• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

gofreak said:
It seems like Sony may have some sort of "showroom" setup at their booth to demo PS3's broader entertainment capabilities.

http://www.gameshout.com/news/ps3_sony_e3_press_conference/article5643.htm
Can't wait. I think Sonys going to surprise everyone with the depth of PS3s OS.

jarosh said:
:lol nice.

Also, for a guess at one of Sonys surprise, I'm saying
PS3 RAM upgrade

Eric_S

proposition said:
They'd do better with a larger bus to their existing RAM.

Or both ... though I have to say that I'm a bit pessemistic about Sony upping the specs.
Please prove me wrong and bump the specs Sony, kthnxbai

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The Abominable Snowman said:
Depending on the level of announcements at both events.

I predict this thread winning by ~500 replies and 15K views.
Is it that important to you?

Archie said:
Never underestimate the power of
skifree.gif

Wollan

The Nintendo thread will overshadow this one when it comes to posts.
Both will equal in awesomeness though. (that wasn't a question)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Archie said:
it's important to me.

the more posts and views a thread has for a particular conference further validates my loyalty to that company. there's a lot riding on these sorts of things for me.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Yes. I don't care about the actual news at the conferences (Well, I guess I do a little bit...) but numbers are always exciting. It's like a Football or Basketball game in extreme, week-long slow-mo
oh.....kay.....

Yes. I don't care about the actual news at the conferences (Well, I guess I do a little bit...) but numbers are always exciting. It's like a Football or Basketball game in extreme, week-long slow-mo
universal1.jpg

7Th

Eric_S said:
Or both ... though I have to say that I'm a bit pessemistic about Sony upping the specs.

They did with PSP.

Eric_S said:
256/256 is plenty. The bus could bottleneck it though.

But I agree, spec upgrade is definitely unlikely.

Striek

kallisto76 said:
did u know about Quantic Dream's "Heavy Rain" PS3 Exclusive?
! When was this announced?

I thought they were working on Omikron 2 (whoooooohoooooooooooo!) and "Infraworld", both PS3/X360.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
When did Sony release WIP shots of Warhawk, KZ, Motorstorm, etc. in relation to last year's conference - was it before or after the conference? It'd be nice if we started getting some media for games to be shown at the conference beforehand.

Mooreberg

I don't remember seeing anything of Killzone/Motorstorm/etc until after the conference. The videos were the first that anyone (not under some NDA) had seen of those.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Heavy Rain, I read that somewhere the other day, on an incomplete game page, before the game was announced - might actually be on 1up now that I think about it.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Mr. Spinnington said:
That's akin to asking why we bothered to make a thread with official conference times and a nice little ticker:

e32006.php

er...yeah I was just a tad confused with my being in the uk and all, sheesh. how about you be friendly or something :p Didnt see ticker as I was sat away from screen with text size increased, thanks for pointing it out.

midnight in uk on the 9th - well gee, someone could mean at night or literally as the 9th starts. I get confused easily :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
kaizoku said:
er...yeah I was just a tad confused with my being in the uk and all, sheesh. how about you be friendly or something :p Didnt see ticker as I was sat away from screen with text size increased, thanks for pointing it out.

midnight in uk on the 9th - well gee, someone could mean at night or literally as the 9th starts. I get confused easily :D
Use this webpage, http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Quite good.

Elios83

Dahbomb said:
Does anyone know of Capcom's conference or expo? Information will be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that Capcom hasn't its own conference this year but will show titles during the platform holders conferences.

dock

Anyone know how long these conferences last? One hour? Two?

I have to work tomorrow morning so I can't stay up too late, and it starts at midnight here.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dock UK said:
Anyone know how long these conferences last? One hour? Two?

I have to work tomorrow morning so I can't stay up too late, and it starts at midnight here.

I'm in the same position (minus the bit about having to get up for work), and I'm hoping it'll be an hour. But it may go up to 90 minutes, tops, I'd say. I'd like to be in bed by 1 :)

Square Enix
1:00 - 2:30 PM, with reception beginning at 11:30 AM

wasnt able to find the length of the Sony, but from last year, I believe it was 90 minutes. I'm sure someone knows for sure and can chime in. Ill still be at work at 4:00 so im just gonna keep up with it here at worka nd stay a bit late.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
meltpotato said:
wasnt able to find the length of the Sony, but from last year, I believe it was 90 minutes. I'm sure someone knows for sure and can chime in. Ill still be at work at 4:00 so im just gonna keep up with it here at worka nd stay a bit late.

It was an hour and fifty minutes last year, though that was running a little over time. I doubt this year will be as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom