• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

Considering the brand is perceptively going back to his roots, I am wondering if the console will look like PlayStation one to encapsulate their original ethos.

RoKKeR

EA is probably the only conference I won't watch tomorrow, it will probably be Battlefield 4 and the rest ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ.

Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars lineup, BF4...

...granted that is all DICE but I'll still watch. For all of the shit EA gets, I like and play many of their games.

MYE

Just saw this mockup posted on twitter:

Rm0BS2Xh.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/6FZ4y

I like how all mockups have crazy vents all over the place. I am afraid I havent liked a single one made yet.

Holy fuck that is ugly

Does the playstation blog allow you to replay the conference in its entirety after it has finished?, does anyone know?, i wanna come back home and pretend as if i'm watching it live.

He's verified by the moderators here, I think. Do you really need more proof than that? :/

Uh, to be honest yeah. I am glad the mods have had proof (remember they also want to hear the same as us, they too are enthusiasts), and I also entirely respect I can't be privy to that proof.

But I really haven't believed any of this stuff beyond the point of speculation. I have no idea how people not directly employed by these companies would have a clue.

This information isn't exactly dished out on a whim.

Maybe they have an idea of what the PS4 will get lineup wise, but they can't tell you what the E3 show will be like. At least, I call bull on that concept.

The people working on the show, would not leak it, they work too hard on the surprise.

That's fucking beauitful and saved. Exactly why it's still my favourite game ever. Just unfathomably beautiful.

netBuff

I don't see why close this and start a new "general discussion" thread right away. Why not just let this one stay open and open a real OT thread tomorrow.

There are still close to 29 hours left to the conference, and E3 threads are typically opened just about when the conference starts to avoid idle chatter.

Vol5

It's mad to think that not 1 month ago I was considering giving up gaming completely. The only game I was playing was DOTA2 (rarely) and a few indies here and there (even more rarely)

..and now...I'm fixated on GAF and can't wait for the Sony and MS conferences plus The Last of Us at the end of what will probably be, a legendary week in games

I think Sony did the right thing. Go for the hardcore jugular and make gaming special again.

AznSniper

I believe that Kagari has heard some murmurs that Battlefield 4 might be at the Sony conference with a DLC deal in place. I guess multiplayer is shown at the EA conference, and single player is shown at the Sony conference or maybe just a single player trailer with an announcement of timed DLC for Battlefield 4 on PS3/PS4 just like with Battlefield 3.

Considering the brand is perceptively going back to his roots, I am wondering if the console will look like PlayStation one to encapsulate their original ethos.

I'd prefer it if it would take its design cues from the PS2, that thing was a beauty... that black and blue color combination... sooo good.

Yawnier

Banned

...granted that is all DICE but I'll still watch. For all of the shit EA gets, I like and play many of their games.

I like some, albeit some of their games (SSX, Mass Effect) but none of their announced stuff or potentially unannounced stuff interests me at all, except for maybe BF4 but that is it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I'm the same way. I like DICE and Bioware a lot but I'm not a fan of the overall company. Lots of good devs there though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I like some, albeit some of their games (SSX, Mass Effect) but none of their announced stuff or potentially unannounced stuff interests me at all, except for maybe BF4 but that is it.

A next gen SSX would make me blow my load but after the last game, I'm not quite sure they can handle that kind of power.

RoKKeR

Something could happen at any moment.

What could. Leaks? Hype post by an insider? Grasping for straws is more like it.

And what's worse, NeoGAFNewThread is fucking DOWN on Twitter for the entire week. The most important week of the year, my biggest news source when I can't be checking GAF constantly disappears.

I would LOVE a flip top disc tray!

Only problem with flip top disc trays is that they're moving parts that are easy to break. I feel like that's one thing Sony would want to avoid, especially with their movement toward disc/card slots instead of trays with the PS3 and the Vita.

It would be a crazy nostalgia trip though. I still remember modding my PS2 Slim just to play Super Robot Wars games and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+.

RoKKeR

I believe that Kagari has heard some murmurs that Battlefield 4 might be at the Sony conference with a DLC deal in place. I guess multiplayer is shown at the EA conference, and single player is shown at the Sony conference or maybe just a single player trailer with an announcement of timed DLC for Battlefield 4 on PS3/PS4 just like with Battlefield 3.

Hm, interesting. I follow BF pretty closely but haven't seen any indication that they plan on showing SP at all at E3. They seem really focused on Multiplayer this week, which is great if you ask me.

That's not to say there isn't a possibility of a partnership announcement, there most certainly is given their track record with Playstation. I just don't think, if they do show anything at Sony's conference, it will be SP.

AznSniper

I wonder if Epic are going to show Fortnite?

I really want that game.

Maybe they could be working on a new Unreal Tournament. Seems fitting for a new generation of consoles. The question is whether it will be a timed console exclusive as with Unreal Tournament III because of Microsoft's restrictions with mods.

legacyzero

Banned
Only problem with flip top disc trays is that they're moving parts that are easy to break. I feel like that's one thing Sony would want to avoid, especially with their movement toward disc/card slots instead of trays with the PS3 and the Vita.

It would be a crazy nostalgia trip though. I still remember modding my PS2 Slim just to play Super Robot Wars games and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+.
Provided you don't have Hulk Hands and treat the lid like shit.

Ermmm... i don't want to visit any gaming website prior to watching the press conference because my eyes are sure to wonder off and ruin some surprises for me even if only by glancing at the headlines.

Book mark the actual thread so when you load it up all you see is links to the archived streams AND as a bonus there are no spoilers.

SSReborn

Ermmm... i don't want to visit any gaming website prior to watching the press conference because my eyes are sure to wonder off and ruin some surprises for me even if only by glancing at the headlines.

Bookmark the thread in your browser click the link as soon as you want to watch.

I don't see why close this and start a new "general discussion" thread right away. Why not just let this one stay open and open a real OT thread tomorrow.
I only said that because we're ~250 posts away from the post limit (afaik it's 20k), and given the rate this thread has been going, we will hit that limit in an hour or two. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom