• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

Online paywall looks really meaningless when I see everything else Sony did right.

EDIT - This is to me of course. People have every right to be upset about this, it's a really shitty decision.

AngryMoth

Seems weird that they haven't announced hdd size. If it's just one skew there's no way it can be less than 500GB so assume maybe they are considering going 1TB? The price difference really isn't that big

Edit: never mind it's confirmed as 500

vcO1wGjl.jpg

I've wanted PS Plus but it hasn't made sense with such a small harddrive.

Literally it's the price of a game to experience many games. I'll have no problem subscribing when I have a big enough hard drive.

Other than the price, I didn't see anything that was more interesting than the MS conference. It was duller, and there were barely any new game announcements.

The AC4 freezing and bailing was awkward.

The console looks just like the XB1, even the controllers have kind of converged into a similar design.

MS had the better games shown at their conference, and have serious multiplayer heavy hitters throughout the first year.

These are very close to being the same boxes on the shelf. Multiplayer and services will differentiate the XB1, even at a higher price it's going to be more desirable.

Alebrije

The conference was good , I love the indi support Sony plans to give next years.

The Order looked intersting and now Sony has a Halo game ( Destiny ).

PS4 looks a more complete machine than Xbone, Sony did not even care to show any
Eye Toy / Move game because they simple do not needed.

At this point even if MS goes back with the DRM , used games policies I do not see how they can surpass PS4 benefits. PS4 is cheaper and more powerfull, so no matter what MS does in 3-4 years the gap between PS4 and Xbone will be bigger than now.

Kinitec is a cancer for Xbone, If I were MS I will figure out how to do not make it obligatory and offer a No Kintetic Xbone for $399.00 or less...

I know a lot of people wanted The Last Guardian but it seems it will become the next Nuke Dukem Forever.

Billy Lee

I didn't get to watch the Sony conference (I was asleep and actually dreaming about whether Sony would enforce DRM) but have just read the defining moments in this thread and it almost makes me feel like I was there! Truly epic!

I was just going to ask this. GameTrailers said they were world premiering SCE Santa Monica's new IP today.. I hope it just isn't their production of Ready At Dawn's game.

Which also... I hope The Order is NOT an FPS.

Yeah. Stig's team (GOW III) hasn't shown their game yet. Santa Monica helps a lot of studios.

Any sign of the new Santa Monica game yet? I've got my expectations all high now but there doesn't seem to be a whisper of it anywhere. Unless it's a behind closed doors press event, and we'll get coverage in a code of weeks.

jiggle

what's going on with Japan?
pitiful showing in the conference
must have no games to launch it there in 2013

Any sign of the new Santa Monica game yet? I've got my expectations all high now but there doesn't seem to be a whisper of it anywhere. Unless it's a behind closed doors press event, and we'll get coverage in a code of weeks.
someone mentioned this
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62772731&postcount=2
Santa Monica game is apparently being shown behind closed doors only, but its getting a lot of buzz at the show floor. That's about all I know though, hopefully some twitter leaks.

Well, SCEJ are currently working on Rain, Puppeteer, GT6 and Freedom Wars - maybe a couple of others I've forgotten about or we don't yet know about. And obviously The Last Guardian as well as Dark Cloud 3, Demons Souls 2 and Legend of Dragoon 2. /Prays.

someone mentioned this
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62772731&postcount=2
Santa Monica game is apparently being shown behind closed doors only, but its getting a lot of buzz at the show floor. That's about all I know though, hopefully some twitter leaks.

Cool, thanks for the update. I hope we don't have to wait long for some news - I'm really excited to see what SSM have been working on next.

Jørdan

Most disappointing was Sony killing but burying the XO there and then as they came out with the PS+ requirement for multiplayer.

There's still GC and TGS to announce stuff, especially for the respective local market.

Unlike MS (and Nintendo), Sony seems to split their announcements among all these events (as they actually show up).

Top Bottom