• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Playstation Classic Console

onlyoneno1

The idea and the pricing is great, but 20 games is just not enough. There are at least 50 games for the PS1 that deserve a 9/10 score or higher. I just hope that Sony doesn't plan on offering pricy game packs to be uploaded through USB (or new PS1 consoles with new preuploaded games).

Shusshhhhh... Don't give them ideas

Pallas

Just gonna give my guess on the other 15 games (since it's the hot thing to do)

6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
8. Final Fantasy Tactics
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
10. Mega Man Legends
11. Legend of Dragoon
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Crash Bandicoot 2
14. Spyro the Dragon
15. Tomb Raider
16. Abe's Odyssey
17. Xenogears
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
19. Hot Shot's Golf
20. Jet Moto 2
Not sure how to feel about this but I preordered anyways. This is my list of games that will hopefully be included:

6. Final Fantasy VIII
7. SaGa Frontier
8. Xenogears
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Revelations: Persona
11. Silent Hill
12. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
13. Resident Evil 3
14. Parasite Eve
15. Parasite Eve II
16. Chrono Cross
17. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
18. Soul Blade
19. Rival Schools
20. Vagrant Story

Those sound really nice! I’ll try and see how many I can guess lol

6. MGS
7. Crash bandicoot
8. Crash B. 2
9. Wipeout
10. Warhawk
11. Tomb Raider
12. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
13. Silent Hill
14. Driver
15. Oddworld
16. Syphon Filter
17. Tetris Plus
18. Street Fighter Alpha 3
19. Reel Fishing
20. Need for Speed III

Last edited:

ar0s

Not interested at that price.

Even with the SNES and NES drops to £70 and £50 I still have not been able to convince myself to buy those!

This kind of thing badly needs to be portable as the games do not look good on a modern TV and do not play particularly well with all focus on them without something in the background.

If it had 50+ games I would maybe be interested. That said, with all of my physical collection potentially added to the SNES one I have not bought that so who knows.

I look forward to seeing them at car boots for a fiver most of all.

Humdinger

Gold Member
This may have been posted already, or perhaps obvious to some, but

PlayStation Classic Won’t Add Games Post-Launch

"More news about PlayStation Classic are coming day after day, and IGN US has managed to obtain some of them contacting Sony directly via email – with the topic being the selection of the games, the possibility that more titles could be added post launch and trophies.

"The news are not as great as one could’ve hoped, but to be honest they’re quite predictable. As with Nintendo’s NES and SNES Mini, PlayStation Classic won’t allow to add more games after the release and won’t be connected to the net.

"There are no plans to bring new content to PlayStation Classic post-launch," a PlayStation spokesperson said. And the same goes with the trophies, which are not going to be added on top of the existing classic titles."

https://www.gamepur.com/news/29840-playstation-classic-add-games-post-launch-trophies.html

KiteGr

This may have been posted already, or perhaps obvious to some, but

PlayStation Classic Won’t Add Games Post-Launch

"More news about PlayStation Classic are coming day after day, and IGN US has managed to obtain some of them contacting Sony directly via email – with the topic being the selection of the games, the possibility that more titles could be added post launch and trophies.

"The news are not as great as one could’ve hoped, but to be honest they’re quite predictable. As with Nintendo’s NES and SNES Mini, PlayStation Classic won’t allow to add more games after the release and won’t be connected to the net.

"There are no plans to bring new content to PlayStation Classic post-launch," a PlayStation spokesperson said. And the same goes with the trophies, which are not going to be added on top of the existing classic titles."

https://www.gamepur.com/news/29840-playstation-classic-add-games-post-launch-trophies.html
MjAxMi05MDlhMWNkOGRkNmE0NWNl.png

Had my hopes up for a moment there....

Drac84

Personal Dream list:
FF VII
Tekken 3
Gran Turismo
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Resi 2
Need for speed hot pursuit
MGS
Croc
Siphon Filter
Tenchu Stealth Assassins
Tomb Raider
Suikoden 2
Castlvania SOTN
Harvest Moon BTN
Grand Theft Auto
Populous The Begining
Theme Hospital
Driver
Silent Hill
Alundra

Ishma3L

First Post!

My submission for the possibly included games list:

Confirmed:
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 3
Jumping Flash
Ridge Racer 4

Speculation:
Metal Gear Solid
Tomba! 2
Driver
Tomb Raider (I or 2)
Twisted Metal 3
Siphon Filter
Intelligent Cube
Castlevania SOTN
Tobal 2
Worms Armageddon
Silent Hill
Tony Hawk (1 or 2)
Legend of Dragoon or Star Ocean: The Second Story
Einhander
PaRappa the Rapper

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The real list wont be better than mine!

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Twisted Metal 2
Descent
Re-Loaded
Final Fantasy IX

Soul Blade
Tekken
Tekken 2
Marvel VS Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Einhander

Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 3

Jumping Flash
Ridge Racer 4
Grand Theft Auto
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

It still blows my mind we don't have the list yet... They already are making them by now wouldn't they be?

Also doesn't the Sotn PS4 release kinda mean it won't be in this?

Last edited:

Nowi

Neo Member
-(Rather) Realist:
FF VII
Wild Arms
Tekken 3
Jumping Flash
Ridge Racer 4
Parappa the Rapper
Medievil
Crash
Spyro
Destruction Derby
Syphon Filter
Resident Evil 2
MGS
Castlevania SOTN
Rockman X4
Wipeout
Crash Team Racing
Tomba
Tomb Raider 2
Arc the Lad

-Super unrealistic never gonna happen because of licensing and just no:
FF VII
Wild Arms
Tekken 3
Jumping Flash
Ridge Racer 4
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy Tactics
MGS
Castlevania SOTN
Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile
Suikoden II
Vib Ribbon (Sorry I'm not sorry)
Super Robot Taisen Alpha
Rockman X4
Tomba
Alundra
Klonoa

n0razi

The idea and the pricing is great, but 20 games is just not enough. There are at least 50 games for the PS1 that deserve a 9/10 score or higher. I just hope that Sony doesn't plan on offering pricy game packs to be uploaded through USB (or new PS1 consoles with new preuploaded games).

My guess is due to the size of PS1 games which are around 100mb-600mb on average with the multi CD games like FF7 being over a gigabyte. NES, SNES, and even N64 games are tiny so Nintendo can buy cheapo memory for pennies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
usb
1997 demo disc tiles will be the menu
Does it have the manta ray one and/or the psychedelic demo that changes to the music you play that was made by Psygnosis?

If so, I need to find an acid dealer again.

Last edited:
It still blows my mind we don't have the list yet... They already are making them by now wouldn't they be?

Also doesn't the Sotn PS4 release kinda mean it won't be in this?

It really is odd considering they show PS4 titles multiple years ahead of release and yet here we are with just over a month to go and no confirmation list of titles. I guess they just assume it's going to sell out regardless.

ChildActress

Neo Member
There is going to be a Megaman game I am assuming

X-4 most likely
Resident Evil 2 will be on this because of the NA rating

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So are they actually going to announce the game list yet? This thing releases in about 5 weeks.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just tekken 3 and ridge racer 4 got me to preorder . I wish the controllers were wireless though

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It really is odd considering they show PS4 titles multiple years ahead of release and yet here we are with just over a month to go and no confirmation list of titles. I guess they just assume it's going to sell out regardless.

It’s probably because the list ain’t that interesting.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Probably under an embargo until after they've taken your money then on release day you find games like Busby 3D and Resident Evil Survivor...

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Probably under an embargo until after they've taken your money then on release day you find games like Busby 3D and Resident Evil Survivor...
What could pawssibly go wrong with the game that won the Gold X award from PSExtreme?

*wonders if they'll make a PSOne Classic with proper controllers*

I do get the feeling that this first release will be packed with eh level games and a few stars just because everyone will buy it regardless and they'll save the good stuff for the smaller reboot next year. You know Sony, if its good news they trumpet it from the rooftops and if its bad they act like this:

And in this case the silence speaks volumes.

Dthomp

You’ll get the list, as you’re reading the back of the $100 unit you get, and not one second sooner. Just be happy Sony hasn’t gone over these games with their new censorship comb of shame. You wanna take Aeris out at the gold saucer? Tough she looks too young, whole segment removed

They have a product for that. It's called the 360... I mean pstv.

That was the most surprising part about all of this after the stores were clearing out PSTVs for 20 bucks I'd have expected Sony to get their lateral think on with that withered tech and wrap it in a PS1 skin, bundle a controller and resell it as a PS1 Mini that allowed people to download games from PSN. Who knows, that may still be the case and this may be why they are staying tight lipped about the games but I doubt it. All I know is the Hooters game better be on there *shakes fist* *waitress shakes titties*

toker818

Banned
$99 plus tax for this half-ass classic no thanks, sony being some stingy fools this list could have been at least 30 games. Nintendo did a awesome job with there classic editions, sony is being really cash grab holes

Top Bottom