• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have Spider-man, but what if Microsoft had...

Problem with Superman is he is a god for all intents and purposes so how do you translate that to a game without it feeling like you've enabled all cheats in the game.

One aspect of Superman that i think should be focused on for a game is not his life on earth but the political struggles of his people back on Krypton.

Would be cool to play the game from the perspective of Jor-El and General Zod with the artstyle of Man Of Steel riding mythical beasts in a planet wide war with another alien race.
End the game with superman being shot off into space and have a superman game on earth with Clark discovering his powers and his abilities as you grow older (mission by mission)

I’ve said it in other Supergame Game speculation threads but I think a Supes game can work. Base the game around the challenge of juggling so many crises at once. Do you save the drowning person, or stopped the armed robbery? Make the choices have consequences.

Throw in the obligatory “temporarily weakened by kryptonite“ segments, as well as some boss encounters with similarly or equally powered supervillains, voila, you have the foundation of a great Superman game

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They made the best KOTOR game, better than Bioware ever did. Stop giving the political tag to everything. Obsidian deserves the Star Wars rights more than anyone else.
Outer Worlds was just a small passion project by Tim Cain. It had a very small budget and only made in less than 3 years.

Their next fantasy project is the real deal.

No. They did not make the "best KOTOR" game. That goes to the *old* Obsidian. The majority of those writers, developers, and programmers no longer work at Obsidian.

Chris Avellone is sorely missed. You can feel the lack of quality writing in every game they have released since his departure.

Top Bottom