• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X26

Banned
oh my god...that's expensive, It'll be ATLEAST 2 years before I get a PS3

And the only difference between the 2 is 40GB? Jeesh

HAHAHAHAA 600!

bailout.jpg

CoolTrick

Banned
AFTER DOING ONE OF THE MOST OBVIOUS PWNAGES IN E3 HISTORY, SONY UNLEASHES A MEGATON OF MEGATONNAGE PROPORTIONS....THAT BACKFIRES!!!!

$500-$600! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Aryuken

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What a total fuck up this Conference was, 499 and 599?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Omg, i ain't buying this shit till it drops price, sorry. And i'm in europe, 499 euros? Kiss my ass

I'll wait till it drops to 300, after showing those games, having the balls to show such a price, priceless

Many gamers will be poor this fall. $499 is rough but $599 is over the top. I'll be able to afford it but I feel bad for many other gamers who won't be able to.

MetalAlien

Banned
Sony for the win, they showed me everything I needed to see. Oh wait.. price?

To all the haters, that's why you have 2 other choices, you won't be missed.

Wow. All those motherfuckers coming on stage just dripped with slime. The PS3 controller secret was just nasty. Gotta give props to Sony for taking an idea and running with it.

Tiktaalik

Holy shit at the price. Waaaay too much. Microsoft is smiling.

God damn I want MGS4 though. My only hope is to win one in some sort of Pepsi contest.

hyp

c'mon... as if you guys didn't think this price tag was coming. horrible conference from beginning to end... presentation was a fucking snorefest.

Juice

Can't wait for Wii haters to turn around and praise this functionality. They're probably smarter than that, but I think there's suddenly going to be a lot less to make fun of out of the waggle wand, especially since the depth sensor and two accelerometers makes the Wiimote way more accurate from the look of it.

Still, even though Sony's completely shameless, hopefully some good new control schemes result from it. Way better than just a lame rehashed DS with nothing more than a PS3 button in the middle.

NME

Kaz wasn't fooling around when he said you'd better start working overtime.

That Xbox 360 purchase is looking better and better.

Also, I noticed no one mentioned Grand Theft Auto by name (Kaz mentioned Rockstar in passing). Take that for what it's worth.

Peru

Sony failed... they added this as a desperate last-minute measure.. It has much more limited use... not 3D movement. Jesus Christ... I don't care about a boring presentation.... good games will come... it was the same with ps2 launch, good games trickle in eventually. But this kind of madness, cowardly ripping half-assed off and taking the credit... makes me lose interest. No I'm not going to spend 500 $ on your system. Fuck off.

Now all we need is two things:

1) Nintendo to counter the Dual Shock 3 motion-detection and show some spectacular uses for the Wii freehand controller.

2) Microsoft to announce a radical price drop as a counter to the astronomical PS3 price.

WHY THE HELL COPY NINTENDO AND THEN MAKE THE CONSOLE TOO EXPENSIVE TO AFFORD? WHY THE HELL IS GOING TO PLAY THIS THING?

I just told my brother and he's in tears laughing. No way in hell!!!!!!!!!

llTll

Banned
DarienA said:
$499??? Are they retarded!?!?!??!?

no . you are the retard for not thinking

xbox 360 . 20G is 400$. no HD DVD no Blue Ray nothing

100 $ u r getting Blue ray player inside the console + the DS3 functions

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Everything snore except for Heavenly Sword and Eight Days... that leg animation in NBA was shit... was that a new NFS game called NFS Carbon?

But $499... Sony has lost their goddamn mind.

Deg

Banned
Nice work all round. The launch pricing is good for what the system is. Its no crippleware like xbox or Wii :p

Need more media.

MetalAlien

Banned
Sony for the win, they showed me everything I needed to see.

To all the haters, that's why you have 2 other choices, you won't be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom