• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Press Conference 6/9/14 @ 6PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, last years e3 for sony wasn't that great. Asides from the order and dark sorcerer, everything else was from games we had seen at the ps4 reveal, or multiplats.

The KH megaton was underminded by the fact its coming to xbox one as well (not a bad thing, but the impact of sonys conference was really lowered).

Sony only won because of the anti DRM announcement.

MS in terms of content had a lot more to show than Sony did.

I hope this list is false. I really do.

I disagree, I found MS conference to be pretty underwhelming as well, made no better by the feeling I get that they kind of just showed all their cards. They were forced too, of course, since they wanted to fix their image problem (while Sony could just sit back and hold most of what they had back till this year). Both conferences were good, Sony's just wins easily thanks to the DRM and price. KH and FFXV being on Xbox made it no less impactful as most of the audience will buy it on PS anyways. It being on X1 is irrelevant, as thankfully , it won't hold the PS4 version back (which will no doubt be the best anyways).

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif
54FffxH.png
X4FbUTY.png

One of the best in here. Lmaoo.

Edit: where is the wiiu titanic at? Imma buy wiiu before e3.

The crowd at Sony last year was pretty great.

I know the games press loves to bitch that they let fans into these things but they should keep doing it. Its the only way to get fun and honest reactions.

I mean if you want to hear some awkwardly forced cheering you should go rewatch the Xbox One reveal show. Its so bad.

Everything feels similar to last year, though toned down. For example, the whole "Every third party game is MS exclusive until proven otherwise" thing is still somewhat around.

Well they have the momentum and the war chest. Sony is going bankrupt any day now. /s

All 3 console makers are going to bring the games but I truly feel like it'd take something unheard of to change the tides much from how they are now. 3rd party exclusives are going extinct. Timed exclusives are following close behind. Let's see what the 1st parties do.

Yeah, last years e3 for sony wasn't that great. Asides from the order and dark sorcerer, everything else was from games we had seen at the ps4 reveal, or multiplats.

The KH megaton was underminded by the fact its coming to xbox one as well (not a bad thing, but the impact of sonys conference was really lowered).

Sony only won because of the anti DRM announcement.

MS in terms of content had a lot more to show than Sony did.

I hope this list is false. I really do.

Yeah, MS had CGs all over the place. How exciting! I guess Sony should simply prepare a prerendered teaser for all their upcoming projects and call it a day...
Nope, their last year conference was great : AAA, indies, superior multi, no DRM and price. MS was badly beaten.

Bundy

Banned

I know the games press loves to bitch that they let fans into these things but they should keep doing it. Its the only way to get fun and honest reactions.

I mean if you want to hear some awkwardly forced cheering you should go rewatch the Xbox One reveal show. Its so bad.

MS: "Internet Explorer"

Fake crowd: "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

Even more embarrassing when people are going to twitter and saying "the cheering is entirely coming from Microsofts side"

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That fake list is so pathetic it would be the worst Sony E3 ever. The MS's one wouldn't be any better. Nintendo had the only decent line up on that list. Do the people making this things up truly dream so small? And when people have wishlists, why don't they ever want any new IP. Every time I see one of those "What I Want From E3" lists and it's entirely made out of sequels, I die a little inside. Have some ambition.

warhawk was an ass of a game and so was starhawk. I had been playing superior multiplayer titles on PC and I simply never understood the love for warhawk. The shooting mechanic was absolutely broken, the infantary combat was completely broken and unfun. And when I joined the game in mid 2010 or 2011 I was being dominated in the air by warhawk vets.

The Battlefield series on PC was eons ahead of Warhawk and I simply didn't like it at all. That being said Warhawk was a mix of Battlefield and Unreal Tournament 2004, and even UT2K4 was more fun than warhawk.

I am glad the series is dead

Have you ever thought that just maybe its ok for people to like different games? Just because you didn't like Warhawk doesn't mean it is shit.

And personally I find the combat in Warhawk, whether you're looking at infantry, vehicles, or piloting, to be much more fun and rewarding than any Battlefield game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My favorite part about that list is simply the idea that a random list would be made this far in advance of games that would be at the show.

It makes no sense.

If they don't address the vita in any serious way then I might just have to give up on the system since its future will be nothing more than indie's and PS3 collection ports.

Which in itself, is not the worst thing in the world since I'm really looking forward to R&C: Into the Nexus and R&C: The Trilogy Collection, if they ever come out.

But still, it needs more than lip service.

Proxy

Watch Dogs gameplay weeks after release? Gears of War gameplay a few months after development started? Shit is so fake.

Also lol at a DX12 trailer.

My favorite part about that list is simply the idea that a random list would be made this far in advance of games that would be at the show.

It makes no sense.

My favorite part is how that exact list literally shows up every year since E3 became popular and it always gets new discussion regardless.

Sarobi

Banned
Have you ever thought that just maybe its ok for people to like different games? Just because you didn't like Warhawk doesn't mean it is shit.

And personally I find the combat in Warhawk, whether you're looking at infantry, vehicles, or piloting, to be much more fun and rewarding than any Battlefield game.

Exactly.
I personally loved Warhawk, and would love a sequel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom