• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

Microsoft blew their load but it's clear that Sony hasn't announced all of their game all yet.

I expect the Media Molecule game to be announced at GamesCom and The Last Guardian to make a return at TGS.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

frnXxyM.gif.pagespeed.ce.r922DOE7HG.gif

I think this gif sums up my reaction nicely.

Amatsu

Neo Member
This was the best night ever.

Thankfully I have a slack job and work alone so I watched the conference at work and I wasn't disappointed at all!! THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING NIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So where are the videos for the Playstation Meeting announced titles? They said they would be showing those separately (or something), but I can't see anything.
I found it weird that they showed all that footage of PS3 games and then relegated Knack, InFamous, Drive Club and Killzone to a shitty teaser reel. Should have been the other way around.

nib95

Banned
Anyone else feel like the PS4 had better looking games overall graphically, as in noticeably. Aside from Ryse, nothing seemed to have a comparable level of graphical quality as some of the PS4 demo'd titles, such as Killzone SF, Final fantasy XV, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Division etc.

I honestly think there's going to be noticeable graphical differences between multiplatform titles.

(+)

-Jack Tretton
-indie games showcase
-FINAL FANTASY 13/15 WHAT THE IM SO CONFUSED. WHAT GAEM DID THEY SHOW?!!?!?!?
-KINGDOM HEARTS 3
-used game friendly, offline play friendly
-$399

(-)

-No Last Guardian
-Didn't show MGS5
-NO KAZ. :(

so far, this is the best E3 ever! MS and Sony showed lots of games!

All I can say is ZOMG!

Final Fantasy XV and the Kingdom Hearts trailer upped my gaming giddyness I haven't had in a good while.

And that crowd cheering and clapping at no disc DRM and allowed used games, that's was genuine cause I sure as hell couldn't stop smiling watching the stream, thank god, sense prevailed! Shiiiite, all multi-platform titles PS4 auto-win.

$399.99, f' me, and I get to keep my collection of discs games with me like I always have without worrying of DRM/anti-used protocols?

Sony, take my damn money!

B.O.O.M

Yay finally got the chance to see the OP properly :D Been waiting all day. Glad I got to help out with a thread for such a fucking epic conference

jackal27

Banned
Guys, I've been mostly a Nintendo gamer for the last generation. The PSone is one of my favorite consoles ever though. It's been awhile Sony, but I'm back.

That's ridiculous, what year do they think it is? Shipping wouldn't be more than $50 from the US, I'll probably import mine. Haven't done that since the original Xbox.

Relax its EB Games, other stores like Target, Big W and JB Hifi will undercut them so hard.

Also they always jack up prices, GTA 5 for PS3 is $108 preorder!

so soul sacrifice and Killzone Mercenaries will be free on Vita but not Drive Club on PS4 with a PS+ sign up?

I don't really get how there doing this?

demidar

Australia gets the short end of the straw again.

It's region free though, so I don't know if you could import for cheaper if that's possible.

I think it depends on how an imported console handles the PSN Store i.e. need a NA credit card or game/DLC region mismatch.

NeoUltima

So during the conference, ACIV kept freezing for seconds at a time, and near the end of the demo it completely locked up. (damn I felt bad for the guy doing the demo) Destiny was also hitching up at the start of its demo, and they had one less person in the demo because one of the systems locked up (I assume).

I'm no hardware expert or developer...Do y'all think that is a hardware issue (overheating?) or was it just a case of games being in development. Granted, I'm sure they were not running on final PS4 hardware.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjfkdslfhskdjfhgksjdhfb;ahfa;shdjf
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :lol (XV-announcement)

trimon

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my sister flow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age!!!!

Striek

Did anyone make a Killzone thread? It actually looks like a substantial change from KZ3 (which is good, because that was mediocre while KZ2 was just bad). Notably you seem to have a drone with special abilities.

DBT85

Driving home an Oasis song started playing with a chorus that seemed so very very apt

OASIS - ALL AROUND THE WORLD said:
All around the world, you've got to spread the word
Tell them what you heard, we're gonna make a better day
'Cause all around the world, you've got to spread the word
Tell them what you heard, you know it's gonna be okay

velociraptor

The conference SUCKED.

+ Destiny Demo
+ Killzone, Infamous, Driveclub looked great
+ The Order
+ Final Fantasy XV
+ No DRM
+ Used games
+ Cheap console price

- Online paywall
- Online paywall
- Did I mention online paywall?
- Lack of exclusive IPs.
- No Last Guardian
- It was mostly a dire and boring conference

I was impressed at the sheer number of exclusive titles on the Xbone. I just expected more to be honest. Some GAFers in the Sony thread said there would be some 'megatons' and 'Sony is out for blood'. Suuuure.

Tookay

In retrospect, the launch lineup of the system looks rather weak and there was a baffling lack of output from some of Sony's bigger studios...

Additionally, the sleight of hand they pulled with the paywell mention was a little sleazy...

But I will say that Sony did well with making Microsoft live down their terrible policies and even undercut them on price (with a better-spec'd system to boot).

So, all in all, it was a good show, but not necessarily an amazing one.

Chrisness

Banned
The only thing I am disappointed by is the PS4 design. The Xbox One will probably have a MUCH larger fan, meaning a much quieter fan.

demidar

The conference SUCKED.

+ Destiny Demo
+ The Order
+ Final Fantasy XV
+ No DRM
+ Used games
+ Cheap console price

- Online paywall
- Online paywall
- Lack of exclusive IPs.
- No Last Guardian

I was impressed at the sheer number of exclusive titles on the Xbone. I just expected more to be honest. Some GAFers in the Sony thread said there would be some 'megatons' and 'Sony is out for blood'. Suuuure.

As much as I want Dead Rising 3 and whatever games for the XBone, that console ain't gonna take a fucking step into my house so they might as well be dead. Not to mention it's an exercise in how many rights it can rob from the consumer. In that context, the games don't really mean much to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The conference SUCKED.

+ Destiny Demo
+ The Order
+ Final Fantasy XV
+ No DRM
+ Used games
+ Cheap console price

- Online paywall
- Online paywall
- Lack of exclusive IPs.
- No Last Guardian

"Sucked"?

toypop

I think we'll see many people will unsubscribe XBL then pay for Plus instead.
I doubt people would pay two paywall fee, so they're gonna pick one.
PS4's paywall is multiplayer + current Plus, it's much more appearing than XBL, especially for those of outside U.S.
Sony's paywall is sure not cool for us gamers, but sounds much more dangerous for MS than it was free.

velociraptor

Okay, nap time is done, I feel refreshed, and popcorn is ready (I really have some).

It's nearly 2am, and GAF, in the wise words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, 'Get ready for the big surprise.' You're going to have several first party showcases, some third parties, and something that will truly blow you away. Trust me, your bodies are not ready.

I'm only disappointed that I won't be able to see your reactions as it happens since GAF will go down due to being unable to handle the nuclear bombs dropped.

So what was the big surprise? Final Fantasy XV exclusive?

Top Bottom