• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Tratorn

Do we have a list for all new PS4 games announced at gamescom? Would be even better if it also includes games outside of their press conference (like Dreamfall Chapters).

Just to clarify, was everything sony showed going to be released within 6 months? If so, holy hell what a line up for fall 2014 and spring 2015.

Yes, that was one of the first things Jim Ryan said, although I do expect some games will be delayed outside of that window. Actually, I'm wrong. He was just talking about the exclusive titles they showed at the beginning of the conference.

Do we have a list for all new PS4 games announced at gamescom? Would be even better if it also includes games outside of their press conference (like Dreamfall Chapters).

This isn't a complete list, but these are some of the new reveals (I've mostly excluded games we already knew about, like Volume or Rime). Those with an asterisk are Sony IPs:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Hollowpoint
Bloodborne*
The Tomorrow Children*
WiLD*
Until Dawn*
Tearaway Unfolded*
Alienation*
Guns Up*
Hellblade
P.T. aka Silent Hills
In Space We Brawl
JSnow
Dreamfall Chapters
Nom Nom Galaxy
Pix Cat
Papers, Please (seems it may be for Vita and not PS4)
Ether One
Qube 2

Not sure I even understand this question...Some of the most exciting next gen things shown were by indies.

Yeah this conference showed why indies are important. All these studios making money on past projects are now able to put more effort into the engines and now creating stunning imagery on screen that is being showcased at the Sony conference. It is no coincidence that the vast majority of these " indie " games were not your usual Steam 2D pixel sprite type games. But full fledged 3D open world beauties with clever mixtures of genres and ideas.

I think my past thought on what Sony is doing with the indie teams is coming into fruition. My early thought on why Sony was getting in bed so hardcore with indies was because, just like in the PSX days, they were testing the teams talents. Giving them the means to put out a product with all their creative vision behind it and see which teams really had what it took. Then, they swoop in with financial assistance and publishing assistance and marketing assistance for the next titles and see how all that goes.

It will not be long now before Sony brings in many new teams into the WWS umbrella and I highly doubt many indie teams would be against the idea, especially this gen and most especially with the people in charge of Sony atm.

Soild show if lacking something from the big boys.

Michel Ancel + Sony is a amazing signing for them though. When creepy Sony guy was talking about a well known European developer who recently opened a studio I thinking that Peter Molyneux was gonna walk and Sony was working with 22 cans. Needless to say I am 100% ok with how that turned out.

I wasn't able to watch the whole live stream yesterday - I only came in during the Destiny stuff. Watching it today, I was thrilled to see Snow as part of the indie montage! Finally a downhill simulator on consoles again! MS obviously has no interest in bringing Amped back, but I can get some snowboarding simulation on PS4 with Snow!

prwxv3

Soild show if lacking something from the big boys.

Michel Ancel + Sony is a amazing signing for them though. When creepy Sony guy was talking about a well known European developer who recently opened a studio I thinking that Peter Molyneux was gonna walk and Sony was working with 22 cans. Needless to say I am 100% ok with how that turned out.

oh god that would have been amazing to see. Though I glad that did not happen.

Loudninja

Gamescon new game announcements round up:

PS4:
The Tomorrow Children
Journey
The Unfinished Swan
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Hollowpoint
Hellblade
Until Dawn
WiLD
Tearaway Unfolded