• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SolidSnakex said:
I think its because they wanted money. It also shows they don't want in another exclusive deal like that. But yah I agree there was likely some deal they worked out for Sony to agree to letting the deal go considering how much GTA sold.

Maybe the deal was a timed exclusive for the first next-gen GTA game.

:O

Kittonwy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Maybe the deal was a timed exclusive for the first next-gen GTA game.

I'm guessing Take-Two being able to continue making PSP and PS2 versions will serve as sort of a kind of leverage for Sony on Take-Two.
gladtomeetya.gif

lunlunqq

if this thread dose not reach 1000-post long before the conference actually starts, i will be disappointed... come on, we are NeoGAFers, the "hardest among hardcore..." :D

mckmas8808

lunlunqq said:
if this thread dose not reach 1000-post long before the conference actually starts, i will be disappointed... come on, we are NeoGAFers, the "hardest among hardcore..." :D

If a leak or two were to happen....

Fight for Freeform said:
I'm HOPING for a next gen WipeOut to be shown...and available for launch!

*does the Running Man*

I can't see Sony Liverpool being able to complete 2 games for launch. So either F1 or Wipeout would have to come out later.

mckmas8808

SolidSnakex said:
I can't see Sony Liverpool being able to complete 2 games for launch. So either F1 or Wipeout would have to come out later.

I'll take F1 if it looks anything like the E3 2005 video.

FightyF

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

Hmmm...it would be a tough choice if the F1 game was known to play well (gotta wait for E3 impressions).

Ah well, as long as it's in the works. I was kind of hoping it would be ready for launch a la PSP.

Damn, I was all giddy inside. But at least now I have a realistic expectation. :p

;)

arne

BlueTsunami said:

I don't know, seems like Amir0x's source and Skip's source were drinking at the same bar when they overheard what they did. How many people make up a conspiracy? two or three?

arne

arne said:
I don't know, seems like Amir0x's source and Skip's source were drinking at the same bar when they overheard what they did. How many people make up a conspiracy? two or three?

ah hell I can't edit already. I'll bet a ban you'll say WoW.

Fight for Freeform said:
Hmmm...it would be a tough choice if the F1 game was known to play well (gotta wait for E3 impressions).

Ah well, as long as it's in the works. I was kind of hoping it would be ready for launch a la PSP.

Damn, I was all giddy inside. But at least now I have a realistic expectation. :p

;)

WO is one of those recognizable Sony series which means there's a chance you could see it at Sony's E3 conference. I'd love for Twisted Metal to also be there but I don't know how possible that is. I think Incognito is working Project HL and Warhawk right now so they have their hands full.

SolidSnakex said:
Haven't they already confirmed that?

I haven't heard anything official just rumours. The most appealing thing about the 360 to me at the moment is Live Arcade. If Sony match it MS have lost a selling point which will make waiting for Halo 3 and few price drops much much easier.

Bearillusion said:
I haven't heard anything official just rumours. The most appealing thing about the 360 to me at the moment is Live Arcade. If Sony match it MS have lost a selling point which will make waiting for Halo 3 and few price drops much much easier.

Here it is

http://us.playstation.com/beyond/default.htm

If WoW is coming to the PS3 wouldn't that pretty much confirm that system is coming with the harddrive? I doubt Blizzard would put it on the system if it was just optional.

mckmas8808

SolidSnakex said:
If WoW is coming to the PS3 wouldn't that pretty much confirm that system is coming with the harddrive? I doubt Blizzard would put it on the system if it was just optional.

Wouldn't have to also confirm that k/b support will be used for this game if true? Who would want to play WoW using a controller?

mckmas8808

Again who started this rumor?

Did the PS3 controller having gyros come from the 1up podcast?

Bearillusion said:
That doesn't mention arcade games though. It's not very specific. I want things like SF2 like Live Arcade is getting with online play.

I don't think they've mentioned anything about that, but given what Harrison said about it i'd imagine they're working on that.

mckmas8808 said:
So did the PS3 controller having gyros come from the 1up podcast?

Could be tha announcement that'll change peoples opinion on the PS3.

mckmas8808

SolidSnakex said:
ICould be tha announcement that'll change peoples opinion on the PS3.

OH SHI(*) could it be??? If so GAF will most likly explode and we should pretty much give Sony the win for next-gen.

Midas

lunlunqq said:

This isn't the Nintendo conference thread, you WILL be dissapointed.

ant1532

Banned
ahh, just woke up.
anything fucking awesome happen yet???

anyways heres some pics of the Sony booth from Sam kennedy's blog at 1up
media

media

mckmas8808

ant1532 said:
ahh, just woke up.
anything fucking awesome happen yet???

anyways heres some pics of the Sony booth from Sam kennedy's blog at 1up
media

media

How did you just wake up and find news faster than me? :mad:

So Saints Row is near the PS booth eh?

And take your game else where? I guess that's for PSP?

ant1532

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
How did you just wake up and find news faster than me? :mad:

So Saints Row is near the PS booth eh?

And take your game else where? I guess that's for PSP?
heh, i have 15 tabs as my homepag all e3 ready. Anyways, i got schools now, be back at 3:00 pm est.peace

Doube D

jarosh said:
ok wtf.
so ign insider does not offer a LIVE stream of the sony conference but gamespot does - for FREE?

This whole gamespot feed is free deal better not impact their servers. I mean i have nothing against everyone being able to get the feed for free, but for those of us paying, it better be fuckin smoooooooooooooooth. Otherwise someone needs to get shot!

Doube D said:
This whole gamespot feed is free deal better not impact their servers. I mean i have nothing against everyone being able to get the feed for free, but for those of us paying, it better be fuckin smoooooooooooooooth. Otherwise someone needs to get shot!

It was free during the last E3 and ran smooth.

Doube D said:

I suppose their servers will priorize gamespot plus users, and if they run out of bandwith will kick random "poors" away :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Onix said:
So then it's purely wild speculation?

Yes. Lots of speculation overfloweth from that 1up podcast, but it's all speculation.

Less than 12 hours to the real deal :)

RaijinFY

Well aside VF5 which has been confirmed to be a PS3 exclusive, the rest is still speculation. But I can easily see one or two things amir0x hinted to become true.

Doube D

ok so here is the real question. Will we see killzone ps3? and if so, how on earth can sony dare show it unless it looks AT THE VERY least comparable to the video shown last yr?? believe!!!

Doube D

RaijinFY said:

that may be, but the only megaton I can think of from the ps3 conference that would, according to some, "change people's view of sony" is if they come out with the same killzone trailer as last yr only have someone freeze it and pan the camera in real-time. NOW THAT would be a megaton worthy of such labels.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doube D said:
ok so here is the real question. Will we see killzone ps3? and if so, how on earth can sony dare show it unless it looks AT THE VERY least comparable to the video shown last yr?? believe!!!

I think they'll show it as long as it is up to scratch with what else is out there. I don't think they'll tie themselves to not showing it until it looks like last year's CG because..well..they may end up never showing it then :)

I'm kind of trying to think what potential disappointments there might be, as an antidote to all the optimism going around ;) Thinking what the controller will be like or details of online..devil could be in the detail. Unless they've just simply reverted to a Dualshock design, I'd say it might be a bit nerve-racking for Sony waiting to see how their controller will be received.

Doube D said:
that may be, but the only megaton I can think of from the ps3 conference that would, according to some, "change people's view of sony" is if they come out with the same killzone trailer as last yr only have someone freeze it and pan the camera in real-time. NOW THAT would be a megaton worthy of such labels.

He said its not just 1 game that the announcement is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom