• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony leaks Dark Cloud PS2 for PS4

MaulerX

Wait... XBox One's BC includes recognizing my large 360 disc-based library and not just my XBox Live purchased games? If so it may be time to jump on the XBox One train.

(Recognizing, of course, that I'm sure those games have to be on their list of BC games...)

Yes as long as the games are on the BC list you can pop in a disc and download the game. You still need the disc in the system to play but that's par the course.

panty

Blaablablaa I don't give a flying fuck if my Dark Cloud disc wont work.

I've waited for this day for years. One of my all time favourite games.

There is a God.

So you guys really thought they would be ok with working on games, adding trophies and upping the res, for free?

How does that make any sense at all? You guys bought the ps2 classics, as they were. It would make no sense for them to spend money and man hours on something to get little to no return on it.

We dont even know how much they are charging for it, or if they will have some sort of reduced price promotion yet.

Jesus christ, some people saying they arent buying another sony console because of a leak? Wow

Nintendo got railed brcause they charged an upgrade fee. I was fine with the upgrade fee to help offset the additional work, but people shouldn't have to pay full price for a couple additional features they may not even care about. Why not provide a discount, though maybe there's still a chance???

Kyoufu

Correct, and I"ll continue to only purchase them on PS3 now. Still ridiculous they don't carry across, especially given Sony's pioneering of cross-buy.

They don't carry over because they don't actually exist on PS4. Devs have to go back and re-do them with the new tools. That means developers spend time. Time costs money.

Jigorath

Banned
They don't carry over because they don't actually exist on PS4. Devs have to go back and re-do them with the new tools. That means developers spend time. Time costs money.

People didn't have to buy Journey again when it got an enhanced PS4 port. Sony just let all the PS3 owners download it again for free. It just seems weird that they wouldn't do the same here.

People didn't have to buy Journey again when it got an enhanced PS4 port. Sony just let all the PS3 owners download it again for free. It just seems weird that they wouldn't do the same here.

If they don't it's crappy considering their history, but as of now (because none of the dark cloud games have been on psn) we don't know what they will do when that instance arises.

Kyoufu

Maybe they'll let you download SCE properties that you already own on PS3 for free on PS4.

3rd parties however, good luck.

jiggle

Loved this game
I hope this means franchise revival!

Edit: ugh trophies in this will be the death of me. All the time to be spent on fishing

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can we talk about Dark Cloud mainly here and leave the bickering for the other thread?

I'm down for newly released games much like PS1 digital classics that I don't even own anymore.

So Dark Cloud will be bought.

Loudninja

Can we talk about Dark Cloud mainly here and leave the bickering for the other thread?

I'm down for newly released games much like PS1 digital classics that I don't even own anymore.

So Dark Cloud will be bought.
With this and Dark Could 2 its looking very good already I am excited

no disc support? bleh. Luckily, I still got a copy of dark cloud 1, a fully functioning ps2, and a laptop that can emulate basically every ps2 game fully. So after thinking about it, it's kind of whatever to me lol.

AntMurda

With this and Dark Could 2 its looking very good already I am excited

Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Siren
Ape Escape 2
Twisted Metal Black

Those are the games we know. I wonder if the first-party list will be much more extensive than that? Also what about third-party games. Konami had a lot of great PS2 games ;(

Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Siren
Ape Escape 2
Twisted Metal Black

Those are the games we know. I wonder if the first-party list will be much more extensive than that? Also what about third-party games. Konami had a lot of great PS2 games ;(

edit: you probably mean new.. duh.

Tizoc

Reads thread title
OH THIS IS DARK CLOUD 1
Still cool
Honestly Sonty can take their time if getting more PS2 classics to be PS4 compatible takes time to be done itself.

Pennywise

Reads thread title
OH THIS IS DARK CLOUD 1
Still cool
Honestly Sonty can take their time if getting more PS2 classics to be PS4 compatible takes time to be done itself.

Pegi rated Dark Cloud 2, so I bet both will be part of the lineup.
Only DC1 leaked.

ClearData

1080p and trophies? I like the sound of that. I'm not too upset about the other stuff though. I got my PS3 and PS2 systems for classics. I had a feeling full backwards compatibility was going to die eventually. Both the Xbox One and PS4 have partial implementation. I doubt the day comes where all the 360 and PS2 titles are playable on this gen's hardware.

elohel

If there's any crossover why not just do an account scan and give out some vouchers? Conversely giving these things out for free to those small groups that did buy the games is far better in the long run anyways

Tizoc

If there's any crossover why not just do an account scan and give out some vouchers? Conversely giving these things out for free to those small groups that did buy the games is far better in the long run anyways

Sonty couldn't even add a SEARCH function to their PS library/download list, how do you expect a scan of this kind to work :p

The dream is dead

w6bMVkp.png

Not even PS2 Classics? WTF. I understand they might not have trophy support, but they should still run.

Seda

I wonder if this port would still have that broken dagger glitch. Or any of the other numerous glitches.

Aurongel

I wonder if this port would still have that broken dagger glitch. Or any of the other numerous glitches.
You don't fool me Seda... Or should I say... DARK GENIE!

Ahem*, broken dagger glitch is amazing. There's also a way of exploiting that bug to manipulate memory values to get the game to load the credits. It's permanantly ruined the speed run scene for the game because now people are beating the game in minutes flat.

Top Bottom