• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
skip said:
our sources, on this matter at least, are excellent. we'll find out tomorrow...

Who is our? Who are you? Who do you work for? What are you questioning? And what do you think will come true?

skip

who is what? where am I? wait, what day is this?

(I'm andrew at 1up, producer of the 1up yours show)

and without indulging too much in the banned info-teasing, I have little reason to doubt shane's intel. tomorrow's going to be very fun.

mckmas8808

skip said:
who is what? where am I? wait, what day is this?

(I'm andrew at 1up, producer of the 1up yours show)

and without indulging too much in the banned info-teasing, I have little reason to doubt shane's intel. tomorrow's going to be very fun.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Your Andrew? Cool. Aren't you over top of the Banned info-teasing? I mean you are the producer of the freaking 1 UP show man. Come-on tease the hell out of us.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind this close to Sony's showing. Please give us some hints, winking type information about what Shane was talking about. PLEASE!!!!!

skip

mckmas8808 said:
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Your Andrew? Cool. Aren't you over top of the Banned info-teasing? I mean you are the producer of the freaking 1 UP show man. Come-on tease the hell out of us.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind this close to Sony's showing. Please give us some hints, winking type information about what Shane was talking about. PLEASE!!!!!

haha - the list of people who would get in massive trouble would be lengthy, and would unfortunately begin with "A."

mckmas8808 said:

yes, yes! More teasing, please. :)

mckmas8808

skip said:
haha - the list of people who would get in massive trouble would be lengthy, and would unfortunately begin with "A."

Well I'm not asking you to tell all. Just give us some teasing (but we still need to listen and watch E3) material. You guys teased us with your podcast.

mckmas8808 said:
Well I'm not asking you to tell all. Just give us some teasing (but we still need to listen and watch E3) material. You guys teased us with your podcast.

Isn't that enough? There's less than a day before we'll find out what they're talking about.

SolidSnakex said:
Isn't that enough? There's less than a day before we'll find out what they're talking about.

I'm trying to drink enough Wild Turkey 101 so when I finally pass out and wake up, it'll be close to conference time...

...and goddamnit, Square better have something fun! If it's just: "We will have PS3 info later this year! In the meantime- English clips from FFXII and Dirge of Cerberus for you to enjoy!" I'll... well... probably just shake my head. It's becoming a habit with S-E these last few years it seems. -_-

FFXIII LOGO! JUST THE GODDAMNED LOGO AT LEAST!! I'M GEBBING YOU!~!@~!~#@!~

MiamiWesker said:
Just wondering, is the MGS4 trailer confirmed for tomorrow or will it be saved for Konami's event?

At most its going to be a teaser at Sony's show. MGS trailers are a big draw to Konami's conference.

mckmas8808

New pic

3696_2.jpg

PSP Silent Hill confrimed?

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:

heh.

World of Warcraft is PS3 exclusive
Virtua Fighter 5 is PS3 exclusive
Mercenaries 2 is PS3 exclusive
FFVIIre IS being made after all
MGS4 is awesome (hor hor hor)
PS3 controller with have gyros
GT5 is being targeted for launch

what else you want, ho

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Amir0x said:
heh.

what else you want, ho

LIES! LIES! LIES!

Sallokin

...and goddamnit, Square better have something fun! If it's just: "We will have PS3 info later this year! In the meantime- English clips from FFXII and Dirge of Cerberus for you to enjoy!" I'll... well... probably just shake my head. It's becoming a habit with S-E these last few years it seems. -_-

FFXIII LOGO! JUST THE GODDAMNED LOGO AT LEAST!! I'M GEBBING YOU!~!@~!~#@!~

When is the SE press conference anyway? Or are they not doing one this year?

Amir0x said:
heh.

MGS4 is awesome (hor hor hor)

what else you want, ho

This place will melt if what you say is true Amir0x!! :D :D :D :D :D

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
heh.

World of Warcraft is PS3 exclusive [With k/b support?]
Virtua Fighter 5 is PS3 exclusive [Nice]
Mercenaries 2 is PS3 exclusive [I would love to see this, but for some reason can't]
FFVIIre IS being made after all [Will it look like the Tech demo?]
MGS4 is awesome (hor hor hor) [Of course]
PS3 controller with have gyros [Shit yeah right]
I wish. Did 1Up say this?
GT5 is being targeted for launch [Again did 1up say this?]

what else you want, ho

Can you answer and respond to this comments and questions? Thanks.

Ponn

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Do not believe Amir0x! for he is the False Prophet!

Ahh..but the Devil always mixes truth in with his lies. In the end you will still say WoW
still on PS3

Sallokin said:
Didn't they drop the FFIX - XI bombs at E3 or was it TGS? My memory is a bit fuzzy.

nope- Square had a private show in late Jan. 2000: The Millenium Conference. That was an awesome night on the various forums. :D

Midas

GameSpot said:
The fact the board was based on PC architecture led some to speculate the game would be coming to the Xbox 360, as the porting process would be less complex than that to other consoles.

Why would it be easier? Huh.

Midas said:
I wonder if Sony lost GTA to Microsoft if they're really trying to get Mercenaries as an exclusive...

I bet the 'high-profile urban game' msoft is rumored to have exclusively is driver or true crime. GTA still cross-platform imo

Midas said:
I wonder if Sony lost GTA to Microsoft if they're really trying to get Mercenaries as an exclusive...

I get the feeling they got it time exclusive. They did exclusive GTA this gen and wanted out of the deal so I don't think they'd go compeltely exclusive.

Sallokin

TheJollyCorner said:
nope- Square had a private show in late Jan. 2000: The Millenium Conference. That was an awesome night on the various forums. :D

Thanks for the clarification. I remember when that info dropped, I was overseas and trying to find out as much info as I could through a RAS connection connected at 33kbps.

Midas

SolidSnakex said:
I get the feeling they got it time exclusive. They did exclusive GTA this gen and wanted out of the deal so I don't think they'd go compeltely exclusive.

Timed exclusive makes most sense, such a high profile game totally exclusive for one platform this gen seems a bit weird. But I guess it all depends on how much money Microsoft had in their briefcase.

Ponn

Banned
Timed exclusive or not GTA will be multiplatform. Unless Rockstar is in really, REALLY serious financial troubles and MS put up big moneyhats. GTA is pretty much in the same boat as say Madden where they can make big numbers no matter what console they are on in the U.S.

Amirox...You make me wanna cry, You forgot to include North American Central Time. :*-(

My time slot feels so left out. Its like grade school all over again. :p

Striek

SolidSnakex said:
Take Two wanted out of the exclusivity deal with Sony?

Striek said:
I wonder why...they certainly would've had to make a compromise on something to get out of that agreement, and the Xbox sales of GTA were incredibly poor compared to PS2 sales (mostly because of the timed exclusivity, one would assume)...was it worth it? :/

I think its because they wanted money. It also shows they don't want in another exclusive deal like that. But yah I agree there was likely some deal they worked out for Sony to agree to letting the deal go considering how much GTA sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom