• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

Smellycat

I forgot to mention: where the heck is the Last Guardian??

Also, I don't think KH III and FF:XV are exclusive, are they? I don' think they mentioned that.

whome0

Please anyone contacts with gaming journalists on E3 site. Let them ask Sony about two questions.
  • Can we still install a new regular hard drive
  • Do Logitech usb steering wheels still work in PS4 games, just like in PS3

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Software output-wise, lack of exclusives, lack of first party games(where are all their studios) and Versus XIII going multiplat(?) all were bad for Sony and PS4, Microsoft did better in that front.

And I really don't like how they wasted time on Ubi games and Destiny, I'd rather seeing Infamous 3 gameplay because that game look absolutely amazing.

Also, I don't think KH III and FF:XV are exclusive, are they? I don' think they mentioned that.

What an amazing show. Sony killed it in every regard.

My only concern now is to learn if FFXV will be exclusive.

Don't think they specified, but like someone else mentioned, every multiplat console game is PS4 exclusive when it's the only platform you can actually really own the game on.

ps4ffatjdo.jpg

VillageBC

I didn't catch it for FF:XV. But KH III box art they showed on screen had 'Only on Playstation' label very clearly on it.

Def Jukie

it's basically a paywall that you need ps+ to play online multiplayer, but you get much more than just online, you also get the free games and discount etc.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. If it remains $50 a year as it is now, it's really already a much better value than live has ever been. Microsoft is so out of touch. You can get XCOM and Deus Ex HR with plus a slew of other games this month on PS Plus while Microsoft has fake cheers for Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2.

watershed

Banned
Sony is doing a lot of things right. If I do get a next-gen console it will definitely be the PS4. Though I wonder, will game prices stay at $60 or is someone gonna try to add a next gen tax?

rumor is, Sony help codevelop FFV13/15, so make sense it's exclusive, the rumor also said Sony is pushing hard to get KH3 as exclusive, but too near the conference so the deal hasn't been made yet. so it can still go both ways for KH

nubbe

Sony has nextgen in their pocket with the price and no DRM on discs

Genuine cheers too... almost like a Nintendo conference

Sianos

Excellent way to end the night, well done Sony.

Best E3 in recent years from everyone barring Ubisoft, even microsoft had a pretty good show from a games perspective.

Cosmozone

I just finished rereading the whole thread, sucking up all the reactions. So good. Microsoft, please die in a fire now. Sony trolled them really hard in this conference. Sneaky, putting that online fee in in the process. For us single players, it's no big deal.

Otherwise, it's something like a mixed bag.
+GT6, impressive physics
+Versus, cool atmosphere
++No anti-consumer and price, MS killing
-Ubi stuff overexposure
-That breathing guy announcing watch_dogs, argh.
--No Last Guardian, goddamn!!
Rating 3.5/5

Xenon

I meant just the disk based games not price =P

There are a number of people who would rather go all digital. I don't rent. I almost never trade in. I'd much rather go all digital. Having games on a disk is more of a minus than a plus for me.

I'm still kind of shocked honestly. Sony stepped up and did exactly what I hoped they would, but never thought they would. Unless something drastic happens, they've won. There's absolutely nothing that Microsoft showed that would justify putting up with their polices and price point. Sony on the other hand brought the fucking thunder and called Microsoft the fuck out. I'm still wondering how the hell that man was able to stand up on stage under the weight of his massive balls.

Amir0x

Banned
I can't wait for Nintendo to hit it off. Between Wii U and PS4, I can be happy next-gen. If it was just Wii U or just PS4, I don't think I could. I'll miss the games on XBO, especially Forza 5 (my how that hurts), but it's just the price I have to pay to keep my rights.

Thank you Sony for delivering...mostly. Except where the fuck is Last Guardian, assholes?

optimalmace said:
Not sure where to post this but amazon.ca lists the PS4 release date as November 30th. Seems weird if it's a placeholder..?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00B...f_rd_i=3198031

No way Sony misses Black Friday if it's that close.

I can't wait for Nintendo to hit it off. Between Wii U and PS4, I can be happy next-gen. If it was just Wii U or just PS4, I don't think I could. I'll miss the games on XBO, especially Forza 5 (my how that hurts), but it's just the price I have to pay to keep my rights.

Thank you Sony for delivering...mostly. Except where the fuck is Last Guardian, assholes?

No way Sony misses Black Friday if it's that close.

You're probably right... but to be fair we don't have black friday in Canada.

falconzss

I was inclined to say that MS had the better PC until Tretton droped the important stuff. Shit Sony, take my money!
(First action was to preorder PS4)

Krowley

In terms of games, the only things that really took my breath away in the Sony conference were FF 15, and to some extent, Infamous. Most of the other stuff that looked decent had been shown in other conferences already today, or was shown in the Sony conference when they unveiled the hardware. If we were looking purely at games, MS had a better conference.

But we weren't looking purely at games, and on the business end of things, Sony said all the right things. They came out and brutally cut the knees out from under Microsoft with the DRM statement, and then they executed a devastating finishing move with the price announcement. Those things alone make Sony the winner so far.

Also, most of the best games at the MS conference were multi-platform, and will actually be on PS4 too. Might even run better on PS4.

i-Lo

How come BruceLeeRoy and Kagari were wrong regarding online play paywall? Did their source lie to them?

Yea, that was the only source of disappointment.

Also, I gather then the rumours of Sony co-developing or helping SE to a significant degree in the creation of FFXV is falsehood given how it was not mentioned to be an exclusive. Still no matter, PS4 version will be inherently superior.

Top Bottom