• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2013 Conference

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sony just... I love you man.

$399.
Drive Club free with PS+
No shitty DRM
Used games.

Day 1. Absolutely.

They dropped a nuke onto Redmond.

I imagine them scrambling around to fix the mess they've made, but it might be too late.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I knew Destiny was going to be boring as shit.

Kinda pretty. But still boring as shit.

edit: Probably should say I really enjoyed that conference, happy for gamers...

Tellaerin

So I have to wonder... what's the point with MS's stance? Why would you do that if your competitors weren't on board. What's the point in it for publishers if people can just sidestep it by going to the competition?

Maybe they think it's something they can try to leverage to get themselves exclusives on the platform? No clue. And pretty much irrelevant to me anyway, because no game in existence could get me to buy a platform with that kind of DRM. :p

Wasp14

If Gamestop wanted to, couldn't they really hurt Microsoft here by promoting the PS4 over the Xbox? If one of them will continue to support their business they could deal some damage.

The thing is, to me right now, I think Xbone showed better exclusives. I think Titanfall looks really, really cool.

I'm not 100% sure, but can picture Titanfall coming to PS4 later the same way Bioshock and Mass Effect did.

StiLt

Wow. Smiling assassin styles. Surgical. Great for gamers and gaming in general. They did exactly what I wished they would but honestly feared they wouldn't. Such a great way to finish off the day. I'm a gamer grinning large.

zychi

Banned
Besides Killer Instinct, what exclusives does MS have? And I mean actually exclusive to the XBone and not coming out on PC

tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif

Darknight

Sony you have my CASH MONEY!

No DRM
Can SHare games
Can sell games
or Keep forever

Now on PS+ required for online play....you can easily get a code for $40 and below. But for $50 (which is $10 less than LIVE) you get instant game collection, 50%-75% sales, PS4 online and im guessing GAIKAI streaming will be included. This is still not comparable to LIVE bc LIVE just is for online MP and the 2 free games!!! Live still is a rip off, hell they have a browser behind a paywall. WTF.

But forget all that. PS4 for $400 and its better technically than an XB1? How is that possible to pass on? My body is ready!

cj_iwakura

I'm kind of confused that Dragon's Crown got no love. It's on Vita and PS3, and a pretty solid exclusive.

Ah well. Fantastic conference.

I gotta say, the price and the clarity of their lack of DRM is great.

HOWEVER, if I'm looking at the games they showed, I come away feeling extremely lackluster. Most of their big demos aren't exclusive. I'm pretty sure they had more exclusive DLC announcements than they did exclusive games. Yes, Killzone looks cool and Knack/Infamous will probably be enjoyable, but very little actually made me interested. I wanted to be excited for The Order, but it just didn't click for me.

Regardless, I'm not missing out on the next-gen party. As of about 20 minutes ago, I now own every next-gen console (Wii U included)!

man, you just know Sony hold back a lot in term of first party software. Stig game, GG rpg, TLG, ND uncharted team, all have more than a year to develop their software that they could easily bring out a trailer for them.

Def Jukie

Jesus, the only thing missing after the $399 was a mic drop. Shit is over before it even started. The is going to be a bloodbath on the level of the PS1 against the Saturn with Nintendo playing much of the same role as they did with the N64. It feels like 95 all over again.

I'm confused on the paid online deal. Is that included with a PS Plus membership or is there a separate pay wall?

Jesus, the only thing missing after the $399 was a mic drop. Shit is over before it even started. The is going to be a bloodbath on the level of the PS1 against the Saturn with Nintendo playing much of the same role as they did with the N64. It feels like 95 all over again.

I'm confused on the paid online deal. Is that included with a PS Plus membership or is there a separate pay wall?

it's basically a paywall that you need ps+ to play online multiplayer, but you get much more than just online, you also get the free games and discount etc.

i was actually rather disappointed in the reveals outside of the square enix megaton

they wasted so much time on stuff like watch dogs which we've already seen and big fat fucking lawl at no last guardian, shit is dead

Xenon

Price and disc based games,if thats important to you, were the biggest selling points for the PS3. The presentation itself was rough and a bit long winded for me.

Smellycat

I gotta say, the price and the clarity of their lack of DRM is great.

HOWEVER, if I'm looking at the games they showed, I come away feeling extremely lackluster. Most of their big demos aren't exclusive. I'm pretty sure they had more exclusive DLC announcements than they did exclusive games. Yes, Killzone looks cool and Knack/Infamous will probably be enjoyable, but very little actually made me interested. I wanted to be excited for The Order, but it just didn't click for me.

I feel the exact same way. I thought the price and the lack of DRM were the biggest highlights, but as far as the games, they didn't really have much. Watch Dogs looks good, but that is multi platform. I am really excited for Kingdom Hearts III and I saw the announcement coming from a mile away. lol I was really excited when Santa Monica's name came up but the game was lackluster. Infamous: SS should be good though.

I think Microsoft had better exclusives (in terms of mass appeal), but Sony appealed to me with the DRM issue!!

MrMephistoX

Sony won pure and simple. No DRM, 399, and Vita Connectivity sold me. Titan Fall did look cool but not cool enough for me to put up with Microsoft's poor customer experience. Only thing I missed was Bungie last gen problem's solved now who gives a shit if FF and Kingdom Hearts arent exclusive when ownership is exclusive tp PS4?

conference was a huge letdown for me. $399 is great and all, but the games... and they didn't show anything new about the OS or PSN. PSN now also costs money for multiplayer. Games were a huge letdown.

Kingdom Hearts is coming out for Xbox One, right?

Having another year of PS+ left... still feels shitty to have to pay for online gaming even though PS+ itself is so, so worth it. Idk, I guess it's the principle. It's also weird for all those F2P multiplayer games haha

Personally I would even trade no used games against free online :p (but not the kind of drm that MS is apparently cooking up together with it)

It's cool though that along with the 400€ console you will get a free launch game (DriveClub) if you already have PS+.

I wasn't really impressed by the exclusive lineup though. There wasn't really an exclusive third party game and they didn't show new first party PS4 games (just one?).
Indie lineup was cool, but even those were said to "exclusively have their debut on PS4", so that means only timed exclusive?

and where the hell was TLG?

Sony saved console gaming today.

If Sony went along with the DRM route with MS; they would have provoked a console market crash that would have ruined the industry (because people who have stopped buying consoles)

Today Sony saved console gaming

Absolutely. Sony saved gaming as we knew it. 10/10. Will buy with a WiiU.

starmud

was any EA games shown at all?

right when i think the balance will fail, natural order still prevails. i will never doubt the gaming gods again x)

Top Bottom