• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

Willing to bet most games will only add 4k options or mayber the HDR options, and won't change at all at 1080p on the pro, even though we know a few will (Probably mostly Sony games and the really big AAA games that Sony pays off a bit)

Which means I have zero interest in the pro

Raven77

Have they not shown a single game running on it 30 minutes in? What about a release date (might be too early in the conf. for that).

I can't watch the stream or anything, at work.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Doesn't seem like a worthwhile upgrade to me. Hopefully the jump to Scorpio will be bigger, otherwise these mid gen upgrades are not a trend I want to see stick around.

Astral Dog

Just saw that not all previous PS4 games will be forward compatible. They have to be patched in. I think that's a mistake.

i dont see how they could do it without bothering and pestering developers who already released and marketed their games, would be a waste of time for all titles to be converted.

Averon

I guess the reason there was no leaks beyond what we got earlier this year is because there was nothing TO leak.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
- Boosting the clock rate to achieve better frame rates

- Boosting the clock rate

- clock rate

giphy.gif

Tillbo

Just seems a big ask to release PlayStation VR and PlayStation Pro so close together. Surely it would have better to stagger the releases?

Something about this conference just feels kind of weak and unexciting, almost like they don't actually expect anyone to be excited.

I just hope this thing releases this Christmas, and releases for $400 US, then it will be worth the weak hardware jump. Either way, it will be nice to have PS games in higher detail. I also love how developers have the ability to give 1080p games higher detail, that is an awesome idea.

LordOfChaos

Good name choice imo, I thought that's what they should name it for a while. 4K would be silly to make the name if it's not expected to hit native most of the time. Pro differentiates it as a more powerful PS4 nicely.

i dont see how they could do it without bothering and pestering developers who already released and marketed their games, would be a waste of time for all titles to be converted.

I'm doing a comparison to what Microsoft claims they are doing with Scorpio, which is supposedly all Xbox games will run on it. I don't understand why Sony would be shutting out certain games from running on the newer platform. Unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think the name is fine. PS4K isn't distinct enough. PS4 Neo isn't distinct enough. PS4 Pro is straight to the point. It doesn't muddy the waters when a consumer walks into the store and sees a box that says "PS4," and a box that says, "PS4 Pro." You obviously know there's a difference between the two, and then it's up to the consumer to inquire further.

Majine

Banned
They were never gonna call it PS4K, its benefits apply to more than just 4K and you don't want to give people the idea that 4K is required.

Top Bottom