• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneself

My realistic top 5

1. Tekken 6
2. Backward compatibility details
3. HL for PSP
4. PS3 controller
5. Online service details

My it won't happen but hey that would be fucking awesome Top 5
1 Jak&Daxter PS3
2 Ratchet&Clank PS3
2.5 Playable DMC4
3 A new Klonoa (PSP would be cool)
4 Gradius PS3
4.5 A new Maximo or G&G
5 Sidescroller CONTRA on PSP or PS3

Konnjuta

Amir0x said:
I wonder if it's the same megaton ;)

The "source" was very, very odd... which is partially why it seemed more believable to me. To answer your other question, it was very specific - "Not an RPG." So I assume that means it's an RTS.

OMFG!!! Mouse + Keyboard Support CONFIRMED!!!!

MEGATON x 10 !!!!

Amir0x

Banned
Oneself said:
My realistic top 5

1. Tekken 6
2. Backward compatibility details
3. HL for PSP
4. PS3 controller
5. Online service details

My it won't happen but hey that would be fucking awesome Top 5
1 Jak&Daxter PS3
2 Ratchet&Clank PS3
2.5 Playable DMC4
3 A new Klonoa (PSP would be cool)
4 Gradius PS3
4.5 A new Maximo or G&G
5 Sidescroller CONTRA on PSP or PS3

Well Ratchet and Clank will probably happen, why wouldn't it?

Oneself

Amir0x said:
Well Ratchet and Clank will probably happen, why wouldn't it?

As I know Sony, they'll probably show the same video they've show at GDC. We weren't supposed to see it. Insomniac's focus must be on Resistance too...

Oneself

I didn't think about it for my Top5 but I can't wait to see what Killzone and Motorstorm will look like. Hopes are high!:D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Be careful Amir0x or those sony financial ninjas will come to rip your credit score a new one.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I want to see more explanation about the software distrubution they hinted at GDC, especially the online model. I saw hints torward a lot fantastic methods but nothing was really touched upon in depth.

Of course I'm excited for all of their games. Given that most of the teams were to busy working on the games for E3 instead of GDC they should have something of real substance to show and I'm pretty sure it'll be impressive. I know we're covered REALLY well by Sony's first party offerings I'm far more curious to see what will come about from a few US and Japanese publishers. Needless to say it'll be a software heavy program and that's what I really want, not endless fucking slides. We know you're kicking the shit out of everyone Sony please show us the games!

Hopefully Sony won't just drop the PSP all together, even though E3 is the PS3 showing they can't afford to ignore the PSP at all. The system is doing well but the system really needs a strong showing at E3 to counter all the negative press about it lately.

Other than that I'm just as excited as everyone else, it's going to be their strongest E3 ever.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the megaton is software wise, it does not have anything to do with the hardware.

Zilch

Banned
Chrono said:
1UP PODCAST RUMORS:

- MEGATON announcement at the end of sony's conference!
- ~15 games playable.... and all good? apparently sony has been individually checking EACH game to see if it's good enough to be playable to the public.

still listening...

- FFVII remake is NOT GOING TO BE SHOWN, according to Shane
- FFXIII is going to be announced as a PS3 exclusive game, again according to Shane and co.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Striek said:
Whaaaaaaaat?
A series that has traditionally released first for the PS2. A series that originally was a system exclusive (times exclusive if you will). A series that has always sold the most copies on the PS2.

Seeing it exclusively on the PS3 really wouldn't surprise me, what would surprise me is seeing Microsoft let slip such a crucial series.

Beowvlf

Banned
Just finished listening to the 1UP podcast. One of the editors said the end-of-conference announcement 'isn't just about a single game', and that he'd heard that this 'megaton' will 'change people's view of the PS3'.

Now that is a tantalizing bit of news. I can't wait.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Seeing a $399 PS3 launch with the HDD packed-in would satisfy me immensely. That would certainly change people's expectations of it being a very expensive console.

ahmad

Banned
Heian-kyo said:
Just finished listening to the 1UP podcast. One of the editors said the end-of-conference announcement 'isn't just about a single game', and that he'd heard that this 'megaton' will 'change people's view of the PS3'.

It will cost 300 dollars

X26

Banned
Heian-kyo said:

Now if it only wasn't IGN saying that I'd be getting excited

Ah screw it I'm excited anyways. A 'low' price would be nice though

Yoboman

Oh shit.. The megaton is
PS3 comes with FREE (you heard me) customisation stickers!! Take that MS! Faceplates...pffft

Striek

TekunoRobby said:
A series that has traditionally released first for the PS2. A series that originally was a system exclusive (times exclusive if you will). A series that has always sold the most copies on the PS2.

Seeing it exclusively on the PS3 really wouldn't surprise me, what would surprise me is seeing Microsoft let slip such a crucial series.
Seeing all the posts in "GTA PS3" threads, and all the analysts opinions, seems you're just about the only one it wouldn't surprise ;)

That and true believers.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Striek said:
Seeing all the posts in "GTA PS3" threads, and all the analysts opinions, seems you're just about the only one it wouldn't surprise ;)

That and true believers.
Financially and logically it would make the most sense for Rockstar to branch the series out as much as possible so I agree with the analysts. I'm sure however Sony is probably doing what they can to keep it exclusive to their console. It would just surprise me more to see it as a 360 exclusive than a PS3 one. It going multiplatform from the get go or being PS3 wouldn’t surprise me I guess is the correct answer.

mr_nothin

Banned
Oneself said:
As I know Sony, they'll probably show the same video they've show at GDC. We weren't supposed to see it. Insomniac's focus must be on Resistance too...
I dont think so...even though we weren't able to see then, Sony has let multiple websites tell us all about what was shown. I presume their "E3 2006" means that they will show more at E3, just like what motorstorm did with "E3 2006" written in the mud.

Oneself

mr_nothin said:
I dont think so...even though we weren't able to see then, Sony has let multiple websites tell us all about what was shown. I presume they're "E3 2006" means that they will show more at E3, just like what motorstorm did with "E3 2006" written in the mud.

As IGN says, I think the best we could hope for at E3 would be another teaser...

IGN said:
Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait quite awhile longer before we hear anything more on Ratchet and Clank PS3. Given the game's early development time, an expected 2007 appearance, and Resistance's priority on the release schedule, an E3 peek beyond another teaser is highly unlikely.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That 1up podcast was the best podcast I've heard in my life. I wish 1up had a TV show.

jiggle

FFVII remake will not be shown... Is Shane confirming it exists or am i reading too much into that?

Cant' wait for TGS06 XD

jiggle said:
FFVII remake will not be shown... Is Shane confirming it exists or am i reading too much into that?

Umm... wha... hmm... OMG.

Bah, if it's already in the works and everyone wants it and everyone who wants it already assumes it exists, why bother covering it up for so long?

Chrono said:
1UP PODCAST RUMORS:

- MEGATON announcement at the end of sony's conference!
- ~15 games playable.... and all good? apparently sony has been individually checking EACH game to see if it's good enough to be playable to the public.

still listening...

The checking party is interesting. In the Kojima podcast it was mentioned that Kojima and Ken went to Sony to get MGS4 checked. When they were talking about it they were very careful about what they were saying about it and Ken wouldn't go into specifics about what happens when you go for the check, all he really said is that Sony gave them good feedback. Now they did mention the trailer but there have been rumors circulating recently that its going to be in playable form there and that'd explain the check from Sony. Then again maybe they just wanted to see the trailer. :)

gimmmick

I wounder who these panel of people are, to be checking these games if they are "good enough" to be playable on the flour at e3.

Wollan

Let's pretend this WarCraft rumour is real(I don't believe it. I believe Amir0x but not the rumour), what kind of game would it be?
I seriously doubt it's a rts game(though Middle Earth 2 on the 360 is showing the way, I have a distinct feeling Blizzard don't share this view) in the traditional sense. But saying it's not an rpg removes so many opportunities. Is it like StarCraft Ghost only more melee based? That could have been kinda awesome actually.

Amir0x

Banned
Wollan said:
Let's pretend this WarCraft rumour is real(I don't believe it. I believe Amir0x but not the rumour), what kind of game would it be?
I seriously doubt it's a rts game(though Middle Earth 2 on the 360 is showing the way, I have a distinct feeling Blizzard don't share this view) in the traditional sense. But saying it's not an rpg removes so many opportunities. Is it like StarCraft Ghost only more melee based? That could have been kinda awesome actually.

I guess the Warcraft thing is World of Warcraft after all, i just got a little mixed up with the source. Since 1up podcast seems to imply this too, i think it's probably legit.

xaosslug

sonycowboy said:
Predictions:

1) Final Fantasy, GTA, &
WOW
, all PS3 exclusives

2) The software / services side of the PS3 will be bigger than has ever been speculated.

3) Controller will get mixed reviews. Some will hate it, some will say they love it, others will realize, it's just a fucking controller that does exactly what it needs to do.

4) Sony's first party offerings will lead the way in visuals for the PS3 and they will be numerous.

5) The visuals will be on par with the best 360 titles

I don't know if I should... believe

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
The checking party is interesting. In the Kojima podcast it was mentioned that Kojima and Ken went to Sony to get MGS4 checked. When they were talking about it they were very careful about what they were saying about it and Ken wouldn't go into specifics about what happens when you go for the check, all he really said is that Sony gave them good feedback. Now they did mention the trailer but there have been rumors circulating recently that its going to be in playable form there and that'd explain the check from Sony. Then again maybe they just wanted to see the trailer. :)
There's no doubt Sony would've wanted to see the trailer. I don't think that means it'll be playable, really. I sorta doubt it's ready

Amir0x

Banned
Leidenfrost said:
Warcraft Ghost.

I already clarified, it's World of Warcraft if it turns out true. The "Not an RPG" thing had to do with something totally unrelated to this discussion, that's what I got mixed up. I accidentally crossed conversations :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom