• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nictel

Look at that person's comments and see they were right about everything. They thought it was all at e3 2014 but it ended up being spread across 14-16, that's why that person said they were full of shit.

I am. Basically to me it looks like he knows someone who who knows someone that works at or around name registration at Sony. So he knew about the game but not in detail so gets the whole time period wrong. Which means
a remake of SotC
might be real but won't be announced for another 2-3 years. It is very much possible that this is the next project after the Last Guardian.

_Ryo_

If SOTC remake is real and SOTC becomes a franchise it has the potential to be Sony's own Monster Hunter type game.

If SOTC remake is real and SOTC becomes a franchise it has the potential to be Sony's own Monster Hunter type game.

I hope not. SOTC at its core is more a puzzle game than than an action game.

If analogs to other franchise is made, I'd think SOTC is more Zelda.

Hydrus

I love SOTC, but I dont want to see it become a franchise with multiple games. It's a legendary game. No sequel will ever top it or come close. A remake would be good enough.

Memento

Fuck, Shadow of the Colossus REMAKE? That's the fucking dream. I will be disappointed now if that is not true. I hate you internet!

Lol, why would you believe this guy on reddit who basically echoes rumours, leaks and stuff that can be predicted by your every day gaffer?

We're 40 hours away with clear indication that no one from Sony will tease anything further.

Rather than dump all over it this, I think it's fun to entertain the notion. If it's true, lucky. If false, then at least we had some distraction.

_Ryo_

I hope not. SOTC at its core is more a puzzle game than than an action game.

If analogs to other franchise is made, I'd think SOTC is more Zelda.

I love SOTC, but I dont want to see it become a franchise with multiple games. It's a legendary game. No sequel will ever top it or come close. A remake would be good enough.

Fair opinions. But I was thinking about that rumored Sony First Party JRPG that was brought up a few years back and the idea just popped into my head.

To be fair though, I've never played SotC. I have watched a few episodes of a Let's play though.

I said Shadow of the Colossus 2 will get announced as my bold prediction in the Easy Allies thread. If a remake (not remaster) gets announced I'm totally counting it.

But it's saying trademarks, everybody can see trademarks? Original post was removed, so I can' really say how credible this guy was in the end.

Some context, since I remember that reddit thread.

OP for that reddit post posted a list of Sony games that he's heard 3 years ago, which included:
- TLOU2
- ND Space Game
- Dead Don't Ride
- Crash

I only remember those few.

None of the above were trademarked, so some reddit posters were asking "what about games like Entwined, Bloodborne" which was trademarked during that year.

Skeeter49

But it's saying trademarks, everybody can see trademarks? Original post was removed, so I can' really say how credible this guy was in the end.

Dead Don't Ride was never a trademark.
Shinobi revealed in 2016 that Dead Don't Ride was the internal name, so someone talking about it in 2014, 2 years before it's reveal, is impressive.

If he was someone capitalizing on trademarks, he'd have been talking about games like Killstrain/ Entwined.

Hexa

Things predicted not at Sony's E3 (that may have been predicted to be at some point):
KHIII
Death Stranding
From Soft's new ARPG (according to Killer Queen)

Things predicted at Sony's E3:
Destiny 2
CoD: WWII
Battlefront II
FIFA 18
Far Cry 5
Spiderman
Day's Gone
God of War III
Gran Turismo Sport
Sucker Punch's new IP
Shadow of the Colossus Remake (according to RedHill)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Crash Bandicoot (pre-show)
Major SSM VR Game

Am I missing anything?

convo

Wait what are these rumors about SOTC!?

Is it coming from credible source?

Someone in another Sony thread said something about Colossus something and he's trying to get verified by the mods but has failed so far i guess. Don't know until he proves his sources can be trusted. I thought it was about Wolfenstein but people say Bethesda wouldn't allow that.

Skeeter49

Very strange if they remake colossus instead of demon's souls

At best Demon Souls would be a remaster done by Bluepoint, not a remake which SOTC could potentially be.
Then again I don't understand why people want Demon Souls remastered. If it's not a Remake, the gameplay's going to be worse than DS1, DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom