• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponn01 said:
kazkendoubleteam.jpg
They make such a cool pair. :D They need some sort of super hero photoshop.

So stylish, too. I love the high pants on Kaz and the white shoes on Kutaragi.

SolidSnakex said:
Yah at most we'll get a teaser, possibly whatever goes with the dialog Ryan posted.

You mean at Sony's conference, right?

Surely you're not saying we'll only get a teaser at Konami's shindig.

FredFish

I would be ecstatic if they announce 299 w/ HDD but i'm not betting on it.
I wouldn't bet on that price/package either. If they did, however, I WOULD bet the ranch that MS would file a lawsuit alleging "dumping" of some sort or another ;)

edit: I've been thinking about the generally accepted wisdom that they will wait 'til TGS for the price announcement. If Sony wants to be really cutthroat they will announce something about the price tomorrow. Reason being that a competitive price would stifle 360 sales and/or force pre-emptive price cuts bleeding MS financially even before their product is on the market. Just a thought.

tsp_gatmog said:
You mean at Sony's conference, right?

Surely you're not saying we'll only get a teaser at Konami's shindig.

Yah for Sony's conference, Konami's will have the full trailer. Ryan and Ken are also posting a long podcast on the 9th to give more info on the announcements and what they show at their conference.

Out of the games we know of (excluding MGS4), what will be the most impressive (graphically) PS3 game shown at Sony's conference?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SolidSnakex said:
Yah for Sony's conference, Konami's will have the full trailer. Ryan and Ken are also posting a long podcast on the 9th to give more info on the announcements and what they show at their conference.

Out of the games we know of (excluding MGS4), what will be the most impressive (graphically) PS3 game shown at Sony's conference?

Who knows. I'm going for GT5 or maybe Heavenly Sword for it's art? When it comes to Sony you can never know.

I think the price will ultimately be $399.99 w/HDD included ... but Sony won't announce it tomorrow to keep MS guessing right into the fall.

There's really no benefit to Sony to announce the price this early. It just give MS more time to figure out what they want to do with their own price point.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I agree with the $399 price point. Microsoft set this bar (this generation) with the Xbox360, i'm willing to bet Sony will follow suit. All I know, is that anything higher will allow the PS3 to slip through my fingers until it gets a price drop.

FredFish

There's really no benefit to Sony to announce the price this early.
Hehe. I was editing my original post while you writing this it seems. There is a substantial theoretical benefit for a price announcement tomorrow.

FredFish said:
Hehe. I was editing my original post while you writing this it seems. There is a substantial theoretical benefit for a price announcement tomorrow.

Yeah, if they know what theyre gonna set it as, might as well announce it ASAP, so the chillin' can gather up their pennies
metoo

mckmas8808

BlueTsunami said:
I agree with the $399 price point. Microsoft set this bar (this generation) with the Xbox360, i'm willing to bet Sony will follow suit. All I know, is that anything higher will allow the PS3 to slip through my fingers until it gets a price drop.

And this is the advantage to launching one year later. People keep saying stuff like, "If Sony is shipping their system a year late shouldn't the PS3 be clearly more powerful than the 360?"

And the answer is NO! If they include a HDD, BD player, and Wifi out the box a year later that basically eats into what Sony could have spent into putting extra power into the console.

BlueTsunami said:
OT:
Baddrink.gif

:lol

Where is that from Deadly Monk?

That's Abe Natsumi so its probably from a ep of Hello Morning.

mckmas8808 said:
Who knows. I'm going for GT5 or maybe Heavenly Sword for it's art? When it comes to Sony you can never know.

If GT is at the level its usually at i'd be surprised if anything came close to it.

gt27xe.jpg

gt3_screen014.jpg

Elios83

soundwave05 said:
I think the price will ultimately be $399.99 w/HDD included ... but Sony won't announce it tomorrow to keep MS guessing right into the fall.

There's really no benefit to Sony to announce the price this early. It just give MS more time to figure out what they want to do with their own price point.

I agree,I expect 399$ with HD,price announced at TGS.
BUT....if they really have a bomb in their hands (an even inferior price) they could drop it tomorrow if they feel that the announcement would slow Xbox360 sales until they arrive on the market.

Sony won't announce it tomorrow. I think they're enjoying the "It's gonna cost 1 billion fucking dollars!" press, it makes the system seem awesomer. Keep people talking about it, hit them with a reasonable $400, and count the money.

I think you'll see Unreal 3 for PS3 announced as a launch title with PS3 Network play and all that jazz along with the new controller and of course a lot of othre games. But no price.

mckmas8808

TheGreatDave said:
Sony won't announce it tomorrow. I think they're enjoying the "It's gonna cost 1 billion fucking dollars!" press, it makes the system seem awesomer. Keep people talking about it, hit them with a reasonable $400, and count the money.

As a matter of fact if they do announce that the 60 Gig HDD is included most analyst will probably say that it will cost at least $600.:lol

And Sony will just :lol knowing that the real price will be WAY lower. Welcome to the pre PS2 and PSP times.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Deg said:
I am going bed.

Hopefully.

How can you go to bed! Less then 23 fuckin hours to goooooo!!!!!111

I swear...E3 is like Christmas for gamers (in terms of gaming information and news). To bad this excitment won't come around again for another 6 years (since generational shifts are much more exciting than regular E3s)

:( :( :(

Striek

SolidSnakex said:
Lair, Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy VII:r (I wish), The Getaway or Killzone.

GT5 will probably look amazing, but as a racing game you can't really compare it in general as you can with most every other genre.

No matter what happens though, every PS3 game will be scrutinised and the tiniest fault paraded.

mckmas8808

BlueTsunami said:

How can you go to bed! Less then 23 fuckin hours to goooooo!!!!!111

I swear...E3 is like Christmas for gamers (in terms of gaming information and news). To bad this excitment won't come around again for another 6 years (since generational shifts are much more exciting than regular E3s)

:( :( :(

Christmas indeed. But I disagree with your excitement lowering thing. I think Sony set the bar so high that every year people will want to see if they will achieve what they show. I personally think this will happen every year for the next 5 years.

Ponn

Banned
Amir0x said:
Not much wishing to it!

Because its not going to happen.

I have to ask, what is up with you pulling all these innuendos on everyone? Trying to fill Drinkys shoes?

Amir0x

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Because its not going to happen.

I have to ask, what is up with you pulling all these innuendos on everyone? Trying to fill Drinkys shoes?

yup, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Now my plan is ruined :(

mckmas8808

Dahbomb said:
You guys better bring a towel tomorrow.

A big ass towel and a box of tissue paper. There will be a bunch of things to cry and spool over.

Elios83

Amir0x said:
What if it gets announced at TGS? Or only in my dreams? :(

FFXIII: announcement and first trailer tomorrow.
FFVII Remake: same trailer of last year,people will be fooled into thinking it's again the usual tech demo,but at the end of the trailer the megaton wil be unleashed, FF7: Reloaded coming in 2007 !!

BELIEVE :lol :lol :lol :D :D
(I will cry if Square Enix is a no show tomorrow ^^'' :( )

Amir0x

Banned
Elios83 said:
FFVII Remake: same trailer of last year,people will be fooled into thinking it's again the usual tech demo,but at the end of the trailer the megaton wil be unleashed, FF7: Reloaded coming in 2007 !!

Don't you mean FFVII: Emergence of Cloud (FFVII:EC)?

mckmas8808

Elios83 said:

They might be a no show. Doesn't Square Enix have their own show soon?

Elios83

mckmas8808 said:
They might be a no show. Doesn't Square Enix have their own show soon?

Just before the Sony conference,but I feel that if they have something big to announce they won't spoil the fun before Sony conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom