• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Move's 2010 launch lineup (31 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this yesterday. I wonder if you can dial the PSEYE to 320x240 at 120 frames for the Move. I don't think it'll work but it hasn't been really answered I think.

Whatever the case with the final ms of latency they say there is that Move incurs, visible lag is there when you look at the visual of something tracked, like the arm for the main character in Sorcerer, but the act of casting magic shots is gesture-based and seems instantaneous enough. So, the arm movement doesn't look very instant, but it does seem to track mostly 1:1 albeit delayed and jumpy, going from point to point to keep up. Same held true for Tiger and other demoed Move stuff. No different in a lot of ways to Wii titles that look for key motions and act in-game with a set effect and/or animation but visibly lag behind when trying to keep an on-screen arm or virtual tool in sync with the player. It may mimic their motions 1:1 on some level, but it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with doing it at the very same time when having to visually move something on-screen in tune with it. It's only when something goes beyond moving a cursor or gesture-invoked stuff that this lag seems to be really apparent in all of the Move stuff I've seen. Again, no different to Wii, even if it's more accurate across more situations and seems to lag a little less.

soco

gofreak said:
Marks and his team have shown the media before the raw debug data for Move during demos, showing latency, and that stuff showed the latency hovering around the 20ms mark. Now, you can claim they're faking that debug output, but I've a bit more trust in the technical integrity of those guys. Plus, it's entirely plausible...your last paragraph makes no sense with a setup that captures at 60 or 120hz. Eye captures at a minimum at 60hz - 16ms, meaning a max of 16ms between the time you make a movement and the camera captures it. Time to do the processing on Cell is I'm sure negligible..the processing's relatively trivial, and a spu is a beast for image processing. 22ms total between these two process is quite plausible. Don't conflate application lag with lag from the controller.

i think you're oversimplifying, but hey, let's just say i'm wrong and call it day.

Man said:
Hey guys, hey guys...

There are 0 work out titles in that list. Who would have thought.

if sony makes a sequel to Kinetic (the EyeToy workout game, not to be confused with the natal name that MS ripped off) i would definitely buy. i had a great time with Kinetic and my gf loved it too. actually felt sore the day after we played each time.

i think there was a euro-only sequel to Kinetic but we need a PS3/Move version STAT. punching invisible bricks and dodging electro-monkey-probes? hell yes.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1QbULs3pn4

Massa

So... Heavy Rain "Move Edition"? A brand new game? Really hoping it's a free patch.

Crakatak187 said:
I posted this yesterday. I wonder if you can dial the PSEYE to 320x240 at 120 frames for the Move. I don't think it'll work but it hasn't been really answered I think.

That's really up to the developer to define.

Baki

Tmac said:
Move is like the ugly duckling for me. Out of all motion solutions it looked like, by far, the worst. Now it's the oposite. Its look much better than its rivals, with the right games it can deff work.

Im totally surprised with move.

And sorcery looked pretty good, lot of potential there.

Yay..A fellow sorcery fan. After MS conference, I feared the worse for Sony's. But thankfully my fears were unwarranted. Not only did SCE keep the MOVE stuff pretty brief, but the stuff they showed was pretty intriguing.

JWong

Banned
I think the pricing is smart.

To separate Move from the Navicon for pricing is smart.

Singleplayer adventure games will use both, while multiplayer party games only need Move.

This empowers consumer to make choices for themselves. Buy a set of Move+Navicon, then just buy three more Moves for casual games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BomberMouse said:
I don't see "Under Siege" on that list :(, that game looked great

The devs are actually on GAF, so they might chime in at some point. But the list is missing titles, so I wouldn't worry...

Carl

After Sony's conference today, i am very tempted.

Lots of "real" games with seemingly good integration.

That's hard to say from a waggle hater

cakefoo

MightyHedgehog said:
Whatever the case with the final ms of latency they say there is that Move incurs, visible lag is there when you look at the visual of something tracked, like the arm for the main character in Sorcerer, but the act of casting magic shots is gesture-based and seems instantaneous enough. So, the arm movement doesn't look very instant, but it does seem to track mostly 1:1 albeit delayed and jumpy, going from point to point to keep up. Same held true for Tiger and other demoed Move stuff. No different in a lot of ways to Wii titles that look for key motions and act in-game with a set effect and/or animation but visibly lag behind when trying to keep an on-screen arm or virtual tool in sync with the player. It may mimic their motions 1:1 on some level, but it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with doing it at the very same time when having to visually move something on-screen in tune with it. It's only when something goes beyond moving a cursor or gesture-invoked stuff that this lag seems to be really apparent in all of the Move stuff I've seen. Again, no different to Wii, even if it's more accurate across more situations and seems to lag a little less.
All the scenarios you described were during moments in-between the action, moments in which your inputs don't have any gameplay effect, and in games that don't give you full 1:1 because they'd be too hard/wouldn't benefit from it. Those games were semi-1:1 and gesture based. They're also third person games. If you've noticed by watching the robot puppeteer tech demos, the elbows aren't being tracked, so the arms look silly. Instead of having to watch your arms look silly and gimpy in a commercial third person action/sports game for tens of hours, the game is going to want to filter the data and animations so they look more natural, and this will come at the loss of complete 1:1 control. As long as it's not sacrificing gameplay, there's no problem.

obligatory augmentedrealityswordtoss.gif

jax (old)

Banned
I think the thing it has going from it from that list is the fact that there's PSN titles that you can just jump online download and buy, and play. That's bloody awesome.

RE: RE5 GOLD.

boxart_us_resident-evil-5-gold-edition.jpg

is move control going to be patched in? I already own the bluray for this. If yes = FULL OF WIN

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lawr. said:
add Child of Eden to the list! also Move enabled

Unless that's belatedly been announced, it's not unfortunately. There was no mention of move support in the PR for it.

caliblue15 said:
Move is way too expensive for people who already have a PS3 Eye.

The Bundle is $100.

Well if you take my eye at $40 plus controller $50 that's $90, and the bundle gets a game that's $40.

Way to screw me over Sony. I'm better off selling my Eye, and buying the bundle. I'll still need another controller, and that's $50. Then another $30 for the games that use the subcontroller.

That's $180 just to make it playable. Or I could just go buy a wii which is one player playable for $20 more.

So people that want a wii like experience pay and extra $180 on top of the extra $100 the PS3 costs over the wii.

The titles are really cool and make me want one, but the price is setting me back, even if it is the same cost as a wii remote with wii motion plus.

lol..

Wii mote $39.99,Wii nun chuck $19.99,Wii motion + $19.99 a complete controller for the Wii is just that $80.

Here is and option for you,sell your camera for $20,buy a bundle of $99 and buy the subcontroller,total investment minus the $20 you make for your camera $110.

Once again problem solution..:D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Laguna X said:
I'm not a fan of the franchise, but I hope the Tiger Woods golf game delivers.

I do as well, but I already have TW 11 for Wii and it has less lag than the demo of the Move version shown today. I was stunned at how bad it was.

Takao

Banned
Please don't be bad Heroes On The Move, please don't be bad...

It's going to be horrible isn't it?

Hey, where's Ape Escape? I don't trust that sketchy twitter account either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
painful fart said:
[/B]

Those configurations are not possible. If there are four players they can only have one move controler each, no sub.

So
1. $200 for four players (4 move)
2. $230 for four players (4 move)

Really?! Woah. So I guess four player local co-op of move+move or move+sub (slash apparently move+ds I am truly blown away that anyone feels that's viable but okay) isn't possible?

Interesting.

Raistlin

I wasn't expecting this much decent content so soon. I think I'll actually buy at launch.

I haven't purchased Heavy Rain yet due to a backlog, and I must say ... the vid completely sold me on Move even if none of the other stuff did (though it did).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jax said:
I think the thing it has going from it from that list is the fact that there's PSN titles that you can just jump online download and buy, and play. That's bloody awesome.

RE: RE5 GOLD.

boxart_us_resident-evil-5-gold-edition.jpg

is move control going to be patched in? I already own the bluray for this. If yes = FULL OF WIN

So awesome. Will buy.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Stumpokapow said:
Really?! Woah. So I guess four player local co-op of move+move or move+sub (slash apparently move+ds I am truly blown away that anyone feels that's viable but okay) isn't possible?

Interesting.
actually, it should almost be. im pretty sure the ps3 recognizes up to 7 controllers

I hope we can still opt to use a Dualshock 3 instead of the nav controller...I'll buy one eventually but $30 is too much when I gotta buy a couple wands also.

noah111

Still Alive
Stumpokapow said:

Interesting.
Pointless really, plus it's 8 ontrollers right there. What game would even need four Moves/Navs anyway? Hell I have yet to see the games with four Moves tbh.. Buy 4 Moves, 2 Navs max, though realistically only two Moves and 1 Nav should serve you just fine.

beast786

belvedere said:
So glad it's not completely shovelware.

Also surprised about Time Crisis, it looks pretty damn cool.

Now get a better bundle and this thing has a decent chance.

Talked to the rep and played the game.

The game will have Multiplayer mode. And already has a Co-OP.

He said there is going to be an attachment to the move to make it look like a gun. The game felt exactly like playing with Light fun in TC4.

gofreak said:
They omitted Dead Space Extraction, but IIRC that was confirmed for Move during the conference too (?)

Confirmed in that if you buy Dead Space 2 for PS3...you get Extraction for free. They didn't mention if it'll be sold separately.

Lawr.

Neo Member
gofreak said:
Unless that's belatedly been announced, it's not unfortunately. There was no mention of move support in the PR for it.

huh, yeah I just double checked, there's only one article that claims confirmation of Move support. everyone else says there was no mention. doh!

I would assume Move is coming later for CoE. Would be strange for that game to be signed to Kinect exclusivity, yet only show at the Ubi conference and not MS. MS or Ubi should be tooting their horn about their exclusivity deal if there is one.

noah111

Still Alive
beast786 said:
He said there is going to be an attachment to the move to make it look like a gun. The game felt exactly like playing with Light fun in TC4.
How will they manage that? You know, with the ball and everything.. :d

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sentry said:
How will they manage that? You know, with the ball and everything.. :d

The ball pops out the front. There's a photo floating around, it looks rather retro-futuristic ray-gun-ish, if that makes sense.

Mad_Ban said:
Needs more fitness and dance games. :p

Seriously that's a decent looking list though nothing personally stands out apart from LBP2 and maybe Sorcery.
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I would agree with that statement no matter what.

Also, for "Launch" titles there's a lot of stuff on there that is more "We're adding Move support into this existing product" than "We're releasing this game for this product." I dunno, it feels like they're fluffing the lineup.

gcubed

when they showed dead space 2 i was hoping HOPING they announced move support, god i would love it in that game... not sure how viable it is in other genres, but one things playing on the wii has taught me is that shooters benefit from motion control

beast786 said:
Talked to the rep and played the game.

The game will have Multiplayer mode. And already has a Co-OP.

As a huge Time Crisis fan... Im melting like butter after this. sold! sold!! SOLD!!!

DMeisterJ

Banned
gcubed said:
when they showed dead space 2 i was hoping HOPING they announced move support, god i would love it in that game... not sure how viable it is in other genres, but one things playing on the wii has taught me is that shooters benefit from motion control
I was right there with ya.

hard for me to really evaluate this list.

most of those games are games that simply will work with Move...but are not designed for it, per say. more like fitted for compatibility. in those cases, I think most will choose standard controllers where no lag and better precision are found.

how many Move-only games are there? because for the ~$130 a normal setup will cost, there need to be good games I can experience ONLY with Move. it's not enough for me to just offer an alternative way to play. that won't stand the test of time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Tormentoso said:
Wii mote $39.99,Wii nun chuck $19.99,Wii motion + $19.99 a complete controller for the Wii is just that $80.

Someone with a Wii already has a Wiimote and Nunchuk, and the Motion+ comes with every game that requires it; moreover, only a half-dozen games use M+. You didn't include the cost of a sandwich either.

Kogepan

Stumpokapow said:
Someone with a Wii already has a Wiimote and Nunchuk, and the Motion+ comes with every game that requires it; moreover, only a half-dozen games use M+. You didn't include the cost of a sandwich either.

so do you include the cost of the Nintendo Wii Classic controller pro as well on the Nintendo side? I mean the PS3 DOES come with a dualshock 3.

Brashnir

soco said:
i seriously doubt the 22ms number, especially from the demos today. it was as bad if not worse than natal in both of the demos.

the camera processing is always going to be at least a frame behind. the total processing time may be miniscule, but from the actual occurance of the movement to the image processing, and calculation it'll be at least a frame.

Just watch the sorcerer stage demo. It's at least 4 frames behind. That's not a criticism of the tech, really, since doing any better than that is pretty much impossible, but there's a definite delay between wand move and charter move onscreen -- without needing to slow the footage down to see it.

Anyone who doesn't see it simply doesn't want to see it.

hxa155

Surprised not to see Ape Escape as it was announced a while ago. It is a SCEJ game so I guess we'll see it in Famitsu or/and TGS.

Also, whatever happened to that horror/thriller game?

DMeisterJ said:
It's not comfortable or viable for you.

I'm fine with holding the DS3 and Move together. Considering I (like most) play sitting down, the DS3 and Move will rest in my lap. No uncomfortability and 100% viable

I'm going to go ahead and guess the number of times you've actually held Move is hovering around the 0 mark.

I mean, it's totally cool that you believe that and all, but it strikes me as crazy for someone who has never used it to be saying that.

Anyway, while I will admit I'm not super interested in Move, that Sorcerer game did look interesting. I'd be up for more games using the technology like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom