• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2016 |OT|

What are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol you sound like another industry insider blindly siding with developers for self promotion. You havent played any of these "amazing" games yet.

2016 and the blind faith in games grows even stronger. So bizarre.

I've been playing games for 30 years, I can call games I will like pretty accurately. This is not rocket science.

For instance I don't even have to see it yet, tomorrow Zelda will be the most impressive thing at E3.

Withnail

Just watched it spoiler free.

I thought it was pretty good, not their best but a solid showing of games.

God of War reboot looks surprisingly great.
Days Gone looks pretty good, though a bit clichéd (I groaned slightly when I saw the red barrel).
Spider Man game looks promising.
Last Guardian coming in four months.
Horizon still looks fantastic.
Some promising VR exclusives (though still not sure if I'll buy a PSVR).

The main downer for me was no indie segment.
Also not sure what to make of the Crash announcement being "remastered" PS1 games, but we'll see.

Anyway I thought it was much better than the MS show just on the strength of the new games that were shown.

Kickz

Just saw it and I thought it was solid. I respect that they kept the attention on the games. And the orchestra was a nice touch

Wow 10/10 - second only to E3 2015 IMO.

I can see the criticisms (especially looking at that release date slide they showed), but MAN, I loved everything at that show. Makes me happy about a purchase of a Neo given that we'll be getting awesome games well into 2018.

Favourite game shown was God of War. Dad of War Kratos is the best Kratos.

DrD

Awesome show, it was packed with a ton of new games that I'm interested in. GoW, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Horizon, and RE7 all look fantastic.

Only disappointments were no new Crash Bandicoot and no Rockstar, but I can't get everything.

G_Berry

Banned
Wow sony haters everywhere.

Even people writing they don't like "sony games" because ..... reasons.

Good !
Man you wanna talk about haters? I'm not a "fanboy" of either but the Xbox conference thread was awful to be in. Thought a game looked cool? Try wade through 50 posts of people saying "forza looked cool, until they showed the cars lol"

It was almost impossible to get hyped. Dat gaf I suppose.

Sjefen

Just watched it: Best show ever, nonstop games. No boring devs, no executives, no dry numbers, just gamesgamesgames. God of war reboot looked fucking awesome

TI82

Banned
Here's the poster we got from the theater event. Can anyone think of who the hooded person on the far left is? Can't think of them.

UtqCBSb.jpg

Inviusx

As a die hard Sony fan I thought this conference was a bit of a snooze fest. God of War looks awesome, Horizon looks amazing as always, RE7 was a cool surprise & Days Gone seemed ok.

Apart from that I was bored....they seemed really full of themselves this year.

I don't understand why people aren't making a big deal out of psvr price and release date. Did we know this information before?
Thats what I'm saying. That price is fucking ridiculous.

Should have been $299, max. How the fuck am I supposed to convince my wife to allow me to spend ~$1000 for PSVR, a PSNeo and games, that I would never allow anyone else in the house to touch? I'm incensed.

A fucking shame, I say. No early adoption for me.

only thing i was disappointed about was the lack of ps neo news.

i want my uhd br player in my playstation.

They said they'd release the console or talk about it more when they have stuff ready for it. And I think that's fine. They have a shit load of time to come out with it.

Wait, where the hell is Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I thought some sort of an official announcement, on Sony's part, would be due by now.

Is this still a thing?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
They said they'd release the console or talk about it more when they have stuff ready for it. And I think that's fine. They have a shit load of time to come out with it.
MS's 4k player will be out in august is all im saying.

not really looking to buy a xbox one s, but it's looking tempting with the PS4k further out. the only other option is the 400 dollar samsung product.

Qurupeke

I thought it was a good presentation. Perhaps not as exciting as last year, but I would definitely not call it disappointing.

-God of War looked great and I loved the setting, even though I'm kind of indifferent towards the series.
-Not really excited about Days Gone
-The Last Guardian is releasing sooner than I expected, that's cool
-Horizon still looks gorgeous.
-Resident Evil 7 looked... great? I certainly didn't expect that, I was actually ready for something that seemed like 6 again
-The VR games were okay I guess.
-I'm actually okay with the idea of a Crash Remastered trilogy, but I'm a bit afraid of that Crash is more or less fueled by nostalgia and it won't deliver. Still optimistic that we'll get something good though, I liked the games.
-Death Stranding looked... intriguing. A nice surprise.
-The Spiderman game was probably the highlight for me, the surprise factor would have made the reveal even better, but we already knew it was coming. Still, nice.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think the structure of the show left this feeling way worse than it actually was, God of War looked surprisingly great, Horizon still looks amazing, it just definitely felt like there was a Neo shaped hole at the end where they decided to drop a gameplay demo that probably would have just happened behind closed doors otherwise.

I can understand why they didn't want to put Neo out there with MS having hung this 'most powerful console ever' jab out there for Sony to either avoid or walk straight into but it might have been better to take the shot and just say "We don't need to wait a year, here's your most powerful console this fall".

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Cute? Thats it?

I want to know and play the games you people have been playing.

I sometimes think I'm an outlier, gaming for 20+ years and I still haven't become jaded.

god of war got kind of boring for me after 2 and i'm lukewarm about horizon because guerilla games.

if spider-man can recapture the feeling of the PS2 games then it will be amazing tbf

besides that it was like, idk, mostly stuff we already know? except resi 7 which i can't evaluate.

MS's 4k player will be out in august is all im saying.

not really looking to buy a xbox one s, but it's looking tempting with the PS4k further out. the only other option is the 400 dollar samsung product.

Remember, One is still pushed as an all-around multimedia player (especially if it still has the dual HDMI ports and the now new IR blaster), so it coming out with a slim version of it's big as hell console and just upgrading it to 4K for the Blu-Ray, is fine. I think it's better for Sony to wait to show off the new console and not have a separate new SKU like with the Slim + Scorpio being announced at the same time.

god of war got kind of boring for me after 2 and i'm lukewarm about horizon because guerilla games.

if spider-man can recapture the feeling of the PS2 games then it will be amazing tbf

besides that it was like, idk, mostly stuff we already know? except resi 7 which i can't evaluate.
Did you check the gameplay for Horizon? It was dope.

And GoW4 looks completely different than the previous games, tonally and gameplay-wise.

I don't know. Like I said, maybe I'm just different.
I think Sony showing was easily the best... again... :/
I'll agree with this, but I've only checked out ReCore, SoT, Gears 4, DR4 and multiplats from MS' conference, so I may be missing some hidden potential. Hardware < Software, at least during E3, for me.

madmackem

Enjoyed nearly everything there, that Spider-Man game man fucccccccccccck. God if they nail the feel of moving around the city like sunset this could be something special.

Daante

Great conference, pacing was top notch, great games showed.

FILLER STUFF CRAP WAS TOTALLY REMOVED

9/10

Sony knows what they are doing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I thought this conference was even better than last year's, in terms of what I'm actually interested in. Horizon (game of the show probably), God of War, Spidey, Days Gone, Last Guardian, RE7... all highlights. With no downtime and drawn-out segments, Sony is getting really good at doing these and giving us what we want...
aside from a David Cage game of course :p

So, please correct me if i'm mistaken.
1. No FF7R
2. No Shenmue 3
3. Kojima showed game that has no engine picked yet and will be released somewhere between 2020-2025.
3. RE7 is now first person horror
4. God of War is now Last of Us with Kratos.

Trace

Banned
So, please correct me if i'm mistaken.
1. No FF7R
2. No Shenmue 3
3. Kojima showed game that has no engine picked yet and will be released somewhere between 2020-2025.
3. RE7 is now first person horror
4. God of War is now Last of Us with Kratos.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Maybe
3. Maybe
4. No

Gambit

Just watched the conference spoiler-free and unfortunately not that many games were interesting to me.

Resident Evil VII would be, but I hate first person games so that's out.

Basically, it's Spiderman (which looks fantastic!) and The Last Guardian (which looks ok, but I've waited too long to skip it).

Horizon also looks pretty good.

The rest is not my cup of tea.

valkyre

Maybe it's a typo : D

Its not a typo, just trying not to come off as a fanboy... I thought it was immensly better than MS conference which was pretty bad at several points...

Its not that I am not happy Sony had such a powerful show, just that it seems they are on a different league now. :/ (see i did it again :D)

Roufianos

I said PSX 2015 was the worst conference I'd ever seen.

This was the best conference I've ever seen. Every single exclusive looked great and it was so well paced, the conference was basically in autopilot with very little talking.

Can't wait for Spider-Man, Horizon, God of War, Detroit, TLG and Days Gone. Looks like Sony's first party has finally arrived.

No Indies and Boyes was a relief too.

The only low points were:

RE7 being first person, that's literally bull numbingly stupid for a series claiming to return to its roots.

COD - I thought it played and looked so shit because it was a low budget VR game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm home, missed the conference, catching up. Seemed good for fans of the games shown. Well paced (ABOUT FUCKING TIME SONY), tons of stuff, good footage of existing games, long footage of new games.

Just a shame most of what was shown is unappealing to me personally. I assume PlayStation aficionados are very happy though, and that's the main thing.

Top Bottom