEAR THIS SHIT" until I realized you were talking about table tennis. Dang.

About the table tennis, could you set it spinning with the racket so that it went flying when it landed (what the hell do you call that anyway)?

RpgN

Bradach said:
I'm 99% sure that the normal one won't be patched. That's what the said at a briefing last year. Just the gold edition :( (i have the 'old' RE5 as well)

What? That doesn't make any freaking sense. What kind of bitchy move is that? I don't see any reason why only the gold edition of residant evil 5 might be patched. They're the same game excluding the DLCs. This doesn't make any sense....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
RpgN said:
What? That doesn't make any freaking sense. What kind of bitchy move is that? I don't see any reason why only the gold edition of residant evil 5 might be patched. They're the same game excluding the DLCs. This doesn't make any sense....

They're trying to justify it by saying that they've actually made non-negligible changes for the move version in the gold edition, to suit the controls. I have my doubts too but that's the official line...

cakefoo

Video of the Best Buy preview event - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ffl_k2PFUg

They got user reactions after playing. Hands-on experiences and word of mouth will definitely do the trick so that this thing doesn't get mislabeled a Wii clone. Guys, girls, young kids, and even moms were praising it for being more accurate than the Wii.

Norml

cakefoo said:
Video of the Best Buy preview event - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ffl_k2PFUg

They got user reactions after playing. Hands-on experiences and word of mouth will definitely do the trick so that this thing doesn't get mislabeled a Wii clone. Guys, girls, young kids, and even moms were praising it for being more accurate than the Wii.

hmm, the one guy said he is glad it uses XMB.I wonder if he meant motion control for it?

Averon

cakefoo said:

Smart of Sony to build positive word of mouth early. Word of mouth will probably be one of the biggest factors in whether the Move succeeds or bombs.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
cakefoo said:

haha.. they need to do this in more places. Hire my nephews sony they would do it for free :)

noah111

Still Alive
cakefoo said:

I have a feeling Sony is gonna hit the ball out of the park this time with marketing, seriously.

With all the Coca Cola shit and already great ads, this just might succeed.. only thing in the way is the price, and even that isn't horrible.

jiggle

is the demo station in all bestbuy?
i wanna try out the bow and arrow game
REALLY hoping aiming in game is easier with move

SSJ1Goku

Banned
cakefoo said:

OH SHIT!!!!!!! They made the idea I had for a fly eating game into a move game, my idea was using face tracking but this is good too. Damn not bad.

EDIT: I called it, people don't give a damn about the orb. If anything it has become the strongest marketing point.

Elios83

Move is a bit too pricey, I'm not into casual games and to play hardcore games I should buy the navigation controller too to get the best experience, which means 130€.
I'm waiting for more important core games to support it before buying it, the first Move KA for me will be Killzone 3 and maybe by the time it hits the market more games will be announced with Move support (ex. MGS Rising and other stuff, Sorcery was nice too).

I actually really like the look of Tumble. Tower building with the wand. It's a bit tech-demoey but still a simple and effective idea I think.

spwolf

Elios83 said:
Move is a bit too pricey, I'm not into casual games and to play hardcore games I should buy the navigation controller too to get the best experience, which means 130€.
I'm waiting for more important core games to support it before buying it, the first Move KA for me will be Killzone 3 and maybe by the time it hits the market more games will be announced with Move support (ex. MGS Rising and other stuff, Sorcery was nice too).

did you even check european pricing first? Its not 130 Euros with navigation controller.

Elios83

spwolf said:
did you even check european pricing first? Its not 130 Euros with navigation controller.

No actually I've just assumed it's the same of usd in euros :lol
How much is it for the bundle+nav. controller?

I really have to eat crow with the Move. I thought MS was going to blow Sony out of the water this E3 with Natal. But clearly not.

I think the Move Party game with its crazy-accurate augmented reality will be a massive hit if they can get it in people's hands to try in shopping centres etc.

Sony really has to bring it with the Move support though. Not just patches and standard games supporting it, but more stuff from the likes of Sorcery to Move Party - games built from the ground up specifically for Move only.

spwolf

Elios83 said:
No actually I've just assumed it's the same of usd in euros :lol
How much is it for the bundle+nav. controller?

its 90 Euros... But you can already get PSEye for cheaper bundled with game...

Elios83

spwolf said:
its 90 Euros... But you can already get PSEye for cheaper bundled with game...

Yeah! That's really good, I'm reading it right now :D That's because we don't get the sports game but a demo disc.
I think SCEA should have done the same.........having a 59-69$ price for the Eye Toy+Move bundle is more important than a full bundle at 100$.

So it's basically 90€........I could buy it when Killzone 3 is released, definetly not this year considering the lineup.

Lawr.

Neo Member
hxa155 said:
I like the fact that Move-only games will be $39.99.

if true = win! did they mention this during the press conference? (haven't watched it yet, only read the Engadget liveblog)

noah111

Still Alive
jiggle said:
what's the cheapest place to get eyetoy now?
amazon has it at 32.......

eyepet is 59.99
this can't be right can it?
i thought all sony ones supposed to be 39.99?
Are you browsing UK or US Amazon? Already released elsewhere so.. but seriously, It's $30 for Eyepet in UK, and with the PS Eye they sell it for 50 bucks.. I mean wtf? Yet the PS Eye is still $35-40.

Yet they are going to sell Eyepet for $40 i'm sure and have a PS Eye/Move bundle for $99? Just doesn't make sense, the camera should be 20-25 in bundles tbh. Also, looking at all the games on their website, many of them require a Nav controller, which is ridiculous since you'll need to buy it separate anyway. They should include the Nav in the $99 bundle before launch, mistake otherwise imo..

Lawr. said:
if true = win! did they mention this during the press conference? (haven't watched it yet, only read the Engadget liveblog)
I am pretty sure they did mention that Move only games will be $39, just don't get that confused with games that support Move. :lol

Man

Lawr. said:
Move-only 1st party titles will indeed sell for $39.

I'd put my expectations for any other japanese MOVE games like Ape Escape on TGS.

I cant wait to see japanese take advantage of this. Time Crisis RS & Sorcery has already sold me on it, give me a fully true PS3 Ape Escape sequel with MOVE and it'll be the icing on the cake.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Heavy Rain supporting Move is a dream come true for me. But that trailer made me kind of ehhhh about it.

Either way, thank you Quantic Dream and Sony for that.

GeeDuhb

Pretty solid list, I guess. Nice diversity. Not really a launch game the grabs my attention, but I'm sure I will still enjoy it.

Oni Jazar

cakefoo said:

Holy shit one of the guys has EIGHT PS3s?!?! Damn you can't even game share with all of that.

Oh and LOL at the kid getting "bribed" for his "9/10" impressions.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Skiesofwonder said:
Heavy Rain supporting Move is a dream come true for me. But that trailer made me kind of ehhhh about it.

Either way, thank you Quantic Dream and Sony for that.

But it's just like the orginal game. What's so ehhhh about it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Monty Mole said:
I actually really like the look of Tumble. Tower building with the wand. It's a bit tech-demoey but still a simple and effective idea I think.

I'm all about tech demos. Every hardware launch ever has like 10-20 tech demos that are fun enough and have enough game behind them to justify a $5-10 downloadable, but not enough to justify a retail game so they never get released. This is the first generation where it's feasible to release them! :D

Future

Weak lineup really. Games at E3 were somewhat weak as well.

Not sure why people are excited for controller designed games being retro fitted for the controller either. Like thats gonna deliver anything beyond expectations. The most interesting thing they showed saw the Wizard game, and thats not till 2011

Ploid 3.0

SSJ1Goku said:
OH SHIT!!!!!!! They made the idea I had for a fly eating game into a move game, my idea was using face tracking but this is good too. Damn not bad.

EDIT: I called it, people don't give a damn about the orb. If anything it has become the strongest marketing point.

I like the orb, I like how it can be used as a gameplay device (orb change blue, you can only attack blue themed enemies, or fire enemies. Attack water enemies and you'll heal them). Could be pretty sweet for a rpg, or arpg. If your character has random power and the orb tells you which element is granted the power boost it would keep you alert and add to your involvement with the rpg.

dallow_bg said:
I liked it too, surprisingly enough.

Casting looked very satisfying.

Sorcery sold me not really because of the game but how perfect the controller actually worked. He was able to layer movements one on top of the other and the game responded immediately. He never had to stop and start or hold it at a different angle he was just playing the game. Once I saw that I was completely sold.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
cakefoo said:

Such a great video to watch. I'm glad many people seem to like the MOVE. I starting to feel like a Wii gamer. I actually like motion controls now (depending on the game of course). I can't wait to see what Sega does with Virtua Tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom