• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amir0x said:
so guys

top 5 most hoped for announcements at Sony conference go go go

Well, they're not all announcements but...

1. Price (not going to happen, but you said "hoped" :p)
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
3. Controller
4. Online infrastructure demonstration.
5. Backward compatibility demonstration w/ "OMG i want to play all of my old games over again" visual improvements.

littlewig

Banned
tsp_gatmog said:
Eat a dick, Deal or No Deal?

howie.jpg

just kidding, it's kinda funny

DEAL!

jett

D-Member
My top 5.

1.- Game I don't know about
2.- Game I don't know about
3.- Game I don't know about
4.- Game I don't know about
5.- Game I don't know about

Seriously, I want to be as surprised as I was last year.

FtsH

review PS2 and PSP
announce FFXIII,FFVII,PE3
announce otherl japan titles
Sonii controller revealed
Demo of DMC4, ICO2, ZOE3 with Sonii controller
announce some US/Euro titles
EA/EA sports come in, long long a list, with some Sonii demo
announce GTA4
clearly explain the PS3 live service
Demo of GT5/MGS4/Oblivion+/Killzone 3 with PS3 live supported online gameplay
show some BC and Blueray stuffs
announce price: 349.99$, with 60G HDD
end

MS cancels tomorrow's conference......evacuate their E3 booth, leave...........

littlewig

Banned
A Parasite Eve gave more like the first one would be awesome.

Make it happen Square-Enix

throw in more Ada shower scenes too

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
It's been said and done but I hope they repeat history:

*walks up to stage, shuffles papers in hand and says...

"$299!"

exist off stage*

The proof is in the pudding.

FtsH

littlewig said:

there is a SE conference just before Sony conference, maybe we can hear some awesome news even earlier.

djkimothy

I strongly doubt price will be announced. Why would you give your competators all that time to form a pricing strategy? Price will likely come TGS. Though I could be wrong.

jett said:
My top 5.

1.- Game I don't know about
2.- Game I don't know about
3.- Game I don't know about
4.- Game I don't know about
5.- Game I don't know about

Seriously, I want to be as surprised as I was last year.

I'm with this guy. Frankly I can't be arsed with pouring over trailers of games we already know about to see if they match up to last years. I want new stuff we haven't seen anything of already (even if all we've seen is concept rendered vids).

That and next-gen Shenmue. First up a remake of I & II, bundling then both together into one game (like they were originally meant to be, making chapter 2 playable, rejigging the gameplay to be more open, with more sidequests that involve fighting to help tide over the slower sections of the game. A rerecorded English language voice track and the original Japanese language track (making Yuan's gender/sexaulity ambigious again).

Also announce that the engine will be resused for Shenmue III which is also already well into pre-production, and will follow soon (12-18 months) after the Shenmue I & II remake.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
littlewig said:

Pretty sure her name was Aya.

...unless you are suggesting a RE4-PE3 crossover lesbian shower game.

Predictions:

1) Final Fantasy, GTA, & WOW, all PS3 exclusives

2) The software / services side of the PS3 will be bigger than has ever been speculated.

3) Controller will get mixed reviews. Some will hate it, some will say they love it, others will realize, it's just a fucking controller that does exactly what it needs to do.

4) Sony's first party offerings will lead the way in visuals for the PS3 and they will be numerous.

5) The visuals will be on par with the best 360 titles

Y2Kev

DigitalSoul said:
Suddenly I'm reminded of Fear Effect........

That was a pretty fun--although incredibly frustrating-- game. I was genuinely scared. But I can't figure out why. It was so random sometimes.

I think I stopped playing the second one once I got to the confusing-as-hell Asian garden level.

xaosslug

sonycowboy said:
Predictions:

1) Final Fantasy, GTA, & WOW, all PS3 exclusives

2) The software / services side of the PS3 will be bigger than has ever been speculated.

3) Controller will get mixed reviews. Some will hate it, some will say they love it, others will realize, it's just a fucking controller that does exactly what it needs to do.

4) Sony's first party offerings will lead the way in visuals for the PS3 and they will be numerous.

5) The visuals will be on par with the best 360 titles

you will be a hunted man if all of these don't come to pass. lol

:p

Cant wait. Sucks I gotta work every freaking day next week though :(

What Im really hoping for.

1) Playble games
2) Anything releated to MGS4
3) PRICE
4) Bad Ass Controller(dual shock is ASS for FPS games IMO)
5) Online structure

Y2Kev

1) Final look of everything. If they're changing console look or anything...want to see it.
2) Online structure
3) Launch date official with KEN KUTARAGI™ stamp of certainty
4) Some first party stuff that I haven't seen yet. Shock me with Sonymote just for fun.
5) MGS4.

Mrbob

Where is King Kuturagi? I have that pic but only at home....I'll have to post it so we can all bow down too....bow down to the king!!!

So who's going to have the highest quality live stream?

Is it GameSpot at 700k?

Is IGN's Livewire covering the conference LiveWire? Wasn't that only 300k last year? Is it even confirmed officially on a website somewhere that IGN will have it live?

Their "LiveWire" site is horrible with just a simple advertisement to get subscribers. It doesn't have any info about stream quality, times, etc.

Wollan

Gamespot has Sony Conference Live as an exclusive and they will support it up to 700k.
Edit: For non subscribers it's upto 300k apparantly. VVV

Wollan

Ooohh, Gamespot will offer 720p Sony Conference download(for Total Access members). How big will that file get??

Second said:
Cool thread.

Top 5:

- Final Fantasy XIII in 2007.
- Next Team Ico project in full production.
- Silent Hill 5
- Heavenly Sword = launchgame
- FFVII Remake

That was hard to do. :(

yeah, that was just about the perfect list for me. Thanks for filling my mind with these wild dreams :D :(

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
What I most need to see from this conference and/or Sony's general E3 presence is confirmation that Factor 5 is able to rise above their reputation for attractive but vapid games because Lair is mining the type of game theme which is the equivalent of digital crack for me (dragons!) and which doesn't get mined all that often. If it turns out to be nothing more than Rogue Squadron with dragons, then F5 is dead to me, forever.

Next up, I'm hoping they'll show what Eyetoy 2.0 will be. Interested to see a couple more games like Eyedentify that they showed last year, where Eytetoy interaction is incorporated into a "full-size" game, not just minigames.

Warhawk, Resistance:FoM, Motorstorm and just generally seeing what else they've been working on round out my interests.

Nick

I'm hoping for a redesigned PSP, but it won't happen. I guess I'll get hyped up about any Metal Gear news that is announced.

7Th

Since stuff like the online structure or MGS4 trailer are already secured to be at the stage, I'll focus on what my heart wants but has little to no chance to ever come to reality.

1.- 350$ for PS3 with 60Gb HDD.
2.- Team Ico's games for PS3 and PSP.
3.- Trackball for PS3 controller.
4.- Some cool unannounced PSP games, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 to launch with infraestructure play like it's PS2 counterpart.
5.- Some shocking exclusives for PS3.

Chrono

Banned
1UP PODCAST RUMORS:

- MEGATON announcement at the end of sony's conference!
- ~15 games playable.... and all good? apparently sony has been individually checking EACH game to see if it's good enough to be playable to the public.

still listening...

Konnjuta

Amir0x said:
I didn't sign no NDA ho!

I think Sony really wants to differentiate itself with some key Western games, really show it means business. Because with online and other random games playing such a huge role for PS3/360/Wii, they gotta get some nice titles.

But that's just what I hear.

Warcraft??!!!!
WTF?!!

RTS? MMORPG? or RPG like Oblivian?

MEGATON!!!

how reliable is the source?!!!

Wollan said:
Gamespot has Sony Conference Live as an exclusive and they will support it up to 700k.
Edit: For non subscribers it's upto 300k apparantly. VVV
Truely? No one else, including IGN, will have a live stream of the Sony conference?

Is there website that confirms this? An IGN Editors blog perhaps or somewhere in GameSpot's E3 site?

Confirmation request just to make sure "exclusive" wasn't refering to a high-res stream or something else since I'm pretty surprised by this news.

Poor showing by IGN if true, to let GameSpot snag the exclusive. Who knows if they were even given a bid/chance for it but none of that business really matters to us.

BigBoss

Chrono said:
1UP PODCAST RUMORS:

- ~15 games playable.... and all good? apparently sony has been individually checking EACH game to see if it's good enough to be playable to the public.

still listening...

Got a link?

Amir0x

Banned
Chrono said:
1UP PODCAST RUMORS:

I wonder if it's the same megaton ;)

Konnjuta said:
Warcraft??!!!!
WTF?!!

RTS? MMORPG? or RPG like Oblivian?

MEGATON!!!

how reliable is the source?!!!

The "source" was very, very odd... which is partially why it seemed more believable to me. To answer your other question, it was very specific - "Not an RPG." So I assume that means it's an RTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom