• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Sony files trademark for 'Vib Ribbon"' in Europe

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mar 21, 2013
FINALLY, that E3 mention will mean something. Even if it's via PS1 Classic & it reads music off the HDD/memory card, I'll be happy.

Sidewinder

Jun 10, 2009
Jack Tretton replacement redeemed (maybe)! He lost many points in my eyes talking about Vib Ribbon all the time during E3 and not even announcing it for Vita.

Edit: just searched on that site for Colony Wars....

Filing date 21/05/1999
Registration date 22/08/2000

;(

mclem

Jan 16, 2007
I won't get my hopes up. The PS1 classic has been rated by various EU classification boards for years now.
Would it even *work* as a straight PS1 classic? Importing tracks would require extra code, either to reference the real system's disc drive or to import an MP3 or otherwise. And if you don't do that, you've got a vastly reduced game.

aspiegamer

Nov 10, 2013
Kudos to whoever edited the Wikipedia entry for the game to reflect this news which was posted 14 minutes before the thread was created. This is how you know a game has a loyal fan base.

Marky Mark

Oct 18, 2013
I got rid of my PSX ages ago but pretty sure I still have the PAL version of this. I was completely obsessed with trying every single song in this game. I can't remember which ones were best but I know Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" was one of my favourites along with "99 Luftballoons". Obvious choices, I know, but still some fun was had.

I will buy a PS4 for this.

JP

Mar 7, 2010
Vib Ribbon is awesome. The game never came over to the US I think, but it's a cult classic.
Really? Didn't know that. I wonder if this will play ripped tracks or even Music Unlimited tracks?

Kresnik258

Jan 25, 2014
I'd be more than happy with a PS1 classic.

Though, how would it work? Since you can't put CD's in a Vita :(

komplanen

Jun 23, 2013
Hopefully they don't blow a ton of money on this. I have a feeling all the recent glamouring after this niche title will not amount to much in terms of actual sales. But then again I guess a game like that doesn't take much to remaster at 1080p :)