• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: KOTR Remake Trailer delisted due to license issues

Draugoth

Gold Member
Kotaku managed to contact Sony, which responded as to why the trailer was private on the channel, citing "licensing issues."

Update 9/29/2023 11:54 a.m. ET: A spokesperson for Sony said the KOTOR remake trailer was delisted over licensing issues. “As part of normal business, we delist assets with licensed music when the licenses expire,” they told Kotaku in an email. The only music in the trailer seems to be the main Star Wars theme which is owned by Disney.

It's likely that the title is indeed cancelled or in development limbo.

Also Stephen Totilo reached out to both Disney and Sony for clarification

Sony is barely even trying smh...

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I just wanted a remake just to relive the best companion in an RPG of all time :

images

Madflavor

If it's true that Sam Maggs is involved, then I hope this thing really does get cancelled if it hasn't already.

nowhat

Surely they're already guns for hire by leaving Divinity, their own product, to work on Dungeons and Dragons?
They themselves wanted to do a Baldur's Gate sequel while making Divinity 2. Wizards of the Coast said no. Divinity 2 was released and was a success, WotC said yes.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I thought so, people kept acting like she was heavily involved but I could have sworn she wasn’t really on the project all that long (and it sure doesn’t sound like she likely had much influence on whatever the final product ends up being)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I thought so, people kept acting like she was heavily involved but I could have sworn she wasn’t really on the project all that long (and it sure doesn’t sound like she likely had much influence on whatever the final product ends up being)
She wasn't even the lead. She was just one of the many writers and would probably be working on some dialogues and side-quests.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
She wasn't even the lead. She was just one of the many writers and would probably be working on some dialogues and side-quests.
And she is been long gone for over 2 years now, but it keeps getting repeated like it never happened.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

It seems like either the game has been canceled or moved out of Embracer and rebooted. Canceled seems more likely at this point, unfortunately.

Hopefully, we will get more information during Embracer's quarterly earnings call.

Does anybody know when that will be?

Edit: Google Bards says it'll be on Nov. 16, 2023.

Last edited:

Filben

We let expire licensed music for our upcoming game so its videos get delisted, which is totally normal business. Yeah, when you game is development hell, maybe.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Wasn't that nutjob super woke feminist rewriting most of the game (I know she was fired or left the company but that script would still be there)

I imagine what we would have got would have been hot shit. Forspoken like dialog with added wokeness.

Gambit2483

Here's hoping Quantic Dream's Star Wars project isn't next. It sounded like it might be too big in scope for a studio that makes highly narrative driven games

Top Bottom