• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doube D

SolidSnakex said:
He said its not just 1 game that the announcement is about.

I just can’t see how any such announcements would make that much of a difference. I mean if this was the x360 conference and they got exclusive squeenix support, that’s one thing. But games going exclusive to the ps3, even if they are huge, I mean, people will be like ok, that’s great, but not really out of this world. It is the ps3 after all. So it’s hard to imagine something(s) that would qualify other than delivering the promise of graphics deemed impossible by the entire world. That or offering the ps3 for 199.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It seems like Sony may have some sort of "showroom" setup at their booth to demo PS3's broader entertainment capabilities.

http://www.gameshout.com/news/ps3_sony_e3_press_conference/article5643.htm

Right now Sony does have a large showcase to unveil more information about its PS3. The booth is simply amazing.

It is being said that PS3 is more than just a video game system for Sony, and it seems that way by just peaking at their showroom booth. Sony is making it clear that the PS3 is a complete entertainment system.

Pity they've no pics. I'm glad it seems we'll be seeing the PS3's general functionality, though, finally. I'm hoping they'll demo some of that tonight also, but we'll see..

Forsete

Jesus I'm pumped. This is going to be the best E3 ever. :D

The Sony booth looks great going by that first pic.

Zapages

Dang I just lost my insider expired yesterday... :( Plus I am broke because I'm taking some summer classes this year to do research with my professor. This is just perfect. *sobs*

I guess the conference is going rock!!!.*sobs*

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Doube D said:
are we going to see the mgs 4 trailer or is it left for the main show?

The full trailer will be at Konami's conference on Tuesday. Kojima should be in attendance at Sony's conference, though, so you never know...

jarosh

this thread needs more hype

kutaragi4dbox.gif

Wollan

So how long is the Sony conference? At Gamespots schedule it says:

4pm Sony Press Conference
FREE - watch the entire Sony press conferance live at Gamespot!

5pm Sony Press Conference Continued
(You'd be crazy to miss out on this.)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wollan said:

I'd like to know too. Unfortunately I think their invites kind of left it open-ended, because there'll be a post-show reception, and AFAIK there won't be other demands on journo's time afterwards? Maybe someone could check for us...I really don't want to have to stay up past 1am :lol

Wollan said:

What time would that be in middle Europe?

Midas

SonnyBoy said:
So which is the better service? IGN or GS? Im bored with IGN and I'll never post in the forums not that I have found the glory that is GAF.

The press conferences are free at GS.

Lakitu

st5fu
I thought I had an ear infection, not the case, I got fucking tonsilitis :( watching sony conference at midnight in uk, with fucking fruit and mashed up apples, oh joy

SonnyBoy

Midas said:
The press conferences are free at GS.

Yeah, I saw that posted earlier. Is there anything aside from the Feeds the GS offers over IGN?

I'm browsing the site now, maybe you can save me some time. Do paying members get a better quality feed? Id imagine so.

Midas

SonnyBoy said:
Yeah, I saw that posted earlier. Is there anything aside from the Feeds the GS offers over IGN?

I'm browsing the site now, maybe you can save me some time. Do paying members get a better quality feed? Id imagine so.

Yeah, you can download "high-res" trailers, don't know how "high-res" they are though.

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
sorry I have not understood?

sony has lost GTA?

and Ms would has the temporal exclusive or completes of the new GTA?

it is a rumor or it is true?

tanks:)

Crisis

Banned
Ponn01 said:
:lol :lol Does this call for a "Fishie Ownzorrrrred"

Well, my one and only friend that loves this series will be very excited.

FISHIE OWNZZZORRRRRRRRRRRRED! Can't wait for more information on VF5 for PS3.

Il Comodino said:
sorry I have not understood?

sony has lost GTA?

and Ms would has the temporal exclusive or completes of the new GTA?

it is a rumor or it is true?

tanks:)

It's not confirmed or anything.

without starting any flame wars, is there any substance to this rumor that sony have put motion sensors in the ps3 controller? - What credible evidence is there to suggest this?
If they have done this, dont you think it will leave them looking rather pathetic?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I expect World of Warcraft will be more about advertising than anything else for Sony. It is THE largest franchise right now and will be a good feather in their cap. It will be subscription based and will be a good example of how Sony's online strategy can be implemented. Keyboard and Mouse will never be popular among console owners so I suppose Blizzard is working real hard to have a controller interface as its primary input device.

Peru

Luckily the sony conference starts late enough for me to see it. 1 past midnight here, while the nintendo conference tomorrow is planted precicely half-way through my work hours.

duckroll

NINE HOURS TO SONY CONFERENCE!

SIX HOURS TO SQUARE ENIX CONFERENCE!

ARE YOU READY BITCHES?! I AM READY!!!!!!!

Ready for a 6 hour nap that is! LOLZ!

Wollan

DenogginizerOS said:
I expect World of Warcraft will be more about advertising than anything else for Sony. It is THE largest franchise right now and will be a good feather in their cap. It will be subscription based and will be a good example of how Sony's online strategy can be implemented. Keyboard and Mouse will never be popular among console owners so I suppose Blizzard is working real hard to have a controller interface as its primary input device.

If it happens.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
darthbane2k said:
without starting any flame wars, is there any substance to this rumor that sony have put motion sensors in the ps3 controller? - What credible evidence is there to suggest this?
If they have done this, dont you think it will leave them looking rather pathetic?

Eyetoy already exists as Sony's opportunity for motion detection. Beyond it, there's nothing to substantiate rumours about Sony "wii-ifying" the PS3 controller.

DenogginizerOS - I'll eat a broom if that rumour is true!

duckroll said:
NINE HOURS TO SONY CONFERENCE!

SIX HOURS TO SQUARE ENIX CONFERENCE!

ARE YOU READY BITCHES?! I AM READY!!!!!!!

Ready for a 6 hour nap that is! LOLZ!

six hrs till square enix conference? Is this confirmed? are square likely to show ps3 and wii stuff BEFORE the two big keynotes?

The Abominable Snowman said:
Good news guys: We've comfortably pulled in front of the Nintendo E3 Conference thread!

I only care about the numbers!
It's just not Tuesday yet. The Nintendo parade will probably start around 5 a.m.

gofreak said:
Eyetoy already exists as Sony's opportunity for motion detection. Beyond it, there's nothing to substantiate rumours about Sony "wii-ifying" the PS3 controller.

DenogginizerOS - I'll eat a broom if that rumour is true!

Its just there have been recent threads here and elsewhere discussing this like it was a reality, and joystiq.com seem to be sure it will be a function of the ps3 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom