• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Announces Platinum Hits Quattro Pack (GT5, GoW3, KZ3, U2): Greatest Box Art Ever

baekshi

Banned
RJRTd.png

i did buy this day 1

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I actually hesitated when opening this thread after reading the title.

I shouldn't have opened it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't understand how you can oppose the death penalty after seeing an abomination like this.

Nizz

Probably. It's been $19.99 on Amazon.com for a while. You should go ahead and pick up a copy before they change the box art.
It's a little more than that on Amazon but I just checked Newegg and they had it there for $19.99 and free shipping so I pulled the trigger.

That's probably the best price I'll see for this game for a while.

Haunted

That is the worst GH boxart I've ever seen. And I say that as someone who has defended Dawn of Sorrow Greatest Hits.

This is indefensible.

Alphahawk

Why put the "greatest hits" versions of the box art on the cover. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the original box art on the cover? That way, some soccer mom can think they're getting a bigger discount than they actually are...

JJD

I bet you can pay less if you buy the 4 games separately.

Also, any word on how many Blu ray discs are shipping with this collection?

Remfin

As funny as this is, why are people assuming this is the "box art"? The Amazon page shows the 4 separate boxes, so all this is is the art of the container box you're going to throw out anyway. Who cares how ugly it is, because it's not going to be sitting on anyone's shelf once it's bought.

Mxrz

Didn't realize KZ3 was headed for Greatest Hits, going to pick up a copy myself.

Terrible Boxart, but if they price it low enough it should be an incredible deal. It seems like something they should have had out for the holiday season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was thinking there was going to be some weird Schick razor tie-in before I clicked on the thread.

This is even more bizarre than that, hilarious.

Zoda

Neo Member
Damn!!! So is this in one 4-disc case? Cuz I could use one of those for my GoW HD discs...

Also the cover is amazing, captures the essence of every game perfectly. Yellow was a bold but sensible choice, and I applaud them for taking such a risk.

What everyone, but in particular Sony, can learn from Nintendo.

Twilight-Princess-Nintendo-Selects.jpg

That's fucking tasteful if anything.
I like that it only affects the front cover as well - the only indicator on the spine is the medal logo.

Contrast that to the GameCube with its ugly yellow scheme for Player's Choice clashing with the black spines on non-PC games. At least with PS2 it was red/black, which didn't look too bad.

Top Bottom