• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konnjuta

Amir0x said:
According to the source, that's what really makes it a megaton... the fact that it's PS3 exclusive.

The podcast also said it wasn't just one game or any game. So expected Blizzard to be PS3 exclusive? Or is that just wishful thinking.

Amir0x

Banned
Konnjuta said:
The podcast also said it wasn't just one game or any game. So expected Blizzard to be PS3 exclusive? Or is that just wishful thinking.

I dunno, I have no idea at this point.

I'm very curious to see how things unfold myself now.

Yoboman said:
There's no doubt Sony would've wanted to see the trailer. I don't think that means it'll be playable, really. I sorta doubt it's ready

Kojima said he wanted it to be playable so they people would know it was real time. There's going to be some kind of demonstration for it done by Kojima at E3. It might be like he did at TGS where he just moved the camera around or he could show it playable.

Can't wait for GT5 after the 1up podcast. Looks like Polyphonys going to be showing people why its the biggest racing series on the market.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Can't wait for GT5 after the 1up podcast. Looks like Polyphonys going to be showing people why its the biggest racing series on the market.

But Gran Turismo isn't Forza.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Which is why I said Polyphony will being showing people why they have the biggest racing seires on the market. :)

Touché, motha fucka. You dodged this bait tonight, but tommorrow is another day!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I just want to see more of everything, and more specifics. Even just the interface, the functionality. The little things.

I do not believe Amirox's news :p

Amir0x

Banned
gofreak said:
I just want to see more of everything, and more specifics. Even just the interface, the functionality. The little things.

I do not believe Amirox's news :p

Don't ruin the fun just yet, this news is totally believable. Mwahahahaha.

Ceb

FFVII remake would be too expensive in terms of manpower and hard cash. I don't expect it to happen anytime soon. Can't wait for FFriday the XIIIth though! :D

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
Kojima said he wanted it to be playable so they people would know it was real time. There's going to be some kind of demonstration for it done by Kojima at E3. It might be like he did at TGS where he just moved the camera around or he could show it playable.

Yes that's true, I forgot he said that. I think it should be playable afterall. Show off a whole new load of mechanics and gameplay ideas too I hope.:D

I know GT5 will make a comeback in style.. Kaz always said, GT4 is NOT and was never meant to evolve the series... It was an expansion basically, taking GT3 and adding all the content possible. It's a shame Forza kinda snuck up and beat them for the crown. I reckon Kaz took that to heart and they'll do loads to win it back

Amir0x

Banned
Yoboman said:
I know GT5 will make a comeback in style.. Kaz always said, GT4 is NOT and was never meant to evolve the series... It was an expansion basically, taking GT3 and adding all the content possible. It's a shame Forza kinda snuck up and beat them for the crown. I reckon Kaz took that to heart and they'll do loads to win it back

Wouldn't it be neat if GT5 was a launch game? I wonder if they could meet such a deadline!

Wollan

Amir0x said:
Wouldn't it be neat if GT5 was a launch game? I wonder if they could meet such a deadline!

Would be awesome but knowing them it won't be anything less than ultra polished so the earliest is a summer 2007 release as I see it(which is also the date Im expecting it).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Amir0x said:

Yeah I wonder what GT5 will do to crush Forza?

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah I wonder what GT5 will do to crush Forza?

I don't think it will crush anything, but I think we will end up with two phenomenal racing sims that hold their own each unique ways. I'm pretty content with that, really. COMPETITION BREEDS AWESOME.

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
I don't think it will crush anything, but I think we will end up with two phenomenal racing sims that hold their own each unique ways. I'm pretty content with that, really. COMPETITION BREEDS AWESOME.

Well didn't they say that in the podcast?

Wollan

GT5 will be both 'Tourist Throphy 2' and GT5 under one roof. With the insane new graphics engine combined with totally realistic damaging and a huge online presence, nothing will compare.

I read somewhere that MGS4 trailer of Sony´s press conference is going to be a edited-short version, the real one is only for Konami´s press conference, is this true?.

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
i don't know, did they?

Yeah they did. But they said it so fast that I wish you could have caught the whole thing. It's like they said something like GT5 will show something that will whip Forza off the map or something.

Yoboman

Wollan said:
GT5 will be both 'Tourist Throphy 2' and GT5 under one roof. With the insane new graphics engine combined with totally realistic damaging and a huge online presence, nothing will compare.
Yeah they said something like "I've heard GT5 is gonna blow Forza 2 away"

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I just watched the one from 2005 for the first time. It said the PS3 would luanch "Spring 2006". That didn't happen. :\ The graphics were very impressive, though.

rockman zx said:
I read somewhere that MGS4 trailer of Sony´s press conference is going to be a edited-short version, the real one is only for Konami´s press conference, is this true?.

I hope so, because I know Konami holds them back for their own conference recently. I guess Sony really wants it to be at their show after seeing it.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
I hope so, because I know Konami holds them back for their own conference recently. I guess Sony really wants it to be at their show after seeing it.
It'll probably be a nice little teaser, maybe just in a reel.. Like MGS3

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Amir0x said:
Mercenaries 2 is PS3 exclusive btw.

I remember reading something in the past about Sony approaching them on this a few years back. They wanted to make it a big title.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah they did. But they said it so fast that I wish you could have caught the whole thing. It's like they said something like GT5 will show something that will whip Forza off the map or something.

He said he heard that it will wipe the floor with (Forza). Shane said they can have it running on dual 16:9 1080p screens, but it kind of fades into crosstalk then and it's hard to know what he's saying.

I think, though, he's just extrapolating based on that one slide from Sony's presentation that had a racing game on two screens ;) I kind of doubt they're actually doing that for GT5. (edit - I mean, full dual-screen rendering. Dual screens with one for info/online-interface/maybe rear-view etc. would be very possible).

gofreak said:
I think, though, he's just extrapolating based on that one slide from Sony's presentation that had a racing game on two screens ;) I kind of doubt they're actually doing that for GT5. (edit - I mean, full dual-screen rendering. Dual screens with one for info/online-interface/maybe rear-view etc. would be very possible).

Didn't Sony release pictures of what that'd look like? They used GT4 to show it and it was shots of the Nurburgring. Looked really nice although i'd definetly prefer 1 screen your rear view.

I do think the conference will have Sony showing their Western support more. They've already shown a greater focus on Western games in their first party titles that have been the main focus at their conferences at this point. They've always had amazing Japanese support and the PS3 appears to be no different in that area, but they could improve on their Western support. Getting stuff like WoW, Mercenaries 2, Assassins and ofcourse GTA as exclusives/time exclusives would be giant steps in that direction.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:
Didn't Sony release pictures of what that'd look like? They used GT4 to show it and it was shots of the Nurburgring. Looked really nice although i'd definetly prefer 1 screen your rear view.

Yeah, this was the slide:

ps3dualscreen5bl.jpg

I think point number two, or a mix of two and three, would be more likely for any game, including GT5, though.

Ceb

Panoramic view could possibly shut up some of the people who whine about the "inaccurate" sense of speed. ;)

Rlan

Couldn't you do that with GT3? Or that SEGA Ferrari F355 Challenge game? You needed 2 PS2s and 2 copies of the game though. Obviously not HD either :p

Rlan said:
Couldn't you do that with GT3? Or that SEGA Ferrari F355 Challenge game? You needed 2 PS2s and 2 copies of the game though. Obviously not HD either :p

I believe GT3 supported 6 screens with 6 copies and 6 PS2s hooked up via iLink.

Does anyone have any pics or videos of this?

I swear I remember seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom